Blight and DH for those who want to learn Blight or are new to him.

Sava18
Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

To start off, Blight is probably the best killer in the entire game in terms of baiting dh. At least vs 9.99/10 survivors, because that 9.99 won't adjust based off of a Blight that is baiting.

So for starters, DH has always been less effective vs blight compared to other killers even before the rework. In-fact the counter play is exactly the same.

There are three options a blight has against DH and while none are always available there is usually one you can preform.

As this post is directed at newer blights I will explain what a shoulder flick is. A shoulder flick is using that first 1/10 of a second when you first start the lunge portion of your lethal rush lunge to hit a survivor that is touching your hitbox in any way. Even if a survivor is off screen, as long as they are touching your shoulder you will still connect, thus the shoulder flick.

Keep in mind option 1 and 3 are from before the rework but the interactions would have remained the same regardless.

Option 1. While chasing a survivor that may have dh or you know has dh go for a shoulder flick(which is instantaneous and non-reactable). But instead simply slide past them to the nearest collision and instantly turn around to hit them again now that they are without dh.

I actually couldn't find a good example for this one, guess I never thought to clip one of this as it's usually not very cool. But I did find a very tiny example in a clip for something else, the actual bait ends right as the video starts.

Example:

Option 2. If you are in a tight area that lacks too much collision you can actually samwitch yourself inbetween the survivor and something that lacks a lot of collision examples being red forest/coldwind tile walls and a large portion of shack walls you can simply sit there in your rush and wait out dh as most survivors will turn into you to dh.

Example:

Option 3. If you deem neither of the other options are available you can attempt to wait out DH via slam duration or extra bumps while close as a last resort. DH =.5 seconds and slam duration base is 1.25 seconds.

Example:

All of these are scenario based and sometimes you have no chance to use any of them such as when rushing into cornfields on coldwind.

Lastly, hug tech flicks leave you more open to dh or I guess any flicks do as well.

For survivors

Option one is going to be the method you find Blights using the most. It's simply the most consistent to use.

I'm not sure how often you go against a Blight who actually thinks to bait dh although I doubt it's very high. A good way to deal with it is exactly like you do with m1 killers out in the open. If you noticed in the last chase the Blight baited out dh then this time you let him slide past you the first time and then dh on his next rush second time around. I've actually seen someone deliberately run into lilith as if to dh and hold it until the 4th rush, no chance of auto dh and I was genuinely impressed.

Although, if the Blight has no collision to collide on once past you, you should always use dh as he has nothing to bait you out with.

That's about all I can think of atm but if anyone else has something to contribute go for it.

Comments

• Heytherebigguy
    Heytherebigguy Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 226

I main blight and many times you just have to eat it sadly, if its my last rush, gotta take the risk. if it's a flick, as you said -gotta eat it.

Sometimes, I bait dh but bumping into a further object but then I realize that object has no collision and I lose that chase just from baiting the DH alone, which sucks.

Sadly baiting DH as a blight is a thing of rushes, if u have rushes to use, most likely u can do it.

I've noticed in my games that survivors that have DH many times won't use it on situations where they can't see me hug teching(big walls) or when I come across a corner with 180 flick, cause they don't expect me to hit them and they prefer to save their DH, that's a good part about blight, the element of surprise.