Truths that the community does not accept

Options

1. NURSE will always be the strongest killer in the game and there are no reworks to fix it.

2. DH is a balanced perks now ( oh my god, I really said that? No way )

3. Camping and tunneling will always exist no matter how many measures are taken to discourage this type of gameplay.

4. SoloQ will always be terrible because you can not fix bad players.

5. SWF is fine, that's the reason this game didn't die a long time ago.

6. New metas will always come and go because people are crying too much although some perks are fair.

7. FNAF WILL NOT COME TO DBD

8. The old dbd despite being unbalanced is better than the current one.

9. BHVR has made some great changes over the last few months.

10. I'm beautiful boys and girls.

11. Sweet is better than salty.

Comments

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173
    Options

I miss old dbd too back then killer win felt rewarding and with survivor genrushing wasnt the only way to win

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 518
    Options

agree with everything except 2

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

2- DH is really needed against tunnelers, but its still dirty against fair play killers.

3- Camping & Tunneling will always exist, but I have a way to ultimate soften it.

6- Meta is 2nd chance & Gen rush for survivors, Gen slowdown for killers. Perks will be changed, but the rule of Meta will not.

10- You're a good boy, not beautiful one.

Gens was sure faster, but survivors tend to cleanse Totem to prevent Noed IF they have enough time to cleanse totems.

Now, Coh exist, Noed nerf, there is no reason to touch totem except BP. Gen time increase force survivors to bring at least 1 Gen perk related. I feel the game now is less dynamic than before.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

I agree with most of these points. DH is still a very tedious perk and I'd love for this perk to be reworked because waiting behind a survivor while they run into the killer or spin in crazy manners, breaking their ankles isn't exactly fun. However it's not completely unfair anymore and there is now a form of counterplay. I don't think SoloQ will always be terrible. Sure, it will never compete with SWF but some more information may even convince the Claudette, that is hiding in a bush in a corner of the map or her best friend Dwight, who is hiding in a locker right next to her that it is safe to touch a gen. Your 6th point doesn't hold up too well considering which meta perks we had in this game. It changed but the generall direction is still slow down for killers and second chances and efficiency perks (if not for something absolutely broken like Boilover in the RPD library) for survivors.

Especially point 9 is something we can agree on. They made some very healthy changes to the game like BT basekit and their programm in dealing with cheaters as well as the upcoming nerf to the Nurse. Sadly we also some things that were less than enjoyable. However the good overweighs by far.

I feel like the community has become a bit less salty over the past year but maybe that's just me.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

And I agree with all except these:

• It would be fine if matchmaking didn't put SWFs against low MMR killers. And yes I am talking about my Deathslinger on controller.

• I do think the devs are listening. The fact that Nurse is getting the very nerf people have been pleading for is good evidence that they are improving the game. I'm a little worried about Boil Over Sabo squads after the new wiggle mechanics come in though.

11. Sweet is better than salty.

• Not since lovely sugar has been largely replaced with nasty sweetners (in my part of the world) it isn't.
  • HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Agree with pretty much everything but 8, but that's just because I was not around then so I can't judge which one is better =)

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,273
    Options

1. a Freddy style rework could definitely bring her in line with the rest of the cast

2. Its balanced but overused. Still needs a look at

3. Yeah cant think much for this one

4. Every game has terrible Solo Q but DbD just takes the cake. While I dont think the new icons will fix everything as theres still a lot of info missing its definitely a step in the right direction

5. Agreed, should be the main point of balance once Solo Q is brought to their level

6. META literally stands for "Most Effective Tactic Available". Cant really get rid of that but what you can do, is make more healthy, interesting and interactive metas.

7. It will probably at some point, couldnt care less.

8. Old DbD wasnt better than the current one. The old community was better

9. Yea

10. Yea

11. Yea

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

12 - Opinions often get mistaken for truths or even facts.

Its fine to have them and your opinions here, I generally agree with some of them...l but don't commit the sin of confusing them for a anything but opinion.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,782
    Options

I agree, except for a couple I can't confirm. I've only been playing for two years so not sure what constitutes "old dbd", and I also can't confirm whether or not you are beautiful. I'll have to take your word

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

You seem to mistake truths for opinions

Here are some actual truths the community doesn't want to accept

1) there is practically no difference between 4.4 and 4.6 killers in terms of map presence. The difference in speed matters a lot in chases but that's it.

