We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Headcanons that were debunked by lore, but you still find interesting anyways

Options
Wylrin
Wylrin Member Posts: 98

I was wondering if anyone else out there had headcanons or theories about certain Dead by Daylight characters that turned out to be incorrect by updated lore.

I started playing Dead by Daylight when there were only three killers - the Trapper, the Hillbilly, and the Wraith. Just looking at the Wraith back then, I speculated at the time that maybe Philip had suffered an injury (perhaps a car accident, given his realm of Autohaven Wreckers) that paralyzed him from the waist down.

Because Philip's got some seriously skinny legs. Now I don't get out a lot and my interactions with other human beings is practically nonexistent, but I'd like to think I know what human anatomy is generally like. Maybe there are people out there whose upper arms are meatier than their legs and I just haven't seen them. But my immediate thought just seeing the guy was that he had been wheelchair-bound in life, which would explain why his legs were so thin while his arms were far more beefy in comparison.

I then read up on his lore (which, back then, amounted to the few paragraphs that touched on his work at Autohaven and how he snapped.) It was pretty evident that Philip hadn't been physically impaired in the way I had thought. I mean, I guess technically a wheelchair-bound man has the capability to throw another human being into a car crusher, but it's obviously nowhere near as likely as a man having full physical capabilities doing so.

So the headcanon was debunked pretty much from the get-go, though it does make me wonder why the Wraith looks the way he does. (Assuming he does have abnormal proportions and I'm not just so disconnected from human society that I've forgotten what people look like.) The Entity obviously contorts and molds its killers into whatever shape or form it sees fit, but why make changes that are subtle compared to the obvious metal protrusions of the Trapper and the tree bark thing the Wraith himself also has going?

I obviously understand subtle tweaks having their place, hints at something rather than blatant exposition of a killer's character through obvious mutations. But why this change in particular? What is it supposed to hint at, if anything? And if it's to provide an advantage or disadvantage to the Wraith in the Trials, then what would that even be?

I still wonder about Mr. Ojomo to this day, but this isn't just for Wraith discussion.

What theories did you guys have about killers or survivors that were ultimately disproven by lore, but you still think it's neat to wonder about and speculate? I'd be very interested in hearing! :3

Comments