Isn't it strange that we received 4 gen speed perks every chapter this year?

Options

Haddie: Overzealous

Rebecca: Hyperfocus

Vittorio: Quick Gambit

Thalita : friendly competition

l know that some on them are bad by itself but why BHVR keep doing It? if you don't want people to be repairing the gens all day just revert the time change in the generators but of course this will bring many problems again.

Some people still complain that generators are still too fast but BHVR keep releasing gen speed perks. I will never understand....

Comments

• NODD3RS
    NODD3RS Member Posts: 130
    Options

Hyperfocus has a 1.88 pick rate lol and alll the other perks are terrible

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145
    Options

The problem with Overzealous is the part where the killer can see your aura as soon as you gain the speed boost.

Or at least, that's how it feels to use it on my Clairvoyance / Inner Healing / Overzealous / Small Game build.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

So much for "a wide verity of builds"

Jokes aside Each one of those carry a risk.... which is why they are seen as not good either that or require a build centered around it

Also a Survivor has to be good at hitting greats... which a lot of us aren't

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

I’m bored of Gen speed up perks give us something unique again that is worth using

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

Friendly Competition: Whenever you finish Repairing a Generator with at least one other Survivor, this Perk activates. You and other Survivors who finished Repairing the Generator with you get 5% increased Repair progress speed for 45/60/75 seconds. Survivors can only have one instance of this Perk's ability active at once.

How is this Deja Vu?

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

It's worse.

Deja vu gives you 5% boost for free, this perk asks you to team up on a gen to activate it for 75 seconds.

If i want to team up on gens, use prove, its a 15% boost all the time. What a sad perk

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    Options

Hyperfocus is the only one of these 4 that’s actually good and it’s overpowered when combined with Stakeout (it’s fine by itself though).

The other 3, including the new perk, are all bad.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Hyperfocus on paper is balanced, 24% higher skillcheck chance and greats give up to 2.8% progress.

Issue is Toolboxes boosting skillcheck chances and the perk works with Toolboxes.

Autodidact is another token perk but it doesn't work with Medkits.

Stakeout is fine since it needs to be charged and BHVR never nerfs two wholely different perks because a new one is working great with them.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    Options

Eh. With toolboxes at least you still need to actually hit the great skill checks on your own. Hyperfocus is supposed to reward skill at great skill checks. Toolboxes make skill checks more frequent, but they don't take away the skill aspect of Hyperfocus. Stakeout does. I wouldn't necessarily complain if its toolbox synergy was removed, but I think the problem with toolboxes lies more in the strongest toolboxes themselves (and the BNP addon), although weaker toolboxes are not really an issue.

Anyways, the fix is simple, just make Stakeout grant 2% bonus progress on a good skill check (similar to how Autodidact grants bonus progress on good skill checks) while having at least 1 token, rather than converting it to a great skill check. Now Hyperfocus actually has to be earned since the two perks would no longer work together, and Stakeout when used on its own is not actually nerfed at all because it still essentially does the same thing by itself, just in a slightly different way.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

"Stakeout is fine since it needs to be charged and BHVR never nerfs two wholely different perks because a new one is working great with them."

You sure want them to nerf Tapp´s only money making perk instead of something that´s available for free?

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Well, killers complain about exhaustion perks so they can’t release those. Killers complain about boon perks so they can’t release those. Killers complain about healing perks so they can’t release those. Killers complain about aura-reading perks so they can’t release those. What else can survivors have? Lmao.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,255
    Options

and with the exception of hyper focus they're all awful

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 219
    Options

With boons all of them aside from Circle of Healing aren’t very good, I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a boon without it aside from adept challenges, same with exhaustion perks, Dead Hard is really the only one killers complain about and I don’t think aura reading perks are complained about that much?

But really the issue is if generator slowdown perks get nerfed while speed increase perks keep coming out then killers will increasingly tunnel out the first survivor hooked as a way to slow down the game.