If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Do you think you earn too little, just around enough or maybe too many Iri Shards?

Options
Leguś
Leguś Member Posts: 172

It's kind of a simple question but it could spark some discussion. Feel free to expand on your answer. It's very helpful.

Do you think you earn too little, just around enough or maybe too many Iri Shards? 26 votes

I earn too many Shards!
3%
AssortedSorting 1 vote
I earn just about a good amount.
7%
BlueberryTyGuy 2 votes
I need more Shards!
88%
GibberishNeaKarlssonDimekTragicSolitudeValikSlamitieHex_LlamaHerachi_SakuraLeguśThat_One_FriendAurellejinx3dcliffableFridayNightPizzaLoolrenzoWitchOfCrafttuttoinunavoltaVeroles09SHARKBOSSPhewru 23 votes

Comments

• Leguś
    Options
    I need more Shards!

I personally think we earn too little considering the gain has not been changed over the years but there are more things to spend them on. I have few ideas on how to expand on current system that would encourage a bit more gameplay for even higher increase of them.

1. I think you should gain some amount Shards for hitting new Devotion level and add compensation to high-Devotion players if possible. That's kind of a no-brainer but it would already help a good chunk of people.
    2. Another way is adding "Weekly Rituals" where you just simply have a bigger task to do than in comparison to Daily Ritual and there you could gain Shards through that. It could also compose of few smaller tasks as well.
    3. Add "Community Goals" section to Archives. It would be very similar to the Event Tome Challenges with Community Goals except instead of Bloodpoints, Rift Fragments, outfits, it's gonna feature Shards and basically work in similar manner. It would help people who did all Challenges and now don't have much to do in the game, it would give maybe a certain breather to people who might be stuck on certain Challenge to complete. Depending on how this is set-up, it could totally work but it could take a lot of work to set-up.

If you have any other idea, please share. Remmeber that there should be no way for player to spend real money on these considering it's "gameplay-only currency".

• Herachi_Sakura
    Herachi_Sakura Member Posts: 22
    Options
    I need more Shards!

Recently they added BP to the free empty rift slots. I think there should also be about 1k shards in there. Not a lot but every bit helps. Also agree that we should have weekly rituals that award shards. (Both for survivor and killer)

• Leguś
    Options
    I need more Shards!

The idea of giving Shards through Rift cannot happen.

After purchasing Premium Rift, you can spend Cells to buy Tiers. And you know Cells are money currency. So that kind of fails.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options
    I need more Shards!

i feel like the community challenge could work very well and same with the higher devotion but i also think that the higher player lvl the more shards gained from lvl up like max of 500 or more its a 200 increase as a max so i think its good

• Loolrenzo
    Loolrenzo Member Posts: 6
    Options
    I need more Shards!

I feel like in general different ways to earn shards are warranted. Sure, the occasional double EXP weekend and loging rewards help, but theyre nowhere consistent enough to solve that problem.

A Devotion rework sure would be nice. You should be rewarded for playing the game and right now its just a number that does nothing.

Maybe a straight 3.000 shards for a devotion, or a 4% multiplier to any shard gains from levelling up for every devotion level (Devotion 1, 4% more shards. Devotion 2, 8% more, etc.)

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,116
    Options
    I earn just about a good amount.

It’s enough to never have to pay for a single unlicensed character and still have enough left to get multiple cosmetics here and there with the extra.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    I need more Shards!

Too much grind you have to do to get rewarded with very little shards. They should either decrease the grind for shards or increase the amount given at the end of each level.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,052
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I need more Shards!

The shard grind is honestly pretty ridiculous. DBD is a paid game, yet it's grind for new characters and cosmetics is worse than some free-to-play games.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    I need more Shards!

Double XP feels pretty good to me -- like I can make progress at a reasonable rate. Regular progression feels so slow and discouraging that I don't feel compelled to keep playing. I just look at the mountain I have to climb and I'm like, "Never mind."

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
    I need more Shards!

Having to grind for so long to unlock characters and cosmetics for free is a sin.

IMO reducing the costs of cosmetic IR costs and bringing original character costs down to 8,000 IR-Shards would help a lot. But as it stands I'm averaging ~40 shards a match.

Even if they lowered the cost to 8k, it would take me a whopping 200 matches to get there!

Playing 10 matches a day, it can take me almost a n entire month to get one!

So if I don't want to buy the latest DLC - in the current state, I have to grind for the better part of 3 months to get it!

MORE SHARDS