Should P100 Give Cosmetic Rewards?

Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,173
edited March 2023 in General Discussions

Prestige 100 is a pretty difficult thing to reach, however, the rewards for reaching P100 are simple just an emblem by your name changing to look similar to that of a Bloodpoint (or Bloodgem?, who knows really).

Even though I do not have P100 on any of my character, I think it would be neat if characters had some sort of physical cosmetic reward(s) for reaching P100. Something they can physically show off in-game for their hard work and dedication.

As for BHVR, it would be an overall good idea to do this, since it might draw players in to dedicate to a character or even multiple characters for an extended period of time (which can boost player retention and playtime), which we all know is very much needed (it looks good to shareholders and investors).

EDIT: People are saying that it isnt technically "difficult" since it's just a time investment, and I do agree, but at the same time, I think the only difficulty comes with not getting burnt out on DBD. Playing the same game over and over can be really repetitive and take the fun away from the game for some players, so keep that in mind.

Post edited by Iron_Cutlass on

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

The cosmetic is a red badge with 100 printed on it.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

I believe the BHVR team is working on some ideas for P100 but I do not think we will see that idea soon. However, for P100 they can make a T-Shirt with a P100 badge on it or they can make something funny as a cosmetic. But I do believe that they will soon create an idea for P100.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

In hoping for some cosmetics too it does not have to be anything big just something small is enough like that t-shirt suggestion or something similar to old legacy skins but different color.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I'd take a re-skin of the Bloody Cosmetics tbh

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

they probably can’t add any new cosmetics for (certain) licensed chars anyway (Stranger Things and Nightmare on Elmstreet) - so if they add something then only for original characters and maybe select licensed ones? Wouldn’t want that.. but then again i wouldn’t want anything anyway as i don’t think it’s healthy to incentivize p100-ing multiple characters?

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191

Grinding 100m BP isn't difficult unless you think time = difficulty.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It's like 1500 hours.

It's difficult to play any game that long, much less dbd.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893

I don't think it's difficult (all you have to do is play the game and put all your BP into one character), but it does require a level of commitment to a single character that feels like it should be rewarded.

And a unique cosmetic set seems like the obvious and appropriate choice.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
  • Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

Its honestly a missed opportunity on their part. And i dont understand why they havent made cosmetics for such an accomplishment.

• arcticgirl36
    arcticgirl36 Member Posts: 137

Anyone who reaches Prestige 100 should be able to sit on their own glowing custom throne in the lobby. Its literally miserable going to prestige 100. My fingers are very sad for clicking all those blood web nodes. But to be honest, I feel they should remove the prestige cap entirely. It makes no sense to cap it. Let people show their maximum love for their chosen character by reaching any prestige level they desire.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893
    edited March 2023

Okay, think of it this way: after a quick skimming of all my characters, since the new prestige system went live I have accrued a total of somewhere in the neighbor hood of 160-170 prestige levels across the all characters. I did this by playing the game in the exact same way I did before the new system, and spending blood points the same way as before (except more economically, I guess).

I'm not doing anything substantively different than I ever have (which is spending way too much time playing DBD).

Now I don't have any P100 characters, but that is simply a choice I made to spread the points around, because I have adhd brain and have never really stuck with a main. But if I did, I would have hit P100 as a matter of course, by just playing the game.

It's not difficult, that's just a perception issue. It's just a time investment.

Again, that's not to say P100 isn't worthy of reward, because I think that dedication to a single character should be celebrated by giving something that highlights that character (like a unique skin).