If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How do i unlock my FPS?

Options

Just got a 144hz monitor for the first time in my life and i would love to play DBD at a higher FPS on my new monitor. Can anyone tell me how to unlock my frame rate since the devs dont give us the option in game?

Comments

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

bump

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    edited December 2018
    Options
    AppData/Local/DeadByDaylight/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor 
    Open the file Gameusersettings.ini and edit the value of "FrameRateLimit“ to 144

Also change" bUseVSync" to False
  • SadonicShadow
    edited December 2018
    Options

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Open the file Gameusersettings.ini and edit the value of "FrameRateLimit“ to 144

Where do i find the AppData folder at?

Edit: I found it.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

You should be aware that this procedure might get you banned.
    BHVR cant guarantee anything if you mess with the gamefiles and if EAC detects you, then youw ill get perma banned

Just fyi :wink:

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Master said:

BHVR cant guarantee anything if you mess with the gamefiles and if EAC detects you, then youw ill get perma banned

BHVR should seriously give us advanced graphics options in the main menu. Absolutely no excuse we have to tinker with ini files and what not to do something that should be included in the game to begin with.

• Master
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

@Master said:

BHVR should seriously give us advanced graphics options in the main menu. Absolutely no excuse we have to tinker with ini files and what not to do something that should be included in the game to begin with.

Yes they should and there is absolutely no excuse why there are no graphic settings.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Why does everyone write 'bump' on their posts #########?

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@Master said:

You have been on the forums long enough to know that this won't get you banned so why say it?

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589
    Options

@Poweas said:
    Why does everyone write 'bump' on their posts #########?

To put it back to the top of the list.
    Annoys me as much as "F" on facebook posts!!!! Theres a option to follow....ARRRGHHH click it

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Zanfer said:

@Master said:

You have been on the forums long enough to know that this won't get you banned so why say it?

Because EAC is a program that receives regular updates and should one of those updates pick up on your edited files and ban you for it, BHVR won't do jack #########.

• Master
    Options

@Zanfer said:

@Master said:

Thats why I said "might". The mods even pointed exactly that out a few days ago. By editing the files you run into the risk being detected by EAC and BHVR wont do anything if that happens. Whether the risk of losing your accound is worth unlocking fps, thats up to everyone else to decide.

But I believe that everyone should be given the information at least.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    Thaznar said:

@SadonicShadow said:
    Just got a 144hz monitor for the first time in my life and i would love to play DBD at a higher FPS on my new monitor. Can anyone tell me how to unlock my frame rate since the devs dont give us the option in game?

Don't do it - there is no real benefit from unlocking your FPS and on top of that it is extremly taxing on your graphics card for no real reason. The game is fine at 60-62 FPS just disable vsync to make it even better.

For disabling v sync u need to edit that file anyway tho 
  • dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 567
    Options

@Master said:

no it wont. its just the fps. ive been doing it for over a year! its just disabling vsync and the limit.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 567
    Options

@Thaznar said:

Thaznar said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Don't do it - there is no real benefit from unlocking your FPS and on top of that it is extremly taxing on your graphics card for no real reason. The game is fine at 60-62 FPS just disable vsync to make it even better.

For disabling v sync u need to edit that file anyway tho 

No, to disable vsync you need to edit Usergamesettings.ini and to unlock FPS you need to paste something in the Engine.ini

no you dont thats the old method. you just edit what he said

• Master
    Options

@dannyfrog87 said:

@Master said:

no it wont. its just the fps. ive been doing it for over a year! its just disabling vsync and the limit.

Well guess the mods are wrong then :wink:

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Thaznar said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Already did it yesterday. Running the game on low i get between 100 - 120 fps. With my 144hz monitor the difference was immense. Everything runs like butter and it has vastly improved my ability to hit great skill checks. If you have the hardware and the monitor to leverage it, it is worth it for sure.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Master said:

This procedure shouldn't get you banned so far from what i have seen people have been using it and i don't see a single thing about them coming back saying they have been banned for it.

