If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Thought on killers who camp?

Options

Right, touchy subject i know but i just wanted to know everyones thought's on killers who stay by the hook when a survivor is hooked.

To be honest when I'm a survivor i don't particularly mind to much as it allows the other 3 survivors to get the gens on, (Suck's when i am the one on the hook mind you), but does it really benefit the killer if he hook camps?

Comments

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Options
    It's frustrating and at the time, I will swear at him out loud but it's whatever. I dont send hate, or any of that their way. They gotta do what they gotta do. But it's worse imo when survivors don't abandon me on hook when they see the killer camping/patrolling as it rewards the killer for a choice which should be detrimental.

There are only a few circumstances where camping is beneficial, and that's when survivors can't accept when to leave a hook and do gens. 
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    You realize impersonating a member of BHVR is probably against some kind of rule right?
  • DeadlyCreature
    DeadlyCreature Member Posts: 1
    Options

Kindred is your friend.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    You realize impersonating a member of BHVR is probably against some kind of rule right?

This and as a killer I refuse to camp but at the same time it's a valid strategy especially when you get a bunch of boobs that take the bait. The Hillbilly, Leatherface, the Hag and most Wraiths do it. If I know the killer I'm going to do gens, especially if I see them camping the hook or close to it.

If you're a survivor and you see obvious camping screw the killer over and rush gens together so you can get 1-3 done before that 1st survivor dies. If your the survivor and you're getting camped don't try and get off the hook and don't rage quit. The killer is going to get the sacrifice points either way and if he camps you non stop yet still lets 3 escape you basically won.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,152
    Options

There are only two Killers that I feel have an excuse to camp. Leatherface (His ability is basically a command to camp) and Hag (Without add-ons, her ability is useless unless you camp near her traps). I'm saying this as a Killer main, camping takes the fun out of the game, and isn't very logical as it gives other Survivors so much time to work on Generators. What I do is I look around the immediate area, then I start walking around the Generators looking for Survivors. I honestly feel bad when I chasing another Survivor right next to a hooked Survivor because I don't feel like I'm giving them a chance.

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Options

Ah, Camping. A useful strategy to be sure.

I feel that as a killer, there is a healthy balance with using it. Sometimes I will deliberately just let the person get unhooked, wait a moment, and then go see if they ran towards any friends for healing.

As a survivor, it is saddening to be just hanging there, being watched....but at least other survivors aren't being chased. It's when the "team" is all over the place, not really doing anything that gets my goat. No point in leaving though....don't want to throw the game.

• robin
    robin Member Posts: 149
    Options

Honestly it used to bug me but when I became a killer main, I understand the killer's agony and when I play survivor and get tunneled or camped I can't really blame them anymore. I personally try my best to resist camping and tunneling, but every now and then a situation calls for it.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    edited June 2018
    Options
    As long as it's meaningful who cares? Like I totally understand that it's a thing they gotta do. The only time it ever really bugs me is when it's clearly just to grief you, like one game where I got caught in the first 30 seconds of the fame running no mither and got face camped to death.
  • Asylum_BHVR
    Asylum_BHVR Member Posts: 11
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

Not a member just love the game :)

• Asylum_BHVR
    Options

@ceridwen309 said:

I feel that as a killer, there is a healthy balance with using it. Sometimes I will deliberately just let the person get unhooked, wait a moment, and then go see if they ran towards any friends for healing.

As a survivor, it is saddening to be just hanging there, being watched....but at least other survivors aren't being chased. It's when the "team" is all over the place, not really doing anything that gets my goat. No point in leaving though....don't want to throw the game.

I''ve let them off the hook before then waited 20-30 seconds and went to find someone again, problem is i always run into the one that was hooked and then get loads of messages about tunneling deliberately.

