Several design issue with SM

Options

1, Gives too much information to survivors

2, Extremely add-on dependant, the base kit is very barebones

3, Overall subpar tracking despite she supposed to be good at it

4, Lacks lethality, lacks slowdown, lacks mobility, lacks anti-loop, if being generous she only has information (with add-ons)

How to fix:

She should have a much stronger base kit, especially when comes to aura reading, it should be base instead of purple, also the radius should be several times larger.

Another important thing to give some sort of slowdown, claw traps should give INCAPACITATED status effect, even the drones because at least that would give her some slowdown.

Right now:

m1 killer

Lethality/Anti loop 1/5 after 10 seconds exposed in drone radius however against m1 isnt big deal can still buy lot of time

Mobility 1/5 at least she has normal speed

Tracking, information 3/5 mediocre without add-ons

Slowdown 1/5 she has almost none, drones can be disabled very easily and the claw traps can even be ignored by survivors

So if her base isnt improved she will be just a trapper, which is F tier. At least give her a niche , because the poor thing mediocre even in the thing where she supposed to be very good.

Must be buffed, nothing to figure about her, she is extremely weak

Comments

• Riski
    Riski Member Posts: 208
    Options

If claw traps provide incap there need to be a different way to remove them. Twins and Cenobite get away with incap because the survivors needs to strategically make a choice about performing an interaction to get rid of it, meanwhile with the batteries in claw trap being a timer means it'll suffer the same issue as eruption''s incap of not being fun because your only options is just to wait the incap out. I'm also cautious of aura reading base as base kit killer information is almost always killer instinct or screams. Screaming wouldn't make sense or do anything practical and killer instinct upon entering would mean they're several sources of killer instinct which could be confusing, especially if one corelates to exposed and one doesn't.

I agree she needs more strength but I feel like adding more onto her information and stealth could be good instead of anti-loop. Having her undetectable activate sooner when entering an active drone and lasting longer when leaving, maybe dependent on how long she was in there, allows her to be more unpredictable and helps her feel like an assassin. Currently the undetectable feels clunky and slow outside a minor chase benefit. I feel like increasing the battery life of the claw traps would be good for tracking and although I can understand the reasoning, I don't think drones should destroy themselves near hooks. The benefit of having a drone near a hook doesn't make since as they can be disarmed easily and it makes setting them up for later impractical when they're removed for free. I do understand that using the claw traps as tracking can be difficult but having that be a skill to be learnt I think is fine.

The main chase change I'd like to see would be increasing the duration of the exposed, maybe 45 seconds, although this is secondary to the other changes in her kit. A killer with weak antiloop can work but the current parts of her kit are lacking a bit too much to make it work.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995
    Options

While stealth could be an option, I don't think it would be particularly good compared to even Wraith or Ghostface kit, also another problem is that most of the loops can't even mind gamed , the game is very hostile towards the stealth playstyle. My main idea is slowdown+ information, or could go towards better anti-loop + information.

Regardless the 45 seconds exposed is must, 30 seconds is nothing, and the survivor already has 10 seconds to leave the loop without any conquesence.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

She doesn't have lethality (chase power) because she is not supposed to be chase killer. She is area denier.

The problem is that she is not even good at her one thing she is supposed to be good at. They need to make being in active zone more dangerous, including injured Survivors. Also maybe drones in search mode may in the area around give penalty to repairing and healing to force Survivors to not ignore the drone.

• Piruluk
    Options

Exactly this what I want a proper area denial killer, her ability can be easily ignored by survivors, there is no consequences for it.

Give them a big penalty to gen speeds and on healing

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    edited February 2023
    Options

Just a few tweaks could significantly help this killer. For starters, it takes too long to get the drone up and running (thereby making it ineffective in chase), and it takes way too long to get a survivor marked. 10 seconds is a ridiculously long time, and serves no benefit other than to camp generators.

And why the hell do survivors get to see radar??? Survivors shouldn't get any notification that the killer is tracking them. After all, that's what the terror radius is for. When it gets loud you get the hell out of dodge. Giving survivors base kit spine chill is a tad much. But if that's not going to change, then remove the slowdown the killer gets when looking at the tracker.

And please for the love of God get rid of this chase music. I don't know why BHVR is in love with washing machine sounds as of late, but her chase music has got to be the most annoying out of all of the killers. It's literally a 2-second loop recycled over and over.

• Piruluk
    Options

She only has detection and nothing else, thats quite big problem.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

Please, slapping on a gen/healing penalty will make people complain more.

• Piruluk
    Options

I dont care about the complaints, she isnt viable at all, the only thing that can make her viable if she can apply slowdown.

Otherwise who cares about m1 killer getting info without mobility, without chase power, without anything really, a gimmicky stealth wouldnt save her

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

A lot of people care because not everyone wants mobility or chase power in a killer. She isn’t even meant to do that anyway. It’s sad how many of you are so used to having insane amounts of power in chase, that when a new killer is released that is finally something other than chase or mobility you guys have a meltdown.

• Piruluk
    Options

I dont want chase, I want tracking and slowdown, the slowdown allows her to be playable as m1 killer

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

I want a power that doesn't advertise itself in use, that isn't inferior to just having aura reading perks on anybody else, and that doesn't actively require the Survivors to play along to let me get any value. I don't want to camp a 3gen from the outset, and be constantly stuck with "No, you can't deploy here, it's too close to another power even though their radii don't overlap at all".

I would like to have a little something to play around with in chase, because another M1 Killer who stops having anything once Survivors move away from this area to a loop, but whether that's making deploying the drones more viable or what is fine.

Or, I want a power that I can actively use, not one that Survivors have to screw up to allow.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

I agree....but also agree SM needs something more to her basekit because as it stands now...it's lacking. It's needs something.....and get rid of that awful walk of hers....it's so unnatural

• Piruluk
    Options

Yes, and here is the thing:

0 mobility

0 chase/lethality

0 slowdown

Only information it isnt enough, ultimately just think of her like trapper, but traps only give info, and not guaranteed to do anything else. Thats the skull merchant right now.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,380
    Options

I really don't see the point of this killer. Yeah, you can track survivors but then what? She doesn't have any kind of anti-loop (no, Undectable doesn't count, look at GF). Exposing a survivor is reliant on this survivor not leaving the area. Then again, what reason could they possible have to stick around? She has no mobility and even her tracking is subpar. Any killer with BBQ has pretty much better tracking than her.

She doesn't look threatening at all, her chase theme is pretty boring, she has the worst mori in the game, her animations make me question my sanity. Is that how women are supposed to move? I've never seen anyone move like this, man or woman. It's unnatural. And did you look at her mask? It's made of diamonds or something because I guess we need to show that she's really rich. A killer that uses stealth to assassinate her targets wears a shimmering diamond mask? What?! Why? Why not make it black?

Why not go the extra mile and design her as some kind of assassin? Less flashy drones with only subtle hints that they are around and the ability to spot survivors through walls, better stealth (smaller character model, darker clothes, smaller terror radius) and some kind of an ambush. Maybe even giver her a special interaction with gens like the ability to set up a trap that catches a survivor for X seconds. That would at least make her at least a bit more interesting to play.

As it stands she's really just boring and uninspired. There is creativity in her power but not in the actual gameplay and that is the worst thing imaginable for a killer you're trying to sell. Even her lore is poorly written.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,808
    Options

i think they should get rid of one her drones so she only have 3 and incentivize her to keep one at all time so she don't protect the 3 gen the whole game. Give the drones some anti loop. When a drone is set and the proximity establish all survivors who leave that proximity should be hinder for x amount of seconds. (maybe 10 seconds if healthy and 5 seconds if injure)

so even fight her expose with sealth or leave and risk getting hit going to the next loop because of the speed penalty from hinder.