We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Will my ST characters transfer over to the PS5 version if I have the PS4 disc

Sacrifeast
Sacrifeast Member Posts: 18
edited January 2023 in General Discussions

So, 8 months ago I bought the Nightmare edition for the PS4, the physical version and my ST characters are very high prestige and I got a PS5 and found out I don’t get them on the PS5 version, so I did some research and found out you have to get a voucher from DBD support. But my question is when I redeem the code will my ST characters have the same prestige level?

Answers

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,325

They did originally but iirc that ended in September.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,169
    edited January 2023

While all your progress on PS4 will transfer to PS5, it's funny with DLC.

You need to redownload the dlc to reactivate the license. Which means if you bought the ST as the dlc pack, you can't get it back, because it's not available to redownload.

Ironically, if you bought the character with auric cells instead, there's no problem.

As to how this works with the Nighmare Edition I have no idea. Maybe it recognises it as a full package and you keep your ST, maybe it simply "adds on" the ST dlc, and you dont.

That said, you can play the PS4 version on the PS5, if you have the physical copy you just load in the disk and install from there, and I would think you'd retain everything that way. You'll benefit from better performance, but the graphics won't be any better.

Post edited by Seraphor on