We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

The update

2»

Comments

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

I am bored of this meta. Bring on the new one

• Styrix
    Styrix Member Posts: 16

Some people have changed my view by a slight bit. I just wanna address something. I liked how Dead by daylights been. I’ve honestly had the most fun ever within the past few months. Sure, there has been times where it seems like the mechanics are a bit off, but I still loved it. I didn’t mind slow gens. I do not speak for anyone else but I feel that they were perfectly fine. I honestly didn’t even mind the new chapter.

I keep seeing killers on here saying things like, “DH was absolutely no fun gameplay.” It is so easy to counter. Sure they get distance, but in most situations just swing. It makes visibility awful, so survivors often mess up.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,615

“DH was absolutely no fun gameplay.” It is so easy to counter.

Countering DH is not fun. Especially when you've been doing it for years. That's the problem.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,927
    edited March 2023

New DH never needed skill unless it was against a 48 m/s hatchet huntress. Its still just a gamble if someone's riding your back or are nurse/blight and is basically free against M2's. Whatever "skill" it requires now is very little.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited March 2023

One of the best updates we've ever had

The only icky thing is the overall healing time increase (instead of just self healing time) which should be looked into already, but overall 9/10 update. Would rather see more patches like this than horrible new chapters every 3 months (please stop)

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Agree with every point you make.

Why did we not have toolbox reform at the same time as medkit reform?

Why did the gen rush perks not get 70-75% nerfs?

Why are we allowing Hyperfocus to potentially finish a generator in 35-40 seconds? Should we add a killer perk that lets the killer remove two of your hook states in 30 seconds? Obviously neither of those things should be part of the game.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 666

Why did we not have toolbox reform at the same time as medkit reform?

Why did the gen rush perks not get 70-75% nerfs?

Why are we allowing Hyperfocus to potentially finish a generator in 35-40 seconds? Should we add a killer perk that lets the killer remove two of your hook states in 30 seconds? Obviously neither of those things should be part of the game.

I think the thought process is that if survivors are kept busy healing for longer, the gens won't go as fast. This is true if the survivors actually heal. If they stack resilience, PT, hyperfocus, and toolboxes then the healing nerf doesn't really matter in terms of gen speed, though chases would be shorter as survivors spend more time injured.

We'll have to see how it all pans out on the PTB. Nerfing toolboxes / gen repair perks in addition might be a bit too much all at once.

Ideally I would have liked to see a slightly less severe healing nerf combined with a nerf to gen repair speed tools and perks.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

The bottom line here is that there is no world in which is it ok for survivors to have a 35 second generator unless the killer can turn what would be normally 90 seconds on hook into 35 seconds. You have to say both are ok or neither is ok.

Can you imagine a killer perk that said : the first person hooked immediately goes to the second hook state? Lol. That is literally what Hyperfocus allows right now. Yea that's really fun to use as a survivor but it's not fun to play against as killer. That violates the rule of "fair play".

• Skill_issue
    Skill_issue Member Posts: 542

exactly this...the killer needs to spread pressure since they cant rely on gen defense perks like before. all it takes is for the killer to try to tunnel the wrong person and the rest of the team just gen rushes and gets out