Killers - How Often Do You Get Given A Mercy Kill?

2»

Comments

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 537

Although I don’t actually play killer myself (I can’t get used to first person POV in any game) I have a lot of friends who do and I know it isn’t easy when new or that period when things don’t go right for whatever reason.

If there is any game where it is really obvious that the killer is a baby, or if it was a killer who gave a really good game/intense but fun match, then if it is with friends we’ll all give the kill after gates are open (unless one or more in the group really need the Pips) or at the very least let them farm for two hooks each. As I often use for the people, I end up being the obsession so I know they’ll get extra blood points from me so I point to let my friends know I’ll be willing to get killed.

The exception being if the killer has hard tunnelled/camped unnecessarily or BM’d on hook.

In fact probably half of my friends on my friend list are those I met when they were killer and some of whom friend requested me when I would do this. A lot if these friends play in mini-SWFs in survivor too (not comms). Or as I like to call it DWF as we die together quite often (I’m an eternal potato).

Unfortunately I play on Nintendo Switch (yes I know.. lol) so can’t communicate or chat in any way but I like to think we form good friendships this way.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

As much as killers gave me a hatch. Very rare.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,497
    edited January 2023

Sometimes when I farm with survivors they refuce to leave and instead show hook me there. Maybe once I have been given mercy kill playing normally when I was demogorgon and someone name was morime-demopuppy.

When I give survivor hatch it's not only about showing good etiquette but because that makes me feel good. But if the survivor is teabagging and being unsportmanlike ofcourse then no hatch.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,910

In my memory, I've been given one clear mercy kill in all my years in DBD. It was a legit 4 stack TTV SWF who absolutely dumpstered me, and one of them gave themselves up. It actually turned into a standoff because I didn't want to take it, but once it was clear they wouldn't leave, I hooked them.

Honestly, I hated it.

Now it's possible that when you're new you can get a "disguised" mercy kill where the killer tries to make it seem like they're still trying so it doesn't seem so condescending (something I've done), but I'm not sure how common that is.

As a killer I spare tons of survs who clearly don't belong in the match in such a way that it isn't totally obvious that I am taking pity on them.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,002
    edited January 2023

I'll give the killer the hatch and a mercy kill if I think they've been screwed over by a map or other survivors and played well.

The other day I was against a pig who had a set of really poor survivors, in that they had bad attitudes, but she didn't resort to camping and tunnelling and Still played fairly imo. She had chased me but gave up when I looped her a bit so I thought she deserved at least 1k.

Today I tried to give a Trickster, who themselves was letting me go, hatch but they wanted me to take it.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

I've given a mercy kill a few times but on the whole not so many. To be fair I haven't seen mercy escapes much in over a year either tho.

I think the game has lost that community spirit gradually more and more over the past year or two imo.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,330

I get them often if I'm playing Ghostface and I have a Mori. Survivors really love getting Mori'd by him lol. I once dragged a player 2 times to the exit gate, but she and her teammates didn't leave and wanted to get Mori'd xD

Vice versa, I do the same if the killer isn't playing insanely sweaty. I'll stay with them until ECG gets me lol. Unless it's a nurse, she can suck it. /jk

• FMG15
    FMG15 Member Posts: 456

Typically when I play a weak killer and have a rough match but that barely happens. I have over 1600h and it happened like 5 times?