Anniversary chapter

Options
2»

Comments

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options

Well, I didn't see anything of what you say, but I definitely don't question it since I joined reddit and the dbd forum last year.

Well, FNAF isn't the scariest horror game in history, but it will put on the table good characters, in particular Springtrap will fit better in dbd than FNAF.

Probably you say that it's a children's game because like 90% of who played it when the first chapter came out were like 12 years old, but if you look at the lore is good. Am I a fan of FNAF? Absolutely, I do not deny it and I think it is evident since I know its lore very well, certainly being one of the games that represented my childhood / adolescence I would be delighted if it entered dbd, obviously only with a sense because they should put Springtrap as a killer , at most Ennard, since they are effectively the only assassins in history. Secondly, it should be a chapter with a strong killer that is fun to play and fight, and that brings strong perks to the table.

If you don't know it's lore, well maybe I can recommend you to read Springtrap's lore, so you see why it will be perfect in dbd.

• illNicola
    Options

One last thing, bro seriously you complain about "some of the worst people"? Don't get me wrong, but have you seen what community we are in? DBD has one of the most toxic communities I've ever seen, second only to lol I think

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

Somehow, FNAF is actually worse. Probably because a lot of it is made up of children.

I will absolutely not budge on this either, they did it to themselves. The fans of FNAF pretty much killed any goodwill the community had towards them back during the Pinhead teasers I think.

If it comes to the game, I and many others will quit since BHVR would clearly be morally bankrupt. After all their support of the LGBTQ+ community, they'd support FNAF? Yeah, that would be a HUGE slap in the face. I HOPE they'd never do that, but they went in with NFT's too so, you never know.

• illNicola
    edited March 2023
    Options

DBD isn't a horror game. Or rather, it's not scary at all. It's scary only when you face killer's like Ghostface, but the rest of the game isn't scary at all. If you know only the "base" animatronics (Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and Foxy) ok, they aren't scary, but Springtrap, in my opinion, is one of the best and yet scary design ever made.

And if a fnaf chapter ever come to dbd, it should work around the jumpscare mechanic. Maybe a stealth killer like Wraith, that can jumpscare survs and oneshot them with a dash. Something like this

• powerpuffCheryl
    powerpuffCheryl Member Posts: 39
    Options

The Conjuring came out before FNAF so it'd be just as modern.

I'm not too confident in a Conjuring chapter but I'd honestly love to see The Nun as a killer.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 538
    Options

I don't hate FNAF it has its fans & its audience I just have less than zero interest in it being part of dbd.

Especially in place of other true "horror" icons that could / should be in first.

I don't believe it would bring a mass influx of players nor retain the vast majority of anyone who did give it a try & I can see nothing but post after post on here about why it's either the best or worst chapter ever. Sure you could argue that about most chapters but it would be just turn into yet another us vs them (FNAF fans vs non fans) day after day.

Like I said I want Chucky, a lot of people want Chucky, will we get Chucky? Probably someday & hey a lot of people will hate him too, he'll be too small, too fast, too weak, too strong (okay probably not) its all subjective opinion.

Honestly if something comes out & you like it great doesn't matter if you're in the majority or the minority of the player base.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,877
    Options

I was neutral on it to begin with, but the FNAF fans ruined Pinheads chapter imo. Pinhead is a massive horror icon yet they absolutely flooded the official posts and release info with negativity. Just because they'd fooled themselves into thinking the hints - which included a literal *scene* from Hellraiser - were about FNAF. They accused the devs of intentionally leading them on, when everyone and their mum picked up that it was a Hellraiser chapter from the first hint. Like we just got PINHEAD and they're angry. I understood then why so many people were against a FNAF chapter and against drawing the fanbase over. The sad thing is, from a business perspective, they'd be perfect to cater to.

• illNicola
    Options

I remember this. I haven't seen hellraiser so I don't remember if I thought it was FNAF as well. I don't see why fnaf fans ruined hellraiser. They were just sad that their favorite game didn't make it into dbd. Obviously, like any community, there are dickheads who write bullshit, but as it exists on dbd it exists everywhere.

I want to ask you something though. In your opinion, is it right that a possible fantastic chapter, with a killer who can really have a unique power with many possibilities to be strong, be rejected by the dbd community just because some people are pissed at the community from which the chapter comes?

