The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When is the ban system going to work on console.

I was playing with three other survivors and the one survivor in the lobby were friends with the killer and they worked together through out the whole match killed the three of us then farmed off one another for points. I feel this deserves a ban however the ban system is not in effect so they get away with it

Best Answers

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Answer ✓

Soon™ as in it'll probably happen sometime in January since the patch came out so close to Christmas so after the new year it'll probably start happening.

Answers

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    Not soon enough. What I don't understand is why they don't work now. 
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    RWoodrow said:
    Sony and Microsoft is the issue, not bhvr. Also, Im Not that much into console games but is there any other game on console in which the devs can ban who they want to? I'm pretty sure that only Sony can ban people (that's my stand of knowledge from ps3)
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Last I heard, there was no ETA, but maybe @Peanits or @MandyTalk have an update.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    RWoodrow said:

Sony and Microsoft is the issue, not bhvr. Also, Im Not that much into console games but is there any other game on console in which the devs can ban who they want to? I'm pretty sure that only Sony can ban people (that's my stand of knowledge from ps3)

Blizzard bans people on xbox and ps4 all the time with overwatch.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    goat10em said:

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    RWoodrow said:

Blizzard bans people on xbox and ps4 all the time with overwatch.

Oh really? That's new to me. Is Blizzard the only game company who can do that? I assume they can do that cuz they are big and have money, like epic games having platform crossplay with fortnight 
  • RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    RWoodrow said:
    But therein is my confusion. If you read Sony's ToS you'll see that it's against their community guidelines to "use glitches to gain an unfair advantage". When you dig to find out how to report it, they say to report it to the developer via the in game report feature and not to Sony. It even links instructions on how to report for several games like Overwatch, several Call of Duty games, etc. It makes 0 sense to me. 

Maybe it has something to do with DbD not having dedicated servers? I don't know.
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@TheKillerNun said:
    I was playing with three other survivors and the one survivor in the lobby were friends with the killer and they worked together through out the whole match killed the three of us then farmed off one another for points. I feel this deserves a ban however the ban system is not in effect so they get away with it

how about open the report system and report them for farming I play xbox fam

• Taretsu
    Taretsu Member Posts: 46

lol, it doesn't even work on pc...

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Taretsu said:
    lol, it doesn't even work on pc...

The forum posts complaining about bans both here and on Steam would suggest the contrary is true and just because you don't get some congratulatory message doesn't mean bans aren't going out.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheKillerNun said:

I am pretty confident that there will be a bann system on console next decade

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Hi, been playing since February 2018. I’ve had so many people screw me over, i report them, and I still see the same people walking around a few months later.

If this “report documentation” is real, they’re going to have a lot to go through.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I think it'll happen when dedicated servers are introduced, which will be in summer 2019.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    Orion said:

Last I heard, there was no ETA, but maybe @Peanits or @MandyTalk have an update.

Still no ETA, but it is actively being worked on and we hope to have them out soon. It's not just a "hopefully one day if we have the time" sort of thing, it's actually happening.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Peanits said:
    Still no ETA, but it is actively being worked on and we hope to have them out soon. It's not just a "hopefully one day if we have the time" sort of thing, it's actually happening.

Thanks for letting us know.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536
    Peanits said:
    Orion said:

Last I heard, there was n9o ETA, but maybe @Peanits or @MandyTalk have an update.

Until it turns into a "console ban PASS", right?
  • TheKillerNun
    TheKillerNun Member Posts: 11

@TheKillerNun said:

how about open the report system and report them for farming I play xbox fam 

I do report them but what good does it do when you send them more information on the player and what they do and all you get back from them Is... oh were really sorry to hear about this bad experience you've had however there is no eta on when we will have our ban system spread acrossed all platforms. If you have a report about messages be sure to send them to the correct platform song or Microsoft depending on your console. Stay safe in the fog.

Not very encouraging. Just makes you want to quit the game.

• ParalyKoK
    ParalyKoK Member Posts: 60

You only get banned if your hacking or exploiting a glitch IF you can prove. The Bdevs dont care for the banning of players. Less players would be logging in. Do you know how many reports they get? If every player got reported for
    a glitch due to piss poor update
    a killer holding the game hostage
    the survivors just hiding in lockers and not doing a gen to screw with the killer.
    valid reasons to ban and yet no one gets banned
    why?
    because they clearly dont give a fk.
    Its rare to get players ban. Not saying it never happens because it does, players do get banned.
    just not all of the ######### players get banned for terrible #########.
    it comes with the territory.