Camping 2 survivors hooked next to each other. Justifiable or not?

Options

I know camping is a bit controversial and boring gameplay but there are situations that there are no reasons for the killer to leave the hook.

if you somehow manage to hook two survivors close to each other which is a situation that doesn't happen in every game, why would you leave them? there is literally no reason to do this. it's a completely killer-favorable situation that survivors shouldn't be in that position.

The argument that you can leave them to try to find the other survivors is totally invalid since half the team is incapacitated and from the killer's point of view it is much more difficult to find a survivor because it's a situation where the other survivors should mainly focus on rescuing the hooked ones as best they can and get around the situation.

Comments

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426
    Options

If you hook 2 survivors close togheter and then you move away, you're just a fool !

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

I mean, why would you need to justify that? If you had for example 2 basement hooks with 3 gens to go you can camp and guarantee the win. Should you do that? According to MMR - yes, you should. According to survivors - no, you shouldn't. According to yourself - that's your decision to make.

This is not against the rules. It's not exactly nice but it is effective. Do what you want as long as it's within the rules of this game.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

It would be dumb to leave the hooks, that's true.

And I'm dumb, so that's a perfect match ! =D

• Trollinmon
    Trollinmon Member Posts: 690
    Options

Play how you would want the other side to play when you are in the other role. If I was playing survivor and the killer is chasing someone and they go down next to hook I would blame the survivor for not leading the killer away. I would expect the killer to camp because that survivor gave a real good reason for them to. I would take them not doing that as them playing very nice.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

It depends what type of game you want. An SWF can break two close hooks pretty easily (presuming it's not in the basement), very difficult for soloQ to do it. There's a good chance the soloQ's see that you have the hooks camped and either

A) just sacrifice themselves so they can get to another game

B) go into hide mode

B can lead to you spending quite a bit of time trying to track the survivors down. A feels really anti-climatic.

Or you can leave the hooks and give them a chance, but then you also have a game to play.

• Warlord1981NL
    Warlord1981NL Member Posts: 262
    Options

Yes, completely justifiable. No question about it. It pretty much guarantees a win and if they mess up that badly then that is what you should do. It is your job as the killer.

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375
    Options

Survivor main so take it with salt but I find it annoying and cheap but hey nothing going to happen to you and it is an easy w.

I do hate that there are so many hooks and all damn close that you can pull stuff like that but hey them the breaks

So going back yeah it's not like you are going to get any official backlash but if you are looking for people to say good work camping yeah that's probably not going to happen hahah

• bunnyfengenthusiast
    bunnyfengenthusiast Member Posts: 471
    Options

Justifiable to who? If you have two survivors hooked next to each other, it's almost always the optimal play to camp them. I can't think of many scenarios where it isn't (unless you suspect Deliverance, or only one survivor is alive and you have an idea where he is, or some other niche situations you'll figure out with experience). If you want to win, then yes, camp. If you think you can win without camping, and want to give the survivors a chance to get BP/pips/experience, then leave and let them reset.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,979
    Options

It's the smart play. Don't let anyone tell you how you should play,because your opponents are going to want you to play in a way easier for them.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,255
    Options

yea if you have 2 people hooked next to each other if you wanna win you have no reason to leave. DBD has always had the problem where the best strat is the most boring strat sadly

• powerpuffCheryl
    powerpuffCheryl Member Posts: 39
    Options

As a Survivor main I'd actually encourage it tbh. Usually if you got 2 hooked survivors that's basically a game over anyway. Might as well let me know where you are so we can just get the L over with and move on.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Tactically it's smart. But if you get the impression the survs are weak and you won't struggle with the match? Let them get unhooked. You get more points for more separate hook actions versus letting survs progress on hook.

Sure it's unpleasant for the survivors if you do it. But that's really down to how you play and whether you care about the other players enjoyment.

Personally I'll only do it if I'm struggling late game and get that lucky.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,779
    Options

camping with two hooks perfectly acceptable even from a survivor standpoint. Camping 1 person early on will always be seen as scummy in the eyes of most survivors tho (and i can't blame them)

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436
    Options
  • Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436
    Options

By smart you mean easy right? Taking the easy route to wins is hardly my definition of smart or respectable.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,319
    Options

Why didnt the other two survivors unhook the first guy while you were carrying the second to the hook? This sounds like a massive misplay for the survivors and of course they should get punished for it.

• antag0nisticw0mble
    antag0nisticw0mble Member Posts: 106
    Options

There needs to be some kind of camp/tunnel penalty added for this sole purpose. Killers bring Putrid oak (Which counters 4 petrified oak btw before anyone mentions it). You get a bubba stood there revving his saw or you get one that doesn't bother with this and just takes Agitation + iron grasp and camps basement. Literally nothing you can do in that situation. I only see this kind of behaviour on one hit killers. Or the rare basement trapper.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

There should be some sort of genrush/bully squad penalty added if that gets added

• antag0nisticw0mble
    Options

Gen rush? Bully squad? lmfao. I'm sorry but until you're a survivor player you really can't comment on that. Most queues I get against as killer are randoms. When I queue as survivor I get randoms yes sometimes I go as a swf but are we sweating no. It's called a game because it's supposed to be fun. If you're gonna be one that resorts to face camping and can't pressure gens then you deserve to be bullied.

• antag0nisticw0mble
    Options

This I agree with, But in my experience since christmas event I've seen more camping and tunnelling going on than anything else and that's before there's even 2 gens done. Killers forget not everyone is a swf in VC sometimes 2 people end up going to hook because we're not all running bond to constantly see where our teammates are. It's a waste of a perk slot.