Will you be buying tools of torment chapter?

Options

Comments

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

Honest probably not the design dosent fit the killer and the power isint useful

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Hard pass. Even if I did buy it, the killer would just join nurse and huntress as killers I will never use.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

No. I will not buy the weakest killer in the game.

I wont see the killer either, basic attack killers arent good, scary or viable at my level so.... 3chapters this year for me instead of 4

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    Options

Why in the name of all that is holy would i want to buy a chapter with two survivors i don't care about and a killer who looks like Rule 63 Crypto and plays like a worse and more boring Knight?

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,200
    Options

Probably the killer because even if she is bad I have all other killers and I want to have them all. Survivors I might buy one or wait until anniversary when everything is on sale.

• James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266
    Options

Absolutely nothing about this chapter interests me. I already uninstalled and the pile of manure currently in PTB is only justifying that choice.

• Erenior
    Erenior Member Posts: 88
    Options

nope wont give bhvr any money until the main issues are fixed.

• False_Hydra
    False_Hydra Member Posts: 47
    Options

Pass.

I might spend shards on the characters purely for their perks, but that's it. I'm certainly not paying real money for that.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    Options

Most likely. I've let the last 24 hours soak in and marinate and have some first thoughts and come to not hate them like everyone else.

Merchant while I agree with most she could use major buffs or changes and she's not the best. Kind've a bad backstory tbh but I like the idea of her. I like her more than Knight, I think he's extremely boring, moreso than she is. I'm not in no rush to buy Knight whatsoever which is how a lot of people feel about Merchant. I'd play her over him any day. I wish she had more to do with her teaser aka involving skulls but I like technological things, drone things so I like the aesthetic. I like how she doesn't come with a tragic backstory and is just is deranged, however, I could think of much better backstories to represent her psychopathy rather than what's there currently. Visually, I dislike her walk animation. Hugely. In game, it feels so stiff. It'd been cooler if she looked more mechanical with whirring sounds to her which is only one place where I think people are having issues with her, she might've been more well reciprocated if her appearance was less Apex, more mechanical horror. Overall though, I'd play her. I can already see some ways to play her I'm eager to try out. Never gonna use her mori though because admittedly, that does suck. It's so bad. I hope the devs come up with a new mori before release. Likely? No. Wishful thinking? Yes.

I like Thalita. Renalto is okay but Thalita is such a cutie. All the perks including Merchants are whatever honestly, I don't see a star player on any of them.

The only thing I might struggle with depending on if its timed is the buttons when getting the claw traps off. I'm dyslexic so I hope it won't screw me over. I can't play the PTB so I can't see for myself how it operates.

I may have a different opinion a month or so after release but we'll see. I don't think I'd play her more than Spirit, Demo, Wesker or Sadako but I don't hate her guts.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,498
    Options

Sure, so that when my grandkids ask me if I played Fortnite back in the day I can honesty say, yes, I played a Fortnite character in a game.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,571
    Options

She's literally just a worse Knight.

Knight CAN do anti-loop. She really can't, ALL she can do is play 3-gens.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

With my real hard earned money? No.

With iname currency? Yes.

• Dbdfan398
    Dbdfan398 Member Posts: 184
    edited February 2023
    Options

I might only cause I have 100% achievements.

Really considering not tho. I have 230k iri shards, dont think ill even use them on her.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

Haddie's hair rework is genuinely the most exciting thing for me in this chapter.

I might buy Thalita with shards later though.

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 85
    Options

I most certainly will buy the chapter and nearly every cosmetic she gets. im probly that one guy that loves her design and i really hope all the negativity doesn't force them to get rid of her. people can get used to her like trickster, and her powers and perks can be worked on. I finally get a sexy female killer and everyone just craps all over it so i hope they don't shy away from keeping her sexy. plenty of room for more scary killers later on especially with the next one being an anniversary licence

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Bad perks, bad power, I won't buy a chapter just because I like the visual of the killer.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,219
    Options

I always buy original chapters with shards. I'll get the killer, but the survivors I'm waiting a long, long time before I buy, unless one of their perks turn out to be fun to use.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,906
    edited February 2023
    Options

I need to have a closer look at their perks in action before deciding. Perks are what determine whether I buy or not.

• ProGamerMD
    ProGamerMD Member Posts: 26
    Options

Worst chapter since I've been playing. Weak as hell.

• Percival_nxs
    Percival_nxs Member Posts: 189
    Options

me too, or just take them for the perks, but no, I will not use the new killer, she is pretty boring, the power looks like something you've already seen.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,334
    Options

Yeah, I'm gonna buy it. I really like the new killer even if she is a bit weak.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,613
    Options

Only if her skins are good.

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366
    edited February 2023
    Options

Honestly everyone is comparing her to Predator but I never got into that series so my initial gut reaction is that those maniacs in BHVR wouldn’t let me have Old Freddy but recreated a version of him. I mean, weak power with easy survivor interaction to nullify it. 10 second set ups, just like waiting to put people to sleep. Sprinkled in a mediocre stealth mechanic and the most basic ass back stab Mori.

I’m buying this Killer for the nostalgia. I’ll also buy any Freddy Sweater look alikes they try to slip in lol. On a more serious note, I really hope we get a scary outfit. She might as well be a super model on the Halloween cover pretending that she looks intimidating. Pathetic.

• MasonOliver123
    MasonOliver123 Member Posts: 255
    Options

No, this (so far) is the worst killer we've ever seen on the PTB (including pre game Ghost Face)

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,275
    Options

I have 75k shards right now so yes

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

probably will get the survivors only with iri shards

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options
  • HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Yesss, so sick of these types of killers as well. I want another killer that I get bullied with until I learn how use the power.

• Brandon48
    Brandon48 Member Posts: 136
    Options

I’m not spending real money on this chapter. Will avoid even using in game currency as best as I can.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,730
    Options

I dont see what I should not but it.

• Cryptikk
    Cryptikk Member Posts: 407
    Options

I don't know... I think she is kinda fun, and definite unique, but I really don't wanna buy another killer that will feel like more of a chore of play, especially after I bought the knight. Maybe if BHVR make some nice changes to her, but right now, She's too weak, and while I like her design, that yassified halkf gas mask is not doing it for me either.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

I have every single character in the game and I can't believe I'm saying this but I will not buy this chapter. Maybe I'll buy the killer with shards eventually for her perks but I don't want to play her. At all.

Then again I could spend my shards on another Hillbillly cosmetic I'll never use. Tough choice, honestly.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,167
    edited February 2023
    Options

I will buy it ( with shards ) since im a person that wants to own every character, but i wont touch the killer nor the survivors more than level them to P3.

Sorry not my thing behaviour.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,125
    edited February 2023
    Options

As a recovering Degenerate, yes I will be buying it. With AC of course.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Garbage chapter, won't be buying.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

Because its available with shards I will. I would never spend real money on it.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I'll use shards eventually on the survivors when I need to use their perks for a challenge or when I feel like getting their Adept achievements done. Killer will need a shard sale like they had during the 6th anniversary for me to pick her up.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

I will... but not as soon as possible

I have other Killers and Survivors to get before that

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

be the first chapter I'm going to past on that's saying something.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,197
    Options

Maybe with Iri. The only chapters I've bought have been RE ones.

• SpaghettiVase
    SpaghettiVase Member Posts: 341
    Options

Nope, not gonna do it. I'll probably buy the survivors with shards cuz frankly blood rush looks like it might be nasty in the coming meta, but the killer is a big pile of BORING.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,094
    Options

I usually buy everyone but she might be through shards. There a first time for everything i guess.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

This is crazy it's like a 96% no buy with

And like a 4% buy with cells

Sry bhvr but you get what you put into your work

about 4% effort in this chapter so about 4% pay off

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

I dont buy originals, i use my shards.