If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Killer or Survivor Main

Options
wydyadoit
wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,131

Do you primarily play killer, survivor, or both equally?

if you have more fun with one over the other but play both then vote for the one you enjoy more of

Killer or Survivor Main 89 votes

killer
30%
OnryosTapeRentalsBlueberrywydyadoitChordycepsGlamourousLeviathanEvoctoSpectralfxOctoCatFobboReginaldVonBartlesbyChikyFridayNightPizzaQuietusCBT137ShroudedGhostFaceWitchOfCraftsaneesBlinckxWextonsilverbullet0080 27 votes
survivor
20%
Gibberishsiyke26[Deleted User]WingerSenpaiMarioBrosMasterBrandon48YessyMystic_MizuGizmo1794Ollpro99toughluckman_IrlClownMainNightmarefanFunkadelicPeachYoli1422Wsmith25stonedchoo_BIG 18 votes
both
49%
EQWashuRStrifeDimekI_am_NeganIWasLrft2DieMrPenguinTaigaoxygenRobotfangirl67TatariuStrawbriCandy2610Marc_go_soloJocelynbeeViktor1256NOEDaddyGuiltiiThat_One_FriendAurelleEvilSerje 44 votes

Comments

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options
    both

I play more survivor because I've met quite a few friends through the game, so now any time I log on there's probably someone to catch up with and play a few survivor games together.

However, I enjoy killer a bit more.

• wydyadoit
    Options
    killer

i get that

i play killer primarily because i struggle to make friends through games. i don't like online relationships because they're honestly just not interesting to me. most of the people i used to play games with don't have time to spend grinding as they're working to feed their families. I have more free time because I didn't have children.

i enjoy both, but i prefer killer more. I play survivor to get a better understanding of what works against killers and to learn new strategies from various killer playstyles.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    both

I play more survivor because the games are a bit more chill and it's the role I started out with when I first started playing the game.

I play killer too and actually enjoy it a little more than survivor because of the different powers.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,116
    edited January 2023
    Options
    killer

I play both pretty equally but you said to pick the one you enjoy playing more so I picked killer. I like having more of the outcome determined by me rather than relying on teammates. I also enjoy it more because I can swap killers and it makes the game play more fresh whereas survivor is almost always the same loop.

• wydyadoit
    Options
    killer

and a very good reason to like killer. i completely agree. i wish there were more variations to winning than hatch/gate. it's one of the reasons i prefer killer as well. i can dictate if my match is going to be about gens, totems, or a 3rd objective (pig, plague, onryu, etc.)

but i'm a bit mixed on the opinion that survivors should be distinctly different. on one hand they could have been given a unique power trait like killers... but on the other hand... it's nice to not have to worry about who i play for other than cosmetic reasons.

• DreadRabbit
    DreadRabbit Member Posts: 10
    Options
    both

I started out with killer only for a few month but finally tried surv mostly cuz of the queue times at that time of day...so now I play both to pretty much the same amount and enjoy both, I am a better killer tho cuz as a surv I cant loop for shyte.

• wydyadoit
    Options
    killer

looping is about your build, hand eye coordination, and internet connection. you gotta have the ability to run while looking back without running into stuff

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options
    killer

Playing survivor is boring. I just hate it and do it only for the challenges.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,531
    Options
    both

I play and enjoy both a lot, it just depends what I'm feeling for the most part. Lately I've been feeling a Killer itch, so I've knocked out quite a bit of Killer rift challenges lately. Though If I'm feeling survivor (or friends want to play), then I'll spend some time trying (and yeah... usually failing lol) to survive.

• wydyadoit
    Options
    killer

Dredge is fun. Wish its addons were a bit more… interesting though. I think every killer should have a meme addon and dredge is no exception. Where’s the seizure causing rave music nightfall perk? Or john cena hillbilly sound effects?

• wydyadoit
    Options
    killer

I know it sounds crazy, but escaping as a survivor isn’t mandatory. It just pads points into your survival stat which is blood points and your unbroken emblem which will typically be silver or gold.

if you’re doing generators or winning chases for 3 minutes or so in a 5 minute match even if you die you still get a decent amount of blood points and ranking.

so it’s really about perspective when it comes to playing survivor. Though escaping sure does feel nice when you’re trying to not lose your purple medkit.

• wydyadoit
    Options
    killer

I agree. Choosing killer i get to set the stage. As a survivor i’m just a pawn in someone else’s game. Very rarely is that fun for me.

• wydyadoit
    edited February 2023
    Options
    killer

The sample size of this poll is too small to jump to that conclusion. It’s not like everyone on here has voted. 😵

edit

it’s also neither mandatory nor pinned.

• wydyadoit
    Options
  • 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options
    killer

i play both but am trash at survivor not bc of any reasons but i am not the best i have good builds i just am bad

• That_One_Friend
    That_One_Friend Member Posts: 273
    Options
    both

Both, I kinda just go where the BP bonus takes me. I used to main Doctor and Pig but now I'm more of Twins person. I do prefer doing survivor challenges first in Tomes, they're less stressful than 'hook 3 people in the basement. Do this in a single trial'

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options
    both

Pretty mood dependend. Sometimes i have a phase where i only wanna play killer and then only survivor. In average i would say i play round about 40% Killer 60% survivor but i would never call myself a "survivor main".

• WitchOfCraft
    WitchOfCraft Member Posts: 35
    Options
    killer

I play more killer because I like horror games I just don't like it when a Spirit hits me from behind after phase.

• wydyadoit
    Options
    killer

I may or may not have done that to some people recently 🧐

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 202
    Options
    both

I am kinda excited to see these changes and how the opponent(s) will overcome the new meta.

I want to test gen rush builds vs altruistic healing builds (Empathy yada yada being the team medic) vs my normal build (Overcome, Windows, Distortion, and Deja Vu w/ Medkit).

If i have fun with the team medic build, ill find a group and SWF. Parental Guidance, Empathy, Autodidact, etc. should be pretty strong for one survivor with a competent team.

On killer, im not too shaken up as i dont use the perks being Nerfed besides SH:PR. Ill just use deadlock instead nbd.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,779
    Options
    both

I'd arguably play more Killer, as I only play a decent amount of Survivor doing tomes or 1/week playing with friends on the weekend. Plus soloq is unbelievably frustrating when you can do nothing about other people's actions. I can't stop the teammate from rescuing me at 61s, or feeding the Myers/Oni/Plague their power. I can't stop someone from throwing a pallet, or booning so I can't cleanse or cleansing so I can't boon. As Killer I know everything lies upon my shoulders, good and bad. I have enough confidence in my abilities to win, as I'm not reliant on someone else screwing up (as they most often do in soloq). It feels so much better knowing you lost because you screwed up, instead of someone else that is supposed to be helping you. As of late I typically follow the incentive, and I would be far happier if I only queued as Killer. Most importantly though, you need to play as both sides to understand how to counter both sides. Most mains don't have that information, and can only guess. I tend to ignore main's opinions for that very reason, or at least take it with a grain of salt.

• WitchOfCraft
    Options
    killer

Please don't get into my games again. I get jumpscared easily.

• wydyadoit
    Options
    killer

become a streamer. viewers eat that stuff up like candy.

• WitchOfCraft
    Options
    killer

I don't like showing my face and I wouldn't talk because I wouldn't know how I would insert my voice. I also play on Xbox so I can stream it I just don't know I would talk on it.

• wydyadoit
    Options
    killer

i just recently got approved for affiliate. so i get what you mean by not knowing what to say and not wanting to be on camera. that's why some people rig up a v-tuber setup. then they just roleplay the character they want to be.