The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lithe buff

Like balanced landing reduce fall stun, what if lithe increased survivors vault speed by 5 or 10%?

Comments

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384
    I would say that it would be fine if they did the 10% over the 5%. Maybe add the vault speed increase only if you're not exhausted though, because it would be a pain for 110% movement speed killers otherwise. Plus, it makes Bamboozle a cat and mouse combination. Its a good idea.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@WaffleFalafel said:
    I would say that it would be fine if they did the 10% over the 5%. Maybe add the vault speed increase only if you're not exhausted though, because it would be a pain for 110% movement speed killers otherwise. Plus, it makes Bamboozle a cat and mouse combination. Its a good idea.

Nah do it for all times. Also how would it hurt 110% movement speed killers? They lunge at the same speed and distance as normal killers.

• WaffleFalafel
    Poweas said:

Nah do it for all times. Also how would it hurt 110% movement speed killers? They lunge at the same speed and distance as normal killers.

Specifically Huntress and Leatherface. Yes, I know Leatherface isn't 110% movement speed, the problem though is that his biggest weakness is windows and buffing them only makes Jungle Gyms harder. As for Huntress, Hatchets would be much harder to hit if people could just croutch next to the window with a fast vault.
  • Poweas

@WaffleFalafel said:
    Poweas said:

Specifically Huntress and Leatherface. Yes, I know Leatherface isn't 110% movement speed, the problem though is that his biggest weakness is windows and buffing them only makes Jungle Gyms harder. As for Huntress, Hatchets would be much harder to hit if people could just croutch next to the window with a fast vault.

But it's just 10% faster it's not that much of a speed increase. You probably wouldn't notice the difference.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited December 2018

@WaffleFalafel said:
    Poweas said:

I don't think 10% increase would really affect The Huntress that much, if at all. Maybe it might affect Leatherface, but you are already basically screwed if they were vaulting while using your chainsaw so I don't see how this would make a difference.

• WaffleFalafel

I don't think 10% increase would really affect The Huntress that much, if at all. Maybe it might affect Leatherface, but you are already basically screwed if they were vaulting while using your chainsaw so I don't see how this would make a difference.

Doing a lunge is the problem, as buffing arguably his worst weakness is going to affect him at least some. Honestly I don't know how much 10% would affect window vaults, although I don't want it affecting the slow vaults in a chase as the killer caught you off guard and deserves a hit (I'm talking about Lithe affecting mindgames where a survivor would mess up and try vaulting).
  • GodDamn_Angela

@WaffleFalafel said:
    GodDamn_Angela said:

Doing a lunge is the problem, as buffing arguably his worst weakness is going to affect him at least some. Honestly I don't know how much 10% would affect window vaults, although I don't want it affecting the slow vaults in a chase as the killer caught you off guard and deserves a hit (I'm talking about Lithe affecting mindgames where a survivor would mess up and try vaulting).

I agree that it shouldn't affect slow vaulting. I don't use Leatherface a lot but I do face him a fair amount and I 100% know what you mean, but Leatherface needs help in multiple areas so I don't think this would make him any worse. You know, since he's already not good.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    So SB increases your ms by 2% as i stated in my post somewhere :D
  • GodDamn_Angela

@Milo said:
    So SB increases your ms by 2% as i stated in my post somewhere :D

I would 100% run it if it did. 2% isn't much but I love moving faster.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    I'd need either 30% medium vault speed increase. Would like to see it let you fast vault easier
  • Poweas

@thekiller490490 said:
    I'd need either 30% medium vault speed increase. Would like to see it let you fast vault easier

You sir, are a genius.

• Jake_Parks_prince
    Jake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218

i love this

• WaffleFalafel
    You're aware that because vaults were too strong the devs nerfed the vaulting speed and fast vault requirements, right? Are you also aware how much harder mindgames and the chase in general would become if almost every window became safe? A fast vault is .5 seconds. With a 30% to medium vaults, they become only .7 seconds long. This is ludicrous.