The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Merciless Storm

Ronaldo
Ronaldo Member Posts: 69

Why haven't this perk been kill switch. I was playing with some friends yesterday and I did two gens in which Merciless Storm cause the gen to go down to 0 percent. People are still abusing it.

Comments

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,193

If the perk isn't actively setting the servers on fire or something then they don't killswitch it. I like how they used the Breakdown bug as an example of something the killswitch could be used for, but I doubt they'd actually killswitch Breakdown if the bug happened today.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 146

It's mad that it's still a thing. I happened to come across it while doing an old tome challenge of Have you or Any Other Survivor complete 12 gens in total or something along those lines this weekend. We did a little over the equivalent of 9 gens altogether that game before we eventually were all killed!

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Until they do, here's advice: Let go. No, really. Just let go rather than try hitting the skillchecks. It will block for 20 seconds, but no progress will be lost.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,166

I've seen the bug on The Twitter but I have yet to actually encounter it myself so I do wonder if it's not a widespread thing or something. But I literally have yet to play against someone running it (which is weird to me since usually people will jump on bugs like this if it gives them an advantage) so I don't know if it's every single Merciless doing it or if it's a weird and uncommon combo that does it or what is up with it.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    edited April 2023

Lol complaining about merciless? Seriously? If it's a bug, ok I understand, but if it isn't a bug... Bro just get good, it's too easy merciless storm

EDIT: Sorry, reading some comments fast I thought you complained about the perk and not for a bug. My bad

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

yeah i didn't realize mercliess storm was bugged till someone told me on my stream...

So i accidentally used that perk One time and yeah... can't defend this perk,

needa be killswitched.. It's also broken on the PTB where if you hit the skillchecks you lose 10% of the gen progress per skillcheck hit.. lol

• WMBunt
    WMBunt Member Posts: 14

The number of killers actively choosing to continue to run this perk would be funny if it weren't just an indication of how much it needs to be killswitched until it gets fixed and how much BHVR just doesn't care.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,158

I honestly didnt even know this perk was bugged, since I typically use it on some Killers to try and get Generator grabs.

Now knowing this, I feel bad. It definitely should be killswitched like it was before.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

strangely all killer using this bug are in anonymous mode. like they knew what they are doing.

• Adagio_InDminor
    Adagio_InDminor Member Posts: 27

Why hasn't this been killswitched? It's utterly riculous!

• Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405

Still nothing BHVR?

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,316
    edited April 2023

BHVR are you actually going to continue to idly sit by doing nothing while this bug continues to be exploited and promote negative gameplay?

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729

They're waiting for the Sadako sales to go down before they killswitch it, duh.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,967

I think the devs want this

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913

Yeah, I've seen this, too, both as killer and survivor.

While I appreciate the surprise buff considering how easily Merciless can be countered, they forgot to mention it in the most recent patch notes.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,482

I'm convinced at this point there has to be a spaghetti code reason this hasn't been killswitched??