Should survivors get their perks reworked (perks mostly not used by survivors)?

Options
healsoflove718
healsoflove718 Member Posts: 81

Lets-be-honest, most survivor perks need a lot of tweaks and work imo. I think BHVR so far has made somewhat of a good start but we need more changes to happen. There are over 100 perks for survivors, and most of them are never used in matches. For me, the best part of playing the game is utilizing perks and making them fun during matches. But, unfortunately, about 80-85% of perks I hardly ever see being used when I spectate or see during the end of the match.

Perks I never see being used: Technician, Autodidact, Solidarity, Buckle up, and especially, Red Herring.

Perks I mostly see being used: bond, Sprint burst, Adrenaline, Unbreakable, Deadhard, Lithe & a few others.

They should explore revamping survivor perks and make them more "fun" or perks that people would consider bringing into matches instead of seeing the same ones every time.

Should survivors get their perks reworked (perks mostly not used by survivors)? 12 votes

Survivor perks definitely need to be reworked.
33%
gaydavidkingArchol123healsoflove718DoomguysThumb 4 votes
Survivor perks are fine, just need to add more useful perks into the game.
8%
TeabaggingGhostface 1 vote
Survivor perks are fine they way they are now. Leave as is.
8%
YOURFRIEND 1 vote
Survivor perks are a mess, all of it needs to be changed.
16%
Gibberishgenipreys 2 votes
Survivor perks just needs to be buffed and leave as is.
16%
GressHugTheHag 2 votes
Survivor perks are way too OP and need to be nerfed.
16%
Quietussanees 2 votes

Comments

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Survivor perks just needs to be buffed and leave as is.

My answer is specific to unused survivor perks.

I don't want already nice perks to be nerfed just because they're used a bunch. The max pickrate has already been decreased with 6.1. and is now reasonable in my opinion. I don't think we'll see a state of the game where every perk has a 2-3% pickrate, and we certainly won't with changes like 6.1. If we keep buffing some perks and nerfing others into the ground there will always be one (1) meta that everyone gravitates around because the other perks are too weak.

So I think the currently used perks should not be touched, save for maybe specific synergies with items to be removed, but the unused perks should get buffed/reworked to make them better contenders.

And do the same thing for killer while we're at it. I think as a whole I see less completely useless perks on killer, because there are so many killers with different powers that any perk is bound to have at least some amount of use. But there are still some really bad ones that either do nothing or encourage unfun playstyles. (Territorial Imperative says hello)

And for the love of all that is unholy, buff Grim Embrace. It might be one of the most healthy perks in the game and it does practically nothing.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options
    Survivor perks are a mess, all of it needs to be changed.

It's a little of both.

There are some perks that are genuinely terrible and need buffs, such as Slippery Meat, This is Not Happening, Up the Ante, Visionary, ect.

But there also some perks that just need straight up nerfing, like Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, Circle of Healing, ect. all of which are so ridiculously overpowered that there is basically zero reason to not run them instead of any of the "average", more balanced perks.