We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Why doesn't David just destroy Amanda?

Options
bevdog67
bevdog67 Member Posts: 57

Title. I'm pretty sure David could take Amanda, even though she has a knife. Why doesn't he do his? Has he tried before and been punished by the entity somehow?

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,149
    Options

@VolantConch1719 said:
    David doesn't exactly have a weapon anymore. None of the Survivors do, which is why they cannot fight the killers. Also, and this is just a guess, but I believe the Entity has strengthened the Killers, hence why Killers like Amanda are able to carry Survivors around, break pallets, and damage generators.

You mean David King, not Tapp, don't you?
    The answer is still the same, I just forgot the fact that there are two Davids, since Tapp comes from Amanda's world as well I thought you were talking about him, but King is strong looking.

• JustQuestOz
    JustQuestOz Member Posts: 13
    Options

I think she mean Tapp as Amanda and Tapp are from the same universe

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    The Killers are immortal and are unable to be damaged, but they can still feel pain.
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

@VolantConch1719 said:

@VolantConch1719 said:
    David doesn't exactly have a weapon anymore. None of the Survivors do, which is why they cannot fight the killers. Also, and this is just a guess, but I believe the Entity has strengthened the Killers, hence why Killers like Amanda are able to carry Survivors around, break pallets, and damage generators.

You mean David King, not Tapp, don't you?
    The answer is still the same, I just forgot the fact that there are two Davids, since Tapp comes from Amanda's world as well I thought you were talking about him, but King is strong looking.

Yea some people would just say Detective Tapp instead of David Tapp just so they don't confuse the two. Have no problem with it tbh.

But to answer the question, i am pretty sure that Tapp probably tried to fight Amanda once he saw her. But once she simply tossed him aside like he was nothing. He knew that there was something more to this than meets the eye. Not only that, but you have to remember that Tapp in his late 50's and remember in his lore that he could easily win a fight in his younger days. But considering he was so old he lost the fight to Zep Hindle, which is what led to him being shot.

• bevdog67
    bevdog67 Member Posts: 57
    Options

@VolantConch1719 said:

This makes the most sence to me. SAW III SPOILER I remember the scene from Saw III where Eric Matthews fights Amanda in the tunnels outside of the bathroom. Even though he has a mangled foot, he still almost takes Amanda down. In this universe, David King was a rugby player, so he is way more jacked than Eric ever was. If David can't take her down, then there is probably some Entitiy medling going on there. Lol, I always thought it was funny that Amanda, such a tiny little girl, could destroy solid chunks of wood and lift full grown men on her shoulder.

• SqrunkTrep
    SqrunkTrep Member Posts: 30
    Options

When David is ready to do first attack with his fist Entity buffs Amanda and recreates this video
    https://youtu.be/0MW0mDZysxc

• Doccy
    Doccy Member Posts: 103
    Options

He can't because the Entity makes the Killers utterly unstoppable. You can't fight back against a Killer that the Entity has sicced on you because the Entity won't let you.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    Introducing Resident Evil dlc .new survivor - Chris Redfield.  New Item - Red9 handgun. Perk - Close call (melee attack killer to stun for 3/4/5 seconds) . Heavy Dive (Dive through a window really freaking fast but stumble a little afterwards, balanced landing reduces stagger penalty). Dangerous to go alone - haste +5 for all survivors within 8/12/16 meters.  New killer - nemesis (i think thats its name?!?) power - jumping lunge attack.  Perks - It knows! - stationary (4 seconds+) survivors auras are revealed within a 8/10/12 meter radius. 
    Watch and die - for each second the obsession looks into the eyes of the killer a stack is gained,  -2 haste for every other survivor (not the obsession) max stack 3/4/5 ( haste penalty lasts 1 minute.
    Hex - Dying wish - Once the first gen is complete a dull totem ignites and killer charge time of power is reduced (tinkerer but as a hex)  started off joking around but came up with something which sounds ok😃.