The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is there anything you can do if a knight puts his guard and zones you?

I keep getting knight and there's seemingly nothing I can do in these situations, so I want to learn how to counter this

Comments

• dollidahlia
    dollidahlia Member Posts: 343

Honestly as long as it’s not the assassin (the one that’s slower while patrolling but faster in chase) just take the guard with you. The other guards are too slow to really get a hit on you

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

Usually your best option would be to somehow find a way to get back around the guard and go for the flag.

If that's not possible then the next best thing if healthy would be to maybe just tank the hit from Knight himself and try to get to a better position.

If you're injured and there's really nothing left to do, it's best to just run to a corner or anywhere as far away from everything else as you can get.

• TonyXSplash
    TonyXSplash Member Posts: 72

run to his guard and press dead hard it always works because guards don’t respect dead hard lol

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

- DH guard.

- Pallet throw with timing make guard look for another route.

- Grab flag.

- If swf, you or 1 friend can aggro the guard or take the hit then leave to heal.

- If guard or knight are about to hit, let knight hit you and not the guard.

- Durin guard chase knight have no colition, you can walk throw it. If he hits, guard is gone.

To me the most annoying thing is when a 2 survivor aggro the guard.

That means i have to choose between hunt a healthy surv and leave injured one or hunt injured one full M1 without power.

Hope this help somehow.👍

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,826

Been playing a bit of Knight recently, the things I’ve noticed that survivors do that I find the hardest way to catch them is:

1. If you can get the banner, get it. You’ll make a ton of distance. Not really easy to do mid chase but if he goes for a long distance guard, it’s almost always possible to grab it simply by running around a rock until it spawns.
    2. Dead Hard is a free speed boost, there is nothing Knight can do if you time it right.
    3. Start running away as soon as you see him going to place a guard.
    4. Guards are slowed down when you vault a window, so if you hold W and vault a window they will basically never catch up to you.
    5. If you are being hunted by a guard, tap a hooked survivor and the guard will instantly die.
    6. If you are in a situation where the guard and Knight can both hit you, let the Knight hit you. The guard will disappear. If the guard hits you then Knight might get a second quick hit on you. Better to let him hit you then risk getting two tapped.
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,926

Am I like the only person on the planet who enjoys vsing the Knight?

Anyways, all you can really do is hold forward as long as you can and try to stay out of LoS of the Guards once he places them. If you're cornered, try detaching from the loop and try using LoS blockers while doing so. Hard to explain but I usually do that and it works quite well.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

I don't despise the Knight like I do the Dull Merchant but I don't find it particularly fun to have literally all of my other options taken away so that I'm forced to hold forward. Imo the best counter against Knight's is to have a teammate take guard aggro so that you can play as you would vs. any m1 killer but, y'know, solo queue and all that...