We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

What do you think about the 6 new Survivor perks? (Tools of Torment)

Options

Do you like them? Do you think they will be usefull? Also will you be getting these perks?

Comments

• TOFFU
    TOFFU Member Posts: 116
    Options

Sure 20 sec gens with new perk would be sooo fun to abuse by swf

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

Yes!

Friendly competition is a cute addition to the gen-perk category.

The new Teamwork perks are nice as well but I doubt anyone will run them except swf or content creators.

Cut Loose is definitely going to be used. Its perfect for looping and monstrous on certain maps.

Blood Rush is a hit or miss. It's giving me Deliverance vibes and it'll either be completely worthless or extremely useful.

I enjoy the new version of Background Player bc it'll help with flashlight saves/sabo builds and even pallet saves.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,520
    Options

Teamwork perks are just bad with a mediocre effects that are hard to apply consistently

Blood rush is pretty strong but doesn’t work with DH afaik so that’s cool

Background players is just terrible and does nothing that SB can’t do better

Gen perk is too weak but it has to be since it affects gen time

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,345
    Options

I'm not digging them, personally. I think they're better for swfs so I'm passing for now

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Cut Loose will be an absolute nightmare on competent loopers and I'm hoping I can make some use of it as well.

Blood Rush will be yet another "officially anti-tunnel perk but in reality a bullying the killer perk". Useless if you are being tunneled, extremely good with in a SWF against a killer that respects hook states.

Everything else is super niche and maybe will only equip them for challenge build synergy.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 3,962
    Options

The only one I'm interested in is the silent vaulting perk, the rest seem really rather pointless, IMO.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,038
    Options

The one i was most excited to use was Background Player but now that it has that weird rework i dont know.

I guess i can try and use the silent chain vaulting perk.

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191
    Options

I'll probably mess around with Cut Loose and Blood Rush, but overall the perks are either straight up bad, or require too many conditions to be consistently useful.

• HastuneMiku
    HastuneMiku Applicant Posts: 48
    Options

Friendly Competition is just a worse version of Deja Vu. It had a requirement to activate, and encourages you to play less efficiently. The reward isn't worth it. You might as well just run Deja Vu.

Teamwork: power of two is just a weaker blood pact that works on everyone but loses the aura reading.

Cut Loose is interesting, but I think it'll be extremely niche and won't really be used much.

Blood Rush will be meta. It should be nerfed to at least 40 seconds of broken. The risk just isn't high enough for the reward.

Collective Stealth could be interesting. I don't think it'll be meta, but could be useful paired with We'll Make It. Unhook someone, heal them quick, killer won't be able to find you as easily if you stick together. Problem is communicating that with solo survivors.

Background Player is just a sabo perk. It's like a worse version of Sprint Burst. It only works when the killer probably won't be chasing you.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,345
    Options

It's interesting, I actually think Cut Loose will be the popular one. I think alot of survivors will test out Blood Rush initially but then it'll die down.

• Solomonkane
    Solomonkane Member Posts: 111
    Options

Cut loose and blood rush are the only two I'm interested in. Everyone out here talking about blood rush + sprint burst... how boring.

Blood rush + head on is where it's at.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,737
    edited February 2023
    Options

Killer perks are all trash and won’t be seen at all outside initial release.

Teamwork perks are awful. The whole “teamwork” gimmick is just a bad idea imo.

Bloodrush is going to be in the meta and way too strong. Unhealthy design as it punishes players for not tunneling.

Background Player doesn’t look great but will be extremely annoying in swf squads. Will see more use than people think.

Cut loose looks like a fun perk we’ll see used. It’s gonna be way scarier than people think it is. Sleeper very strong perk.

• maximo99ac
    maximo99ac Member Posts: 164
    Options

cut loose and blood rush are 6/10 the other 4 are -4/10

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,876
    Options

Dude what do you expect? We’re you like this when Demo, Nemesis and Wesker had only 3 perks v 6 survivor perks?

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited February 2023
    Options

Demo = wasnt there. I joined - more or less - with the Artist-Chapter

Nemesis = like Demo, wasnt there

Wesker = I thought the same, but at least we got decent perks for both sides.

The new chapter brings in 8 crap-perks and 1 decent (the 6sec Perma-Vault-Silence-Thing). The best part of the new chapter is the map-visual of Red Forest and the Main Building on Shelter Woods. Everything else.... lets say i am not hyped for the rest.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,619
    Options

All trash perks

• Riski
    Riski Member Posts: 200
    Options

I want bloodrush as it feels like more of a strategic option to balance out the risk of, background I was more interested in pre-change just to piss off my friend with a "it's ok I have bt" build also using bt and guardian but I could see my self using it with flash bangs with iron will and bond/empathy. Teamwork options are cute but I'm not completely sold of the current ones they seem too weak. Competition seems like a fine gen speed bonus although it does promote 1 person to be the gen jocky, and cut loose is good but not my thing. Overall I like Renato's perks more than Thalita's and I'll probably get them, although I'm using cells for this chapter as I have most of them already so I'll have to wait on Thalita's.

• renvolt
    renvolt Member Posts: 21
    Options

They truly feel like they were invented with a dartboard. Like secret perks with unknown conditions you only proc accidentally. That's how minuscule and unimpactful they feel. But the BIGGEST crime is they don't FEEL fun or powerful. Diversion feels fun, Red Herring feels satisfying, Fixated makes me feel like I have a 4th perk. These upcoming survivor perks feel like passives, never gonna bring, never gonna waste the BPs.

Next chapter gonna be like NEW PERK: *throws dart* survivors *throws dart* within 16 meters of you *dart* in the dying state *dart* if you are holding an item *dart* and you were interacting with a window/locker/pallet when another survivor was downed *dart* will gain 1/1.2/1.4% increase in repair speed *dart* for 20s after being unhooked

like..... yipee..........................

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,078
    Options

Cut loose sounds fun, hope to see what people can do with it.

Blood rush sounds like a good second chance perk like Adrenaline.

Everything else can go in the garbage next to like 60% of survivor perks

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,989
    Options

Shite perks, especially after then nerfed the hook exhaustion perk (tho I understand why)

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,312
    Options

I think almost all of them need changes.

Cut Loose is the only perk that’s in a good spot. I don’t think it will be meta but I do think it will see some use.

The Teamwork perks are both terrible and have too many conditions to be any good. Also completely unnecessary 140 second cooldowns for some reason.

Friendly Competition is bad and as it is Prove Thyself is just better. I think an easy fix though would just be to make the 5% boost affect all actions (like what Resilience does) for the 75 seconds instead of just repairing (but not vault speed though, don’t think it should get that).

Background Player’s rework is much healthier than the PTB version but it should only activate if you start to run during the killer’s pickup animation (or if you’re already running). Right now if you’re just working on a gen far away it gets wasted and you get Exhausted for no benefit which sucks.

Blood Rush is too strong and primarily punishes killers who play nice which isn’t good. 20 seconds often isn’t long enough to be able to outplay it without tunneling. The healing time/Broken status duration needs to be increased to at least 30 seconds. Only redeeming quality is that it doesn’t work with DH.