Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Another one! Proposed Hex totem change!

A common theme I see on the forums is that the game goes by too fast, especially without hex ruin; and I agree.

A possible way to slow down the game would be this:

When A dull totem is cleansed, within a small time frame (45 seconds?) The totem is restored back to an uncleansed state by the entity

Every time a Hex totem is cleansed, It is restored in 40 seconds at a new location, of a standing  dull totem.

If no dull totems are presant, the hex will not re appear, and dull totems will remain cleansed.

Hexes which work off of tokens, Like Hex: Devour hope, will be regressed to Tier 1 of their effects, upon being cleansed and re-appearing. 

Hexes Like Hex: Thrill of the hunt, Will regain tokens as dull totems are restored.

Hexes Like Hex: Haunted ground will remain single use.

This would also buff up perks like Small Game, and Detectives Hunch Indirectly (AND make them valuble) , as well as map items that let you track the Killer's belongings. 

It would also give the survivors a psudeo-secondary objective: Ensure a cleansed Hex Totem remains cleansed.

Discuss pls.

Comments

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Direct nerf to noed as well... which they buffed last patch

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    A common theme I see on the forums is that the game goes by too fast, especially without hex ruin; and I agree.

When A dull totem is cleansed, within a small time frame (45 seconds?) The totem is restored back to an uncleansed state by the entity

Every time a Hex totem is cleansed, It is restored in 40 seconds at a new location, of a standing  dull totem.

If no dull totems are presant, the hex will not re appear, and dull totems will remain cleansed.

Hexes which work off of tokens, Like Hex: Devour hope, will be regressed to Tier 1 of their effects, upon being cleansed and re-appearing. 

Hexes Like Hex: Thrill of the hunt, Will regain tokens as dull totems are restored.

This would also buff up perks like Small Game, and Detectives Hunch Indirectly (AND make them valuble) , as well as map items that let you track the Killer's belongings. 

It would also give the survivors a psudeo-secondary objective: Ensure a cleansed Hex Totem remains cleansed.

Discuss pls.

"If no dull totems are presant, the hex will not re appear, and dull totems will remain cleansed."
    So basically this means hex won't spawn anymore, did I understand you correctly?
    SWF can do coordinate cleansing to remove hex respawning, while solos "suffer" most likely with "permanent" hex totems.
    It's a nice idea to fix totems, but it will only open more the gab between solos and swfs. And I would like not to promote that swfs is  even more easier than solo as it already is 
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Nick said:

Direct nerf to noed as well... which they buffed last patch

It's a buff for noed. 
  • Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65
    edited December 2018

I already posted something like this on Balance Feedback and this is "General" topic.
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/37028/hex-perk#latest

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

That makes Devour Hope pretty insane.
    Losing the M1 1-hit ability's bad for any Killer who isn't Hillbilly & running this, but once you have 5 Tokens, you'll either be guaranteed to kill them or just watch over the one you just downed and then wait for 1 seconds min. & 40 seconds max.
    Whether you can afford that time is up to you, but sit through it and you'll guarantee yourself a kill anyway.
    Rather than reducing Token-based Hex Perks by a Tier, i suggest they should lose a Token or 2.

On another note, reducing it to Tier 1 barely affects Huntress Lullaby.

• jaerthebear
    jaerthebear Member Posts: 212

Discuss pls.

"If no dull totems are presant, the hex will not re appear, and dull totems will remain cleansed."
    So basically this means hex won't spawn anymore, did I understand you correctly?
    SWF can do coordinate cleansing to remove hex respawning, while solos "suffer" most likely with "permanent" hex totems.
    It's a nice idea to fix totems, but it will only open more the gab between solos and swfs. And I would like not to promote that swfs is  even more easier than solo as it already is 
    Yes, you understood correctly.

And that is true, it would make solos have a harder time , while almost not effecting swf at all.

I still think, that its kindof a cool idea though xp