Nurse changes

Options
13»

Comments

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

Nurses are just going to slap on every gen regression perk they can.

Win-Win!

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,087
    Options

Thank you Devs for finally listening to us <3 I personally like Nurse's power and wouldn't like it to be reworked, because it's fun. Of course, it can be nerfed if needed. But finally making her blink attacks special attacks, and removing the blink distance functions from addons is a godsend. Thank you!

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,209
    Options

In my experience, some survivors will DC against any killer when they get downed first, especially the higher prestige ones.

I don't have more rage-quits against my Nurse than against my Huntress, Trickster, Legion, Trapper, ...

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

Yeah - People DC on both sides whenever the slightest thing goes wrong.

I really wish I could see how they handle IRL adversity.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,600
    Options

Nurse is basically the only thing back from "old DBD" (gameplay- and mechanic-wise) which was really, really strong back then and is still allowed to exist. Nurse was the strongest Killer when Survivors were the strongest, and Survivors get nerfed constantly since the launch of the game (rightfully, for the most part).

So yeah, at some point, this design failure (aka Nurse) can be adressed. Sure, there will be some Nerfs and probably the Pickrate will drop, because many will think Nurse is "gutted", but give it 2 months at max and everyone who abandoned Nurse will realize that she is still strong. And will still dominate.

And I can only guess, but the Devs are either scared to rework her in a meaningful way OR have no idea how they can change her that she is somewhat unique and not too strong or too weak. Because you cannot nerf Nurse, she will either be too strong or too weak. With those changes, she will still be too strong.

Overall, it is a joke that Nurse can exist like this, especially if we get more and more Killers who are harder to play than her and still weaker.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

So BHVR will also in this patch revert the Starstruck nerf?

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

Again, this is all inference and made up points on your part. If they wanted her power gone, they would have done it. This whole relic thing is lazy, regurgitated thinking.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,560
    Options

It DID take them 5 years to change iri Head and DH to be in a more...acceptable state

• woundcowboy
    Options

They had their chance both a few years ago and now- no changes to her power. This obviously means they don’t see her as a “relic.”

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,560
    Options

They had their chance to change DH when Dedicated Servers were added.

This obviously means DH couldn't have been a problem.

• woundcowboy
    Options

This doesn’t compare at all. They actually took time to rework all of her addons and power. Dead hard went literally untouched, the only difference being how it interacted with the server.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

OMG you can't run a killer that ignores everything in the game. You discovered America. Keep it up.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    edited January 2023
    Options

I am a nurse main with 2.5k hours, this literally does not affect me in any bit. This is actually not the correct way to nerf her. The changes basically amount to:

• Blink is a special attack
    • Range addons gone (and others changed TBD)
    • Sound queue.

The sound queue does nothing, because bad players are still bad, and good players already know when her blink is ready. The range addons were already nerfed and never were her strongest addons. Her strongest addons are her recharge ones, and, depending on the type of team you are going against, her fatigue reduction addons.

Making blinks special attacks just removes the "exposed" style play. All that means is that instead of nurses using perks that help her in a chase and to down quickly, now she just runs 4 slowdown perks. Additionally, you just made Jolt, Sloppy, and various other perks that she might have taken instead completely useless, so now she basically is always going to run 4 slowdown perks because why would you run anything else? So great, now god nurses will end the game in 5 minutes instead of 3. All you did was make the games last a bit longer.

What nurse needs is a complete rework, i'll probably post my suggestion of it later, but she needs a complete rework. These "nerfs" don't really fix the fundamental problems with her.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

The way I found was to stop playing her at all until a month or two ago.

(Although she was more of a side killer than a main, and I was better at getting kills with Myers than with her.)

I play on PC with a controller, and I've just recently started playing Deathslinger. Can't speak on the others, but he is extremely doable.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

She's going to be fine, this just reigns in some of her sillier addons and perk interactions.

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234
    Options

With the amount of gen rush perks in the game and that keep getting added, the only change to Eruption should be a 45 second window of its application to a gen. Otherwise, deal with it.

