Wow Make your choice makes no sense now

supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
edited March 2023 in General Discussions

Here is a perk made to give you a reason to go after the unhooker and reward you for not camping. The scream also gives you valuable info. Now it just...exposes them but you don't get the notification or hear the scream because you have to be 32 meters away for the perk to work in the first place. Such a joke change.

Comments

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

As I understand it, it still triggers the notification, it'll just be a loud noise notification instead of a scream.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Wait, there's no notification either? Why?

MYC might still be useable since the unhook is a notification... but RIP Deathbound. It was already bad but now it's just non functional.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707
    edited March 2023

I tried Deathbound and it still gave a notification (but no scream from far away, which you always will be since it doesn't work if you're within 32m). MYC just doesn't for some reason. You have no way to tell who is Exposed from MYC now.

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,081

I mean they already confirmed some of screams changes aren't intended.

Also, you have the giant explosion you hear when someone unhooks, so you still know where they are and when they did it. Don't really know how the screams are now, if you can't maybe identify the survivor or anything, but besides that, i don't see the problem.

And it's probably a bug that will be fixed, since screams are kinda weird right now.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    edited March 2023

Dragon's Grip as well, to a lesser degree. Knowing which survivor is exposed from their voice alone is a very neat and unique feature in DBD. Well, I rather should say "was", now...

Post edited by Emoba on
  • 90bubbel
    90bubbel Member Posts: 87

make your choice is only usefull as you can hear on the scream what survivor unhooked, no longer possible, also now infectious fright is essentially limited to 19m

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,589

Seems like tunneling really is the way to go. DS nerf, OTR bodyblocking, Blood Rush, in uprise in survivor efficiency and now another perk that incentivises to not tunnel nerfed.

Good to see BHVR know the game's issues so well.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Its time for a Freddy-Nerf, because he has addons which allows him to hear things...

🤣🤣🤣

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,676

True, but at least for MYC you already get the unhook notification at the same spot.

I'm genuinely baffled by the scream nerf overall tho. Kinda hoping they change that back in a hotfix in the coming weeks, or at bare minimum, drastically increase the 19m range.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,613

At this point I can't help but wonder if they are actively trying to lose players.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

I thought the game was in a decent place after the solo queue improvements, minus the fact that Dead Hard is still a scourge that the devs refuse to address (the last “nerf” did nothing to make it less powerful).

Then we get a new chapter with a very lackluster lineup of new content, combined with mind-boggling changes like this that make the game objectively worse to play.

This kind of stuff makes it really hard to believe that anyone at BHVR plays this game at all, at least enough to understand how their changes affect certain killers/survivors/perks.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 705

This kind of stuff makes it really hard to believe that anyone at BHVR plays this game at all, at least enough to understand how their changes affect certain killers/survivors/perks.

I believe they've said they play the game like 1 hour a week.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Same dev team had to be told new survivor perk giving haste to the unhooker would encourage tunneling and had to have a bunch of complaints until it was changed. They are either oblivious to what encourages/discourages camping/tunneling or purposely trying to buff camping/tunneling.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Utterly ridiculous change that wasn't well thought out at all. I don't need to explain how this is a massive nerf to MYC when everyone else has already done it, or how Face the Darkness is now straight-up self-contradictory, but that's only the beginning of the perks that this change wrecks. Like, if I have Iron Maiden on Huntress or Artist, I'm going to have no idea the perk went off - I'm just going to hear a loud noise notification in some non-gen spot. Same with Deathbound. That doesn't tell me anything other than 'a survivor is there.' If I'm chasing someone, I'm not going to drop them to switch targets at a distance, but I might if I know there's an Exposed guy. Dragon's Grip? For all you know, someone blew a skill check. Screams didn't just triangulate which survivor(s, and knowing there were multiple was vital info, especially when you couldn't turn to look) had an effect applied to them, they also differentiated this information from the fairly overused pool of loud noise notifications.

And I hate this change on the survivor end of things, too, because hearing screams across the map helped me identify who the killer was and what perks they were running.

There was zero reason to make this change. All it does is decrease the attractiveness of several perks that range from semi-meta to already unpopular.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

So, now with face the darkness what?

I will try it later with bots because even for bhvr standards is hard to belive (not really) that they nerfed scream perks so hard that some dont even works.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Dbd players yet again making a big deal for a perk that no one uses. Just to complain for something.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Wow, I wonder why nobody will use it now. Almost like it's a terrible change that makes MYC (along with some other perks) significantly weaker for no good reason?

Of course players are going to complain about it, literally nobody asked for this change.