2) 50% slowdown means an action takes twice as long. So many people still believe it only adds 50% to the time of an action.

3) slowdowns stack multiplicative. Penti's 30% slowdown and thana's 20% slowdown results in 44% slowdown, not 50%

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

Camping and tunnelling are not bannable offenses and are approved by the developers.

No matter how many threads you make complaining about them.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,924
    Options

12. Maps are by and large fairly well balanced. Even Garden of Joy, other than some questionable hitboxes on bushes, is more or less identical to Thompson house in layout. The only real outliers are Gideon's pallets and Midwich's hook placements. Any killer can just as easily win or lose on any map, other factors have more weight than the map itself. Only Eyrie has a significant difference in kill rates, which is why it's getting reworked.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

“The difference in speed matters in chase and THAT IS IS”

Lmao.. it makes a HUGE difference. Ending chase early ultimately leads to map pressure.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

It makes a huge difference

In chase

Many people of the community believe that patrolling gens is that much harder for the 4.4 killers and that just isn't the case

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    Options
    1. Agreed, unless she's Freddy'd, but I don't think that'll ever happen.
    2. Depends on how you decide something is "balanced." It's definitely better than before but I still abhor the perk since it's "counter" is literally staring at someone's back which is just annoying and unfun.
    3. Agreed.
    4. Half true. Can't fix bad teammates but you can fix a lack of information.
    5. Not sure I'd go that far, but I don't agree with the idea that playing with friends is somehow a bad thing. Yes, coordinated teams are frustrating at times. At the end of the day, punishing teams is punishing people for wanting to play with their friends.
    6. I mean, Old DS/UB/DH meta lasted for ages, so I don't know if "come and go" is really an apt description. People definitely don't like change though.
    7. Geez, didn't need to say it so directly.
    8. Elaborate. And was the game better or was the community better?
    9. Yeah, I agree. They also made some stumbles in some areas but yeah, overall, good changes.
    10. Glad to see you have self-confidence.
    11. Depends on what I'm eating. If I'm eating fries, I'd rather they be salty.
  • StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited January 2023
    Options

Eh...okay.

1. Define 'strongest'? I see Nurses getting destroyed all the time at my intermediate MMR and I see Nurses getting destroyed on top MMR streams. Her upper limit is probably super high, but that should get reigned in a bit in 6.5.0.
    2. Eh...hmmm...(non committal noises...)...it's tricky to say. There's a reason it's picked so often - because it can still be a really oppressive perk against weaker killers, but less powerful (or even outright useless) against stronger killers or specific builds. Not a huge problem, but I could go either way here.
    3. Well...sure? The problem is that these are necessary tactics against very strong teams, but complete and obnoxious overkill against average teams. One of the core issues is the way survivor BP/emblems work, in that there's zero reason for someone not to suicide while getting camped in solo queue - even if their team wins, they're still getting 4,000 BP and a depip for wasting their time.
    4. Yup. But solo still needs some love. 'Terrible' is relative - it can always be 'less terrible'.
    5. No. The problem is matchmaking, and that 4 players can team up and still have the same MMR for matchmaking purposes as they would solo, or even have someone purposefully tank their MMR to get easier opponents. This is where you get the really unfair stomps.
    6. Sure.
    7. I think you'd be astonished at how few people really care about FNAF anymore.
    8. Ahahahahaha...no. I started under old DbD and it was awful and janky. I could go on about every map having a 'you can't pick me up from here!' spot, often multiple. Or prenerf OoO. Or prenerf keys. Or MoM. Or DS. Or BT. Or DH. Or sabo. Or infinites. Or monthly rank resets which also reset matchmaking. Or moris. But I won't.
    9. Yes.
    10. Okay.
    11. I'd prefer my coffee and ice-cream to be sweet.
  • Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

"You're not as good as you think you are, and you don't lose to abusing / swf/other side bringing op stuff " you just flop sometimes and it's ok

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options

You’re quite sure of your opinions that I would say a few are wrong objectively.

• Faterunner99
    Faterunner99 Member Posts: 3
    Options

2. DH is a balanced perks now ( oh my god, I really said that? No way )

If a perk makes both sides literally stand still behind one another and guess, it's not

Killers should get some bonus points or something for vs them since SWF is a huge advantage

2017-19 was a buggy, horrible balanced mess that I miss

9. BHVR has made some great changes over the last few months.

tru