I have even looked onto an old reddit post from 2017 and someone asked the same thing. People have come forward saying that they have had their fps unlocked since 2017 and nothing has happened, even peanits has come out to say that they won't ban you for it. Now the best bet is too ask peanits himself and see for yourself.

• Orion
    Options

@Detective_Jonathan said:

@Master said:

This procedure shouldn't get you banned so far from what i have seen people have been using it and i don't see a single thing about them coming back saying they have been banned for it.

You can't discuss bans on the forum. Threads like that usually get closed and/or deleted. Regardless, if EAC gets twitchy and triggers a ban because of those file modifications, you're #########.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Options

@Orion said:

@Master said:

You can't discuss bans on the forum. Threads like that usually get closed and/or deleted. Regardless, if EAC gets twitchy and triggers a ban because of those file modifications, you're [BAD WORD].

If that's the case then how come no one has come forward saying they have banned? So far it's only been people asking it they'll get banned for it.

• Master
    Options

@Master said:

I have even looked onto an old reddit post from 2017 and someone asked the same thing. People have come forward saying that they have had their fps unlocked since 2017 and nothing has happened, even peanits has come out to say that they won't ban you for it. Now the best bet is too ask peanits himself and see for yourself.

I am just repeating the official statement frmo BHVR.

I have seen people straight out using cheats and not getting banned for it, just fyi EAC is a joke.

peanits will tell you the same btw

• Orion
    Options

@Orion said:

@Master said:

You can't discuss bans on the forum. Threads like that usually get closed and/or deleted. Regardless, if EAC gets twitchy and triggers a ban because of those file modifications, you're [BAD WORD].

If that's the case then how come no one has come forward saying they have banned? So far it's only been people asking it they'll get banned for it.

Like I said, threads discussing bans usually get closed and/or deleted. Furthermore, it's just an "if". Nobody was banned for using a specific wiggle/struggle macro either, until they were.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Options

@Master said:

@Master said:

I have seen people straight out using cheats and not getting banned for it, just fyi EAC is a joke.

Link me the official statement from BHVR

• Master
    Options

@Master said:

@Master said:

The devstream where they explained the new report system

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@Orion said:

@Zanfer said:

@Master said:

Because EAC is a program that receives regular updates and should one of those updates pick up on your edited files and ban you for it, BHVR won't do jack #########.

I have seen many people uncap frames and not be banned so highly unlikely something so minor would be detected by EAC

• Master
    Options

@Zanfer said:

@Orion said:

@Zanfer said:

@Master said:

I have seen many people uncap frames and not be banned so highly unlikely something so minor would be detected by EAC

I have seen many people use MLGA and not be banned, yet the devs say that its usage is not allowed.
    I have seen many people use cheats and not be banned, I still have a cheater I added after he used unlimited dead hard..... he still plays DBD from time to time

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

You know, EAC is a "dumb" program which basically does 3 things:

1) check any running executable on your system if its hash equals a known program on the blacklist, if it does, ban the player
    2) run a kernel mode driver in the background preventing any hooks into the running game executable / its used libraries
    3) check if any specific in-game values hardcoded by the devs get reached, triggered etc. (e.g. if I have to guess, bloodpoints > 1000000 apart from BP you get from customer support, more than 4 perks equipped, ... )

It won't ban you because of a change in this specific USER config file because the exact same file is edited by the game when you change any of your settings (e.g. graphics, audio, ...) so even when the game edits any value, the resulting hash is completely different and thus it is very unreasonable / nearly impossible to generate all possible hashes of every possible option and its values, and this in combination with all other options.
    (also keep in mind inside this file, it also saves user-specific settings like screen resolution etc. so in theory creating a database of all possible hashes is impossible because you cannot account for every possible value (users with very strange/uncommon screen resolutions would get banned for nothing, even when not editing the file, simple as that...)

Btw. ... a friend told me all this information ;)

Stay safe out there.
    Snapshot

• Detective_Jonathan
    Options

@Master said:

@Master said:

@Master said:

The devstream where they explained the new report system

I said link, not tell me where you got the information from.