i think it’s time plague got some changes…

i am aware this whole discussion might sound like an entitled survivor moment, and you are right to think that. however that’s not what it is and that’s not the idea i want to put across.

for me, plague is the most boring killer to go against (ever since skull merchant got changed it’s not her anymore). the plagues power in my eyes, is boring, annoying and stupid. the power incentivises being injured and feels like a stronger and more oppressive version of legions. legions incentive to be injured has a really good payoff because you can still heal against legion without them gaining any thing, however cleansing against the plague is anything but a good idea.

which brings me to my next point, the corrupt purge. for me, the plagues power feels outdated and too oppressive and it’s because this side of it alone. the fact that survivors are put in a lose lose situation makes her power very boring and sometimes feel almost impossible to defeat. if you don’t cleanse, you stay injured all game and i don’t really to explain why that’s a loss in itself… however if you do cleanse she gets the ability to use corrupt purge which is one of the strongest abilities in the game (imo).

whats more is the fact that staying injured all game and feeling like you can’t really loop the plague bores me to heck. i want to have chases go on for a while, but having to pre drop a pallet is always quite boring against killers as it takes away the fundamental part of looping (particularly just looping the pallet). not even just that, corrupt purge ends chases in a matter of seconds if the plague has more than 5% of a brain and it just bores me to death.

every time i go up against a plague, i either DC or just give up. again, call me entitled all you want.. but it’s just how i feel against her and feel that’s all that’s necessary because i want to get out the game asap.

there’s a number of things they could do to change plague that they must not be realising. her power has been left for agessssss now and it just gets worse and worse whenever i see a ptb that doesn’t mention her name.

if you made it this far, i hope my opinions satisfied you and made you think i’m not entitled… if you still feel that way, that’s fine. you have your opinion, i have mine.

i just don’t want anyone saying rude or nasty things towards my opinions and thoughtsz

THANK YOU!

Comments

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

As someone who mains Gweneth Paltrow, her power is essentially held hostage against good survivors. She will never get a corrupt pool outside her 1 that spawns in Narnia until endgame unless they over cleanse and force fountain reset. If you can handle being injured all game, you win

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited March 2023

Agree that she feels very strong for the average survivor.

She's not an M1 killer if people have 1 health state instead of 2.

If Hag gotta be nerfed because lesser experienced survivors find her oppressive, it would only be on track for Bhvr to nerf Plague a little bit.

Post edited by HugTheHag on
  • sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,656

Hag might need a compensatory buff if anything. Not really sure yet, it depends on how long it takes to clear the phantasm traps, they didn't say.

Plague is fine minus Black Incense, that addon is stupid.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

We've really got to the point where survivors want Plague nerfed because she's "too boring to go against".

That says it all, really

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,612

I am sorry but so many points you wrotte are wrong (aka skill issue or just not true). Example: you can't loop her when you are sick? #########?! She is M1 without power.

It feels like you overdramatic just because you don't like her power (which is subjective and that's fine) and not because she is OP because she isn't.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

If we were forcing a change to Plague right now I’d be closer to buffing her than nerfing her as I think most others would as well.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

one of her addons should debuff healing speed by 50%

• Wiccamanplays
    Wiccamanplays Member Posts: 130

Plague is strong, not OP. As everyone else here has pointed out, the fullest extent of her power is RNG-dependent (whether survivors cleanse, where her Pools of Devotion spawn etc.) so Plague can dominate or be dominated because of a variety of factors, some of which are under neither the Killer's nor Survivors' control. Her addons are also very strong: even her meme addon is quite powerful in the right build. If her power were more consistent, then she would definitely ascend to around the Spirit's level of power i.e verging on OP if you use her best addons, but she's not. Knowing when to cleanse and when to tough it out is, like 99% of things in this game, very difficult for beginners to grasp.