Eruption is overnerfed - perk variety continues to decrease

Options
OrangeBear
OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,141
edited February 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Firstly the experience when opposing eruption as a solo survivor vs a survivor in swf is still the same. Solo survivors practically cannot avoid the effect and swf can avoid the effect through voice comms. You acknowledged this and your response was basically just to reduce the punishment so solo survivors are less effected... this is poor in my opinion solo survivors shouldn't be punished over swf whatsoever.

Secondly the aura reveal effect is not appealing enough when you consider multiple factors. The biggest one is distortion. This perk has been getting a lot of power creep with each new aura item that gets added and with it's recharge buff in 6.1.0. In fact using eruption against a distortion user puts you at a disadvantage as it gives the survivor a 10 second scratch mark free window to run away. That makes me not want to run this perk. Secondly aura perk that triggers on survivors that are repairing generators are hard to spot. Gearhead proves that.

I also think the gen regression nerf is too much. Hitting eruption on a 50% generator only gets you 4.5 seconds. That is just sad. The maximum potential of this perk was one of the best but now it might be one of the lowest when it comes to gen regression perks.

Eruption was underwhelming, then it was overwhelming, and now it's worse than it's original version. The same thing happened with the Thanataphobia change in 6.1.2. This pattern of perk balancing when it comes to top perks is not healthy as it just causes perks to rise to the top to be kicked to the bottom again, and so the pile of weak perks gets even larger.

I agree that eruption was too strong but this nerf is too harsh and will lead to less perk variety, and it was originally changed to increase perk variety.

Thank you for reading.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,141
    Options

Sorry mods, i accidently put this in the wrong category, please would you move it to Feedback and Suggestions?

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,871
    Options

Yeah I was surprised this was in offtopic I just came looking for non dbd related topics lol.

Regarding eruption you already know that I just wanted inc gone. Not being able to do anything (almost) for 25secs is a bad design in a game where we are already incapacitated on floors and hooks/cages. It's just afk simulator.