If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Struggling

Options
Tsulan
Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

So right now, struggling is more annoying than anything.
Why does it has to be a button smasher?
How about we change it to skill checks. If the survivor fails the skill checks, he dies. If the manages to hit a great skill check, he gets some more seconds on the hook. This would also award points for people being camped.

Comments

• Piri
    Piri Member Posts: 8
    Options

Sounds pretty neat. Would love to see people die because they fail their skillchecks

• rezmax
    rezmax Member Posts: 54
    Options

Yeah and the killer standing next to a survivor with Unnerving Presence to help hit the skillchecks... Hahaha you wish... What they really should do is remove spam button and make it automatic so if survivor decides to dc, facecamper would think the survivor is still on a hook waiting for a save, and the rest of the team should either get a dc notification or change the color of survivor aura for example to purple.

They also need to remove points from incidious basement leatherfaces.

• McJesusBurger
    McJesusBurger Member Posts: 7
    Options

The point behind this is, that mathieu once said the player has to know the feeling to be on the verge of dying. for some it might be annoying, for others it is to mash the space button until the last second hoping someone will get you

• Tsulan
    Options

@McJesusBurger said:
    The point behind this is, that mathieu once said the player has to know the feeling to be on the verge of dying. for some it might be annoying, for others it is to mash the space button until the last second hoping someone will get you

@rezmax said:
    Yeah and the killer standing next to a survivor with Unnerving Presence to help hit the skillchecks...

I think that survivor would know the feeling of being on the verge of dying.

• McJesusBurger
    McJesusBurger Member Posts: 7
    Options

i understand your point mate, just wanted to explain why they keep it that way

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    Options
    I agree. They should change it. This button spamming can't be healthy for the keyboard/controller
  • rezmax
    Options

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:
    I agree. They should change it. This button spamming can't be healthy for the keyboard/controller

Then buy a keyboard with macro and problem solved.

• Tsulan
    Options

@rezmax said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

What if you play on a laptop?

• rezmax
    Options

@Tsulan said:

@rezmax said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

What if you play on a laptop?

You just plug a keyboard with macro and I'm also pretty solid there's notebooks with macros aswell. Btw who would play this game on a laptop?

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Skillchecks are boring.
    No thanks.

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    Options
    The problem I’ve experienced with the button mashing (with controller, I just play on console) is that lag will cause you to die unintentionally. Like you could be pressing it constantly but lag will cause an input delay making the game think you stopped hitting it. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    How about we change it to skill checks. If the survivor fails the skill checks, he dies. If the manages to hit a great skill check, he gets some more seconds on the hook. This would also award points for people being camped.

Would support that

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Runiver said:
    Skillchecks are boring.
    No thanks.

Smashing a button is much more exciting, yeah

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Master said:

@Runiver said:
    Skillchecks are boring.
    No thanks.

Smashing a button is much more exciting, yeah

Both are boring. Skillchecks are even worse tho.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

As a PC player, I use a game controller, but I bound my struggle button to my mouse wheel because the button mashing hurts my hands. It's helped a lot, I don't know if it would help you?

• MysterTal
    MysterTal Member Posts: 157
    Options

@Tsulan said:

My understanding from what the Devs have said back in the day is that they wanted the player feeling whatever their character was going through. So I guess they wanted you to feel as though you are struggling.

In reality, it's hard to make a player seated in comfort feel what their Meg or Trapper are feeling on the screen (they did a better job with Killers - I really do feel like my eyeballs are being burned whenever someone flashlight blinds me).
    What they really gave me with the "mash Space to not die" thing is a reason to become very conscious of how loud my keyboard must sound..._ to my neighbours, at 3 am_.

Quite a lot of people rebind the struggle key, as well.

The problem is that there isn't really a better way to do it.
    If you think skillchecks are a great solution, wait until you instantly die because you got hit with a 4-o'clock skillcheck appearing with no warning on the left side of your screen, with the success zone the size of the dot at the end of this sentence because you were playing in a Doctor match and the Killer had Unnerving and Huntress' Lullaby.

Or just die instantly because when you hit the button and when the dial actually hits the success zone are two different things due to latency.

• foxofthestars
    foxofthestars Member Posts: 157
    Options

@Piri said:
    Sounds pretty neat. Would love to see people die because they fail their skillchecks

LMAO! There would be a lot of dead survivors for sure. I have played with several ppl today that consistently failed their skill checks.

• Tsulan
    Options

@foxofthestars said:

@Piri said:

LMAO! There would be a lot of dead survivors for sure. I have played with several ppl today that consistently failed their skill checks.