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234
    Options

Not even. I ran Agi/Starstruck on her until the salty messages became annoying or overly aggressive. Usually from people trying to do stuff like flashlight save without touching a gen the whole match or doing head on builds. The point is there are a lot of survivors that refuse to play Killers differently from one another and there are a lot of killers that rely too much on certain perks and can't play without them. I switched to all info perks with the Lethal change. People still die or DC. And they'll continue to do that until they learn that the answer isn't crying for nerfs, it's actually different tactics for different Killers. She did need changes, don't get me wrong. But chained blinks should have been special attacks, not all blinks. Because now we're going to have a lot of 4 slowdown Nurses, which puts survivors in the exact same spot.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 225
    Options

I like how her power is still the same. I agree with these changes. If Starstruck doesnt work on her anymore, its perfect.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

they can nerf gen speed perks all they want i never run them unless there's an archive like "repair the equivalent of X gens" but if the devs refuse to do smth about it i'll just may as well go full gen build,can't get erupted if my gen is unfairly finished in 40 secs :)

• HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 359
    Options

I'm not good at Nurse but I feel that any change to a killer that makes a good portion of perks useless is a poor choice. A killer's power shouldn't render perks unusable.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,284
    Options

The way I see it, there are two types of Nurses in DBD.

1. Those that are fun to go against, even if they kill you.
    2. Those that are unfun to go against, because of the way they kill you.

This "nerf" will only nerf the second, and if you're a Nurse main that relies on being number 2, well good riddance. When I get a number 1 Nurse, always give them a GG and let them know they were a great Nurse. But those that are number 2 that have a total reliance on that Nurse meta of aura perks and exposed perks, that's just not fun.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,284
    Options

Why not? That's the way it is for most other killers. In fact, I'm pretty sure Nurse is the last killer whose power still benefits from perks.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Oh definetly. I even see dcs against the Knight on the first down.

But data might be inconclusive for the ptb, if people still behave like this.

• Renfear
    Renfear Member Posts: 137
    Options

This is dumb. I want Ash 4 to Iri 1 with nurse using nothing but vision perks and I'm a solidly mediocre nurse.

• Tsulan
    Options

You can´t run her in CIRCLES like everyone else. Nurse requires a different strategy to be played against. But she can be run. It just requires more/different skill.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

These changes are good against strong Nurses, only they will switch Starstruck and such for gen regression so people will complain a lot still.

But the problem are all the other Nurses out there, the once who gives Nurse such low kill rate. Now they will struggle even more? I think there is a chance that only the best Nurse players stay and the others will play other killers and the result is Nurse gets higher kill rate after the nerfs.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,986
    Options

The slightest twitch of the joystick and you end up aiming 90 degrees farther than you intended. The deadzone settings for this game are abysmal. Maybe you have better deadzone settings on your fancy PC controller drivers.

• Tsulan
    Options

*looking at the 7 blink Nurses on the PTB.

Yeah about that...

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

No, that's still very much a problem, but it doesn't stop me from getting 4Ks (going from playing M1 killers almost exclusively to a B-tier killer makes me feel like a god). I actually don't know if M+KB would be any easier, though. It's not easy to hit survivors from 20m away, but I'm not sure that's what his power is for. I can do 10m just fine.

I don't know what platform you're playing on, but a DualSense is probably one of the better purchases I've made the past couple of years. It's an extremely good controller with some pretty badass features.

I'm playing on Linux, and since Sony donates the drivers for DualSense directly to the Linux kernel, I don't have to jump through 80 hoops to get everything to work the way you have to in Windows, plus it doesn't constantly disconnect itself and controller latency is noticeably improved over Windows (I did some testing), but I'm not sure how it compares to using one on an actual PS5. I don't get any fancy customization options or anything other than the fact I can make the light whatever color I want.

• SmolBlob
    SmolBlob Member Posts: 399
    Options

It will never not be funny that people still prattle on the myth Nurse bottlenecks design.

1. BHVR has already stated on previous occasion they do not nerf things if it’s an issue on only 1 killer.
    2. Patch note reflects this, because it says "killers". Anyone mobile could make use of the info.
    3. Awakened Awareness was terrible even before it got nerfed.
    4. Awakened Awareness is the only case people can even try to offer as evidence, because there’s literally nil otherwise.
    5. Also by this logic, Plague and Legion also bottleneck design/balance as a whole because they were the main culprits that led to Thanatophobia being nerfed.
    6. The nails in the coffin: BHVR regularly releasing perks that are incredible on Nurse, while also buffing or reworking old perks which also make them incredible on Nurse. Never once an issue in the half-decade she’s existed.
      1. No Way Out/Starstruck both were released and then buffed from their PTB version, Hex: Retribution got its aura reveal buffed, Lethal/Eruption/Brine/Floods/etc released. Lethal/Gift of Pain/etc buffed.