• Asylum_BHVR
    edited June 2018
    Options

@robin said:
    Honestly it used to bug me but when I became a killer main, I understand the killer's agony and when I play survivor and get tunneled or camped I can't really blame them anymore. I personally try my best to resist camping and tunneling, but every now and then a situation calls for it.

tunneling is a funny subject for me, 9/10 in these kind of situations the killer is obviously going to go for the weaker survivor, its just common sense. the abuse i have took over going for that survivor thats one hook away from death is ridiculous. to quote a message i received yesterday from a survivor (" why did you kill me? the other guy was at the exit gates just standing there and you were chasing me an injured survivor around the map till you killed me, I'm reporting you for camping me..... ") the exit goes were open and the other survivor was in full health :)

• Dibs
    Dibs Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2018
    Options

The only thing wrong with camping (apart from it being boring, and a weak strategy, most of the time), is survivors.

1) It's your fault as a survivor if you all hang around the hook, wasting generator time.

2) If you kil yourself on hook, you are punishing your team and rewarding the killer.

Both of these behaviours reward the killer. One should punish the killer, and finish gens quickly, and get to the next game.

The killer is a killer, they kill stuff. Punish the lazy killer, don't reward them.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Asylum_BHVR said:
    Right, touchy subject i know but i just wanted to know everyones thought's on killers who stay by the hook when a survivor is hooked.

To be honest when I'm a survivor i don't particularly mind to much as it allows the other 3 survivors to get the gens on, (Suck's when i am the one on the hook mind you), but does it really benefit the killer if he hook camps?

From the survivor side, sure its annoying but you still can be saved unless its a chainsaw killer

From the killer side it is quite boring if you do it every time.
    But if someone loops me into oblivion while the gens pop like crazy, then I will make sure that the loopers doesnt get a 2nd chance, camping in such a situation is quite relaxing after such a long frustrating chase, stretch a bit, get some water etc :wink:

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    camping is legit.
  • ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Options

@Asylum_BHVR said:

@ceridwen309 said:

I''ve let them off the hook before then waited 20-30 seconds and went to find someone again, problem is i always run into the one that was hooked and then get loads of messages about tunneling deliberately.

I too know this problem. 9/10 times, the survivor that got unhooked will run in an obvious straight trail, or hide way to close to the hook and then freak out when I get near. (I almost want to tell them to try Iron will, but they already have a lot on their mind.)

The other dude that did the saving either has been long gone, or they hid a bit further away.

• Rat_Watson
    Rat_Watson Member Posts: 28
    Options

Camping used to really get me salty, but now I really don't mind it. If there are experienced survivors on your team, they'll most likely gen-rush the killer, to punish them.
    It only makes me mad to know that some of the survivors aren't being productive in the time that they're given to do some objectives.

• coldpyr0
    coldpyr0 Member Posts: 14
    Options

@Asylum_BHVR said:

Guess what, you survivors get window infinite's on practically every map. So suck it up butter cup and you are probably getting camped because of some BS you or your friends pulled that pisses off killers. Cause I camp window loopers, doesn't matter if I'm going to de-pip. You aren't getting out alive.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    i camp survivors because my stream wants to see them rage in the lobby afterwards. 
  • deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

my thoughts are as follows - i think that man bought the game and i think that man can play anyway he wants. i play survivor occasionally. i get camped. and i see 2 or 3 gens go up while i stare at the ugly bastard.... and since i'm not really good at surviving anyway, i'm far more useful on a hook babysitting a tryhard killer.... :D

• coldpyr0
    coldpyr0 Member Posts: 14
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    my thoughts are as follows - i think that man bought the game and i think that man can play anyway he wants. i play survivor occasionally. i get camped. and i see 2 or 3 gens go up while i stare at the ugly bastard.... and since i'm not really good at surviving anyway, i'm far more useful on a hook babysitting a tryhard killer.... :D

That's how I usually end up as well.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

@coldpyr0 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

That's how I usually end up as well.

honestly, i LOVE it. i'm trash as a survivor.... BUT if i get camped, nobody knows how bad i am. ppl message me to tell me 'i wish i coulda saved you' or 'gg. sorry you got camped'.... overall, being a camped survivor is a much more pleasant experience because nobody knows how bad you are.... :D

• Damaho
    Damaho Member Posts: 44
    Options

Just let the killer camp, it's a valid and obvious strategy which has a surprisingly easy counter to it: Just do gens. Only the hardcore campers that enjoy camping for campings sake will continue to camp when camping results in an "Entity displeased" screen and a lost pip. The only problem why this will never happen is that survivors are plainly too stupid to get it.
    Just today I had a game where a hag camped someone. You would think that after you got hit and she lets you run away because she wants to protect the hook, you would simply go away and do gens. But this would be intelligent, so of course the other two survivors wouldn't do that. They'd rather drop everything they were doing and try to get the unhook, which resulted in of course 3 dead survivors, one gen to do and an easy hatch escape for me.
    Now tell me: Why shouldn't the hag camp next time as well? Apparently camping results in gens not progressing which is something you want as killer. So yeah, good job enforcing that behaviour. The same can be said for survivors that kill themselves on the hook when they get camped. If survivors really hated camping that much they wouldn't always reward camping but apparently survivors like camping killers. Why else would they give them an easy win?

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    Options
    Damaho said:

Just let the killer camp, it's a valid and obvious strategy which has a surprisingly easy counter to it: Just do gens. Only the hardcore campers that enjoy camping for campings sake will continue to camp when camping results in an "Entity displeased" screen and a lost pip. The only problem why this will never happen is that survivors are plainly too stupid to get it.
    Just today I had a game where a hag camped someone. You would think that after you got hit and she lets you run away because she wants to protect the hook, you would simply go away and do gens. But this would be intelligent, so of course the other two survivors wouldn't do that. They'd rather drop everything they were doing and try to get the unhook, which resulted in of course 3 dead survivors, one gen to do and an easy hatch escape for me.
    Now tell me: Why shouldn't the hag camp next time as well? Apparently camping results in gens not progressing which is something you want as killer. So yeah, good job enforcing that behaviour. The same can be said for survivors that kill themselves on the hook when they get camped. If survivors really hated camping that much they wouldn't always reward camping but apparently survivors like camping killers. Why else would they give them an easy win?

Amen. My least favorite thing in this game is watching survivors watch the camping killer. 
  • Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136
    Options

camping is stupid, they miss out on blood points and they often de pip. shrugs let them learn the hard way, good killers don't camp, anybody who knows the value on blood points wouldn't camp. It's usually newbies who think they can win by camping or just bad killers who get outplayed and salty so when they finally get a hook they don't want to let it go.

• RagingRealm
    RagingRealm Member Posts: 70
    Options

I mean as unfun as it can be for the person on the hook, the killer is simply putting themselves at a disadvantage. That is, unless the other three survivors decide to act stupidly and attempt a save. I say for this reason it's completely legit.

• NeoVid
    NeoVid Member Posts: 37
    Options

It's a strategy. It's only a decent strategy if the survivors are incompetent, and if they're good, it's a game-loser, since it's countered by completing objectives.

I had a recent game where I'd given up since the survivors only needed one more gen, and BBQ had shown me that the other three were on the far side of the map, pretty much guaranteed to escape. So I waited around near the basement on the off chance one of them would go for a rescue and give me another kill. Then I saw scratch marks leading into the basement, went over there... and three survivors ran straight into Leatherface's chainsaw. The one guy who'd done the sensible thing and kept working on the last gen couldn't complete it solo before I got to him.

After the match, I was tempted to ask why the hell they went for the rescue, but just said "GG" instead. And got the reply, "You basement camped, so it wasn't."

Well, their decision to enter Bubba's Basement turned it into a pretty good game for me, at least...

• allychaan
    allychaan Member Posts: 14
    Options

It feels ######### and usually in lower ranks survs just sit by the hook and don't do gens.

The most frustrating thing about camping is when you get caught in the beginning of the match and get camped on your first hook. I understand camping for BM'ing or securing a kill at the end of the match.

It's a legit strat, but it's definitely not the most valuable one.

• Asylum_BHVR
    Options

@coldpyr0 said:

@Asylum_BHVR said:

Guess what, you survivors get window infinite's on practically every map. So suck it up butter cup and you are probably getting camped because of some BS you or your friends pulled that pisses off killers. Cause I camp window loopers, doesn't matter if I'm going to de-pip. You aren't getting out alive.

same with me... loopers grind my gears as there is absolutely no skill involved at all.

• Asylum_BHVR
    Options

this is the video i refer salty survivors to lol