If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Will bans ever come to console?

Options
Before you say anything, dont say SoonTM. I would like a reasonable answer, like the mid chapter patch or next chapter patch. As of now they don’t do anything, and the realm of Xbox and PS4 has yet to be cleansed. 

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

.SoonTM.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    Yes.....eventually 
  • Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    Options
    Lmao after 2 years of the game’s release console still gets no bans for toxic players that’s why it’s so wild rn.

L for console players including myself. :^(((
  • towhead
    towhead Member Posts: 61
    Options
    Before you say anything, dont say SoonTM. I would like a reasonable answer, like the mid chapter patch or next chapter patch. As of now they don’t do anything, and the realm of Xbox and PS4 has yet to be cleansed. 

how about you learn to get over it?  seriously.  what other aspects of your life do you attempt to apply such coping skills?
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838
    Options

No.
    The answer will be no, I've stated before as a devout PS4 gamer Sony will not approve of bans, MAAAAAAAAYBE minute or hourly bans but there is no such thing as perma-bans on PlayStation.
    I've been reported various times for Call of Duty Zombie exploits and no ban, not even a message or threat.
    On PS4, no such bans will exist.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@ReneAensland said:
    No.
    The answer will be no, I've stated before as a devout PS4 gamer Sony will not approve of bans, MAAAAAAAAYBE minute or hourly bans but there is no such thing as perma-bans on PlayStation.
    I've been reported various times for Call of Duty Zombie exploits and no ban, not even a message or threat.

Yet Sony and Xbox have already entered into agreements with BHVR to allow them to do console bans and the only thing holding it up is the holiday crunch.

@GT_Legend2 They expect it to be ready sometime in the next few weeks hopefully it's just with the holidays and tight schedule it pushed it back some.

• ReneAensland
    Options

@powerbats said:

@ReneAensland said:
    No.

Yet Sony and Xbox have already entered into agreements with BHVR to allow them to do console bans and the only thing holding it up is the holiday crunch.

@GT_Legend2 They expect it to be ready sometime in the next few weeks hopefully it's just with the holidays and tight schedule it pushed it back some.

lol links please.

• powerbats
    Options

@ReneAensland said:

@powerbats said:

@ReneAensland said:
    No.

lol links please.

I believe that was discussed during the last dev stream and perhaps @Orion could give you the specific timestamp and or when they most recently discussed this.

It might also have been @Peanits that commented on it since the question had been asked or @not_Queen posted about it. But it was addressed that it was in fact coming they were just ironing out the kinks.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@powerbats said:

@ReneAensland said:

@powerbats said:

@ReneAensland said:
    No.

lol links please.

I believe that was discussed during the last dev stream and perhaps @Orion could give you the specific timestamp and or when they most recently discussed this.

It might also have been @Peanits that commented on it since the question had been asked or @not_Queen posted about it. But it was addressed that it was in fact coming they were just ironing out the kinks.

I can't give anything. Last I heard there was no ETA, but they were actively working on getting console bans.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options
    Nice, can’t wait to be banned because salty survivors make ######### up or complain that being killed in the game is “harassment”.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    Nice, can’t wait to be banned because salty survivors make ######### up or complain that being killed in the game is “harassment”.

The devs aren't Microsoft. Bans are not automatically handed out after a certain number of reports.

• towhead
    Options
    powerbats said:

@ReneAensland said:
    No.

lmao.  i love watching everyone wring their hands and clutch their pearls while clucking like hens about how they shall be vindicated via bans.  "they quit a game because i tunneled them off the hook!  no fair!"

keep ruminating, kids.  been hearing this noise since day one.  approximately 80% of the community qualifies for bans.
  • towhead
    Options
    what will be ban worthy in the opinion of the rabble then?
  • powerbats
    Options