If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Should the Tools of Torment chapter be removed all together and they come up with a better killer?

Options
Kameron13_P
Kameron13_P Member Posts: 1

Should the Tools of Torment chapter be removed all together and they come up with a better killer? 63 votes

Yes
55%
GibberishOnryosTapeRentalsBlueberryJaPoniiroundpittmusstang62Robotfangirl67BenOfMilamCandy2610SpectralfxFobbomoondosGnomechopskiNOEDaddyGuiltiiAquaticCitizenlilr3ap3rThralfazuznot_requested49Brandon48 35 votes
No
44%
brokedownpalaceIWasLrft2DiewydyadoitGlamourousLeviathantenoresaxEmealFFirebranddStrawbriCrowmanReverseVelocityMrsJukesPop_Goes_The_GenAurelleMarc_123XendritchBothSidesEnjoyerSmoeCodeDBTyGuyGrunbar 28 votes

Comments

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,269
    Options
    No

As long as they don´t change it (maybe they could consider only 3 chapters but i doubt even that at the moment) they will be releasing content every 3 month.

If some don´t like it doesn´t really matter as long as there are still enough players.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,483
    edited February 2023
    Options
    No

As much as i'm not a fan of the final result of Tools of Torment, i'm even less of a fan of removing content from the game in general regardless of how good or bad it may be considered by the community.

• horror_freak34
    horror_freak34 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    No

No because the chapter after it could be better plus we get decent survivors, and a new cool map ,not a cool killer but still pretty up to date

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,116
    Options
    Yes

Realistically not going to happen but I wish they would.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,131
    edited February 2023
    Options
    No

They can always update her look later and change her perks if it matters.

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 631
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Yes

I have to say yes cause I want Bhvr to somewhat remove her but also redo her since well to me and others feel that the Skull Merchant was rushed. By which I mean she’s very weak, her design is not very good. Her lore isn’t very well written either. I’m sorry to come off weird but I was just so disappointed with how this new chapter turned out. I mean the survivors are okay, may get them instead of the new killer but I haven’t fully decided yet.

So my point is she’s basically a weaker version of the knight. I also say that the Knight and many other killers do a way better job at pressuring 3 gens than her. Her mori is very lackluster as well. I mean it’s basically Freddy’s but way worst. But yeah that’s just how I feel about her.

I just thought it would of been cool to get a robotic killer or a cyborg even. I mean I’m all for basic designs as well. But again she just feels all over the place. I just feel again that she’s just very lackluster and that she wasn’t very well thought out in my opinion.

Post edited by Robotfangirl67 on
  • BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options
    Yes

This chapter dropped the ball. Hard. Yet another weak M1 killer that can do nothing but hold 3 gens and stall the game for 40 minutes and lose anyway.

• Brandon48
    Brandon48 Member Posts: 136
    Options
    Yes

They should take more time but they won’t. Even just making her visually horror-themed would go a long way for most but someone at behaviour had an own goal of adding Kris Jenner into the game for god knows what reason.

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Yes

This chapter is objectively low quality. The killer is bland, unimaginative and not scary (bejeweled mask). Her power is objectively weak. Her perks are objectively weak.

Several of the killer/survivor perks heavily incentivize tunneling which is counterintuitive to the current meta.

My wife completely stopped playing this game because she was being tunneled out early in most of her games. These new perks aren’t going to make this problem any better.

The consensus is that most people (more than 70%) do not like the look of the new killer.

Yes, they have every reason to scrap this chapter, but we all know what Behavior is going to do.

The best thing you can do is to stop giving them your money, because they’ll hear that loud and clear.

• LooeDbD
    LooeDbD Member Posts: 163
    Options
    Yes

I doubt she will be played alot anyway, after a week she will be at twins levels of pickrate

• nyixxi
    nyixxi Member Posts: 10
    Options
    No

There's still a lot of potential buffs they could give the skull merchant and maybe even a rework, but like we've seen with knight I think they could make enough changes to where she's not that bad

• Z0mbiv0r
    Z0mbiv0r Member Posts: 274
    Options

Yes, and they can instead purchase a license from WB and introduce the BATMAN WHO LAUGHS. Joke, although undoubtedly it could be a very fun killer.

No, even though I did vote 'yes' -not thta it's going to matter anyway- I don't think they need to remove it, I just think it needs to be far more tweaked.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

why is the unreleased chapter so hated??

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options
    No

As much as I think they should’ve taken more time to make it better I believe it’s a terrible idea to remove content just because a bunch of ppl don’t like it. You have the option of purchasing it or not, and when playing this game you always run the risk of coming against a character you don’t like. Hopefully they’ll learn from this mistake and potentially make it better in the future. Meanwhile, anyone who does enjoy the new content can do so freely.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options
    No

I actually enjoyed the chapter.

• mania_
    mania_ Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes

Her design is so rushed and her three gen power is just terribly thought out.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options
    No

they should look into working on the killer but not remove her