In my opinion not, and above all because this community is already very toxic, so going to say "I don't want FNAF because they "ruined" (which ruined is a big word) hellraiser" or "I don't want FNAF because their community is toxic/full of children (not to think that there aren't children playing on dbd eh)" it doesn't make sense.

• illNicola
    Options

Demogorgon is in dbd, and people still want stranger things back, and stranger things isn't a horror series. Shall we talk about the original chapters then? Does the trickster look scary to you? A shirtless kpop singer who throws knives (and also sucks as killer). So if we want to talk about things that clash next to horror icons, well they are already there.

You don't believe it would bring a mass influx of player, and you're wrong about this. FNAF hasn't an online game, so fans who see that they can play as Springtrap in a game will be drawn to try dbd and if Springtrap is cool maybe try the Huntress, then try another killer, another one, play surv and so on. It's a spinning wheel, if one likes the concept of the game sooner or later they get to try other characters. Now consider how many fans FNAF has, that's it. Hundreds of new players would come, as has happened with every licensed chapter.

• LegacySmikey
    edited March 2023
    Options

Genuinely not trying to be argumentative & you & anyone else who wants FNAF are just as valid to have such a desire & viice them as me or anyone who say wants Chucky or the masses who want Jason or even those that want Candyman or wanted Hellrasier (2 movie franchise I have seen all of the movies for & couldn't be much less underwhelmed about)

FNAF would bring new players every chapter brings new players even orginal ones, Resident evil brought loads of new players.

But retaining said players long term would be incredibly difficult especially as an anniversary chapter where for the most part BOTH sides seem hell bent of trying to make it the least fun the other side has ever had this happens with virtually every event in dbd.

I've been playing for almost 6 years i've seen a lot of requests for various chapters in that time FNAF is almost certainly the one that splits people the most about how much they do or don't want it in the game.

As for horror aspect Stranger things isn't defined as a horror series but demo ripping people apart & eating heads in the show can't really be described as anything but horror.

I have the stranger things content (map excluded) so if it never comes back I'm fine (though I love the map) but for any new player with each passing chapter they don't have that content & it makes great business to bring it back & add a second chapter at the same time.

Stranger things chapter 2 (plus potentially a double all in chapter purchase for those that don't have demo & co) will sell better than FNAF thats my personal opinion your free to disagree.

I also agree Trickster isn't exactly a horror looking icon people are looking for (though personally I kinda like him no idea why) i'd like to see more creatures (in particular a transforming werewolf) or those based on old horror stories or even urban legends.

I knew game cross overs would make it eventually but again from a personal point of view it was never something I was overly looking for.

Anyway all subjective opinion like I said & if I don't respond to any futher comments its purely because I don't get notified when i'm tagged in comments since the forum moved sites. Most annoying but I'm not gonna scroll every post I comment in to see if someone mentioned me.

• That_One_Friend
    That_One_Friend Member Posts: 274
    Options

I really just dont understand the hate Scott still gets. At the time, yeah, it stung really bad. But he apologized, gave us a rather decent explanation, and somewhat gave the series to Steelwool. As an LGBT person, I can forgive Scott for what he did. He's donated to the Trevor project and other amazing charities, which in my opinion outweighs what he got doxxed over.

Relating for the chapter, I just cant see Springtrap running around Badham chasing an e-girl wearing bunny ears. Maybe if it was actually just William as a human, I could get behind it.

• Pulsar
    Options

It got bad enough that the subreddit for DBD literally BANNED any mention of FNAF.

Their fandom is somehow more toxic than DBD. It seems to be made up of children and adults who act like children, for the most part.

Ultimately, FNAF won't work in DBD. It was an almost unique horror game in 2014, but it really only has some cheap jumpscares going for it. There's very little substance to the game and it simply won't translate well.

So yes, I'm all for denying that toxic community a way in.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

i feel like fnaf could have a halloween event for the nightmare characters and would go out with a big big bang

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Honestly I will be more than happy for a massive health/rebalance chapter.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,877
    Options

If "ruined" is too strong a word for you, then I suppose "took the wind out of the sails" is more appropriate? Regardless, they were spamming everything to do with the chapter on social media and picking fights. It was my first introduction to the fanbase, and I can see why people say they aren't keen to deal with them.

And I would disagree with the possibility of it being a fantastic chapter. But that just comes down to personal preference. My 6 and 8 year olds play it and it's jumpscare robot animals.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

You see Chucky happening but not Alien? You do you I guess.

• LegacySmikey
    Options

Yeah I do.

Disney own Alien that in my opinion makes the license both harder to get & vastly more expensive.

I also think Alien that couldn't climb walls, crawl on ceilings & has to walk on 2 feet the whole time will be nearly as well received as the general idea that hey we're finally getting Alien!!!

If it happens great a lot of people get what they want & I'm all for that, I'm not against it in anyway shape or forum I just don't see it happening.

Chucky, Jason & probably Candyman (as lacklustre as I think he'd be) will all almost certainly make it after that I expect more orginal chapters & video game cross overs or niche horror movies.

Again not against a venom spitting Alien sticking those little spider like things on survivors faces & the map might be great (but lets face it would probably be indoor in a ship with a terrible layout)

I just think in reality if it happens it won't be as unique or as innovative as a lot of people think it would.

& I'm well aware Chucky will probably be a let down too but i'll still main him so if you want Alien I hope you get what you want someday.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

Agreed on both points. The only way I see FNAF working at all is just a skin for Ghost Face that puts him in a bunny costume so you can pretend to be William Afton. Or get one of the Robbie costumes for Legion and pretend it's from FNAF instead of Silent Hill.

Though I have to admit, if they could somehow make a map out of a crappy children's pizzeria, that could be fun. You can have the animatronics spawn in random places on the map every match and act creepy. The only issue is size, pizzeria's aren't that big.

• illNicola
    Options

It doesn't make sense because we already have a "Nightmare" killer: Freddy Krueger.

• illNicola
    Options

For the last part: I can't see Myers chasing an e-girl in a bunny suit either, yet it happens

• illNicola
    Options

Fnaf luckily evolved, in fnaf security breach you actually move in the pizzeria, escaping from the animatronics while they hunt you. Yes, the chapters before help wanted are made with "cheap jumpscares", but they managed somehow to get lot of attention.

However, I don't know and don't honestly believe that the fnaf fandom is more toxic than the dbd fandom, until at least I don't see actually toxic messages/posts. Also because, I doubt there are people like in the dbd community who say "Hang yourself" or heavily insult you and your family, wishing you illness

• illNicola
    Options

Oh and one last thing, FNAF would work really well in dbd. Sprintrap will fit better in dbd than FNAF, if you want, I'll also give you a concept that I imagined (based on the original game of Springtrap, FNAF 3), so you can see how well it would run on dbd

• illNicola
    Options

I'm sad this happened, also because it is a minority of the community. Unfortunately, every community has its toxic side and thankfully, most are not like that. But just as on dbd there are those who wish you sickness and tell you to commit suicide, on FNAF there are people who probably didn't understand the importance of Pinhead and felt "robbed" of the chapter they've been waiting for for years.

Also, as I said to the other guy, FNAF will be a top chapter. Sprintrap will fit better in dbd than FNAF, there are so many possibilities for it to be strong and funny to play/face. Try it if you want, it wouldn't get all this attention if it sucked

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Options

FNAF for the anniversary, plz. It's the undisputed most requested DBD chapter of all time (only F13 comes even remotely close), and the people who want it far out weigh those who don't, by leaps and bounds, to the point of being comical.

Those "children" who grew up with FNAF are adults now, and we see Springtrap as an icon of video game horror. Its laughable to think he doesn't have a place in the video game hall of fame that is Dead by Daylight. And thats not including the fact that FNAF's story is far from kid friendly. Its the stuff of nightmares

I have to be honest, I look at people who think FNAF is for children the same way I look at someone who just said "My wallet tastes good."

• Pulsar
    edited March 2023
    Options

FNAF is literally (other than Jeepers Creepers) the most controversial license.

A lot of the community despises it and a lot are fanatical about wanting it, like yourself.

The game is marketed for kids. It generates enormous revenue from kids. It's a game for kids.

FNAF will go down in the same vein as the ######### jumpscare horror movies. An intriguing fad, but nothing of any real substance or innovation.

Also, you clearly haven't been around for long if you think FNAF is the most requested Chapter.