Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Clown.

Why does no one use clown? I've played against him once as survivor. He's the best killer in chases, with no competition. He's third/fourth best killer.

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214

Personal opinion, his gameplay is just straight up boring. Yes, he is amazing at chases and he can shut down pallets extremely well (done it myself), but for me, there's just not enough in his ability to be entertaining.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Because he's bugged like hell right now.

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384
    Trapper is satisfying when he works. Wraith is mostly used for speed boost uncloak. Hillbilly because people like his speed and instadown. Nurse because she wins games. Myers because he is spooky and has instadown. Doctor because of playstyle versatility. Hag because of traps that teleport. Huntress because of long range hatchets and the ability to predict. Leatherface because they hate altruism or because people like that he is simple. Spirit because she can mind game like no one else. Freddy because of the mindgame with auras and the dream transition. Legion because they stab and stalk survivors. Clown just throws a bottle and stabs survivors, which honestly is not that much  different than a base killer.

Look at it this way: every other killer makes the survivor fear actually being hit or losing something from an unhook. Doc has madness that helps outside the chase, survivors could run into traps, a long range hatchets could be hurling towards you, Freddy sleeps you and gets free aura reading. Clown just slows you down. His entire ability revolves around loops, not anything else that would make a unique playstyle. He's good, just not what people are looking for in terms of fun.
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I love Clown and I do wish more people would play him. When I'm Survivor and I see Clown I'm happy because I know a good Clown will always be able to catch me and I can learn from how they're doing it. Slowing down Survivors at loops is a great ability because it makes Survivors fear being slowed, they're afraid they can't keep doing the loop. That's really simple of course but that's half the game right there, chasing into loops.

When I play Clown I always have a good time because he's constantly laughing, gets a hit, laughs triumphantly, gets stunned by pallet, laughs in pain, it's fun for me.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I find him really fun. Guessing people don't care for the idea of a projectile which doesn't hurt survivors.

I just like not being survivors b**ch at pallets. Plus its fun watching them panic and get herded about by the gas clouds.

I'd like to see more people use him too. He suffers from a lack of pressure but he's still better than half of the killers imo and I think hes an easy one to learn.
  • MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    @WaffleFalafel Getting to skip Paley loops arguably the worst thing a killer has to consistently deal with isn't fun? 
  • WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384
    @WaffleFalafel Getting to skip Paley loops arguably the worst thing a killer has to consistently deal with isn't fun? 
    I would argue that to have a killer who can tactically outplay survivors due to the skill needed to use their ability successfully, and not just strategic thinking would be more fun. Nurse has to predict exactly what a survivor is going to do when she telelports to them. Furthermore, the player has to have specifically the skill to be able to teleport at all because of the environment. 

Clown does require strategic thinking in terms of prediction, however he does not need the timing of a blink to slow down survivors. The Afterpiece Tonic instead stays. It allows area denial and does have use, though I would argue that having played Trapper or Hag would be more satisfying as you had to predict survivors movements and herd them over to the traps. Clown just has to predict where they will be going after following the survivor, which is usually one of two or possibly three ways. To further add insult, one tonic can cover multiple paths. That in of itself harms the idea of there being any strategic thinking involved with position of the Tonic.

Clown also does not bring anything new in terms of playstyle. Sure, he can slow down survivors and that was new. The problem though is that the power does not add in any more mind games or mechanics. Spirit added a variety of mindgames to use in ways we haven't seen them before. Is she really phasing, or is she just waiting for me to vault the pallet? Should I run? These are all things Spirit causes because of her power. What goes through a survivor's mind with Clown is this: Do I want to save this pallet or use it now? There is no questioning if he is going to do anything else besides follow you with the slowdown.

Clown does get rid of looping, that's true, although the real question is what does he replace that mechanic with? Does he add mind games like Spirit? Does he encourage stealth play like with Nurse? Does he exchange time winding up a hatchet with the possibility of a hit like Huntress? No, he instead removes a mechanic of the game and turns himself into a M1 killer with extra steps.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i dont really like him due to his lack of map pressure.

thats also a reason of why i hate the cannibal, there is nothing special about him, its just the basic mechanics.
    almost every one else has something to put pressure on the survivors, but clown doesnt rly have that.

its like, your in a chase, your affected. your outside the chase and your perfectly save.

• Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65

I use The Clown and he is the only Killer that can cover an area with his Tonic. Also, he lunges pretty fast with his Madame Butterfly, therefore I use "Sloppy Butcher" with him, to be effective both up close and far with his tonics. Above all, he is one of my top picks for living Killers and the other two that I use is "The Wraith", and "The Spirit".