The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Controller ignored on lost focus?

Previously, I was able to interact with and pace through lobby/menus with my Xbox 360 or One controller even though my mouse was focused onto my secondary screen and browser window. That allowed me to be simultaneously productive, watching videos or reading/writing forums, while still matchmaking lobbies and commencing matches.

2.4.0 seems to have messed with that somewhat. The game under certain conditions no longer responses to my controller input when outside focus.

Anyway to shift behaviour back to before?

Comments

• Slay___
    Slay___ Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 898

I am no controller user so I can't help (mainly because Steam Controller does not work for some reason for this game).

But I am Windows user so I can suggest how to be productive while waiting for lobbies however..
    You can quickly alt+tab between game and other active Windows windows or use Steam overlay web browser but without Steam big picture if possible because that version of the web browser is not so good.

• riotangel
    riotangel Member Posts: 176
    edited December 2018

I already alt-tab to gain control of browser and other programs like Twitch or Discord. The point is I used to be able to interact with the game via my controllers despite that. It was highly convenient. Now that convenience is lost.

I have two monitors and the browser sits firmly in the secondary monitor (with plenty of long-running tabs with Tweetdeck, Steam forums, youtube, etc and including to this web site), so I won't ever use Steam overlay for browsing.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

I noticed this change, too, as a fellow controller user on PC. Sucks that they did that, 'cause it made it nice to not HAVE to alt-tab back and forth to hit ready.

• riotangel
    riotangel Member Posts: 176

Looks like the (good) old behaviour is back with 2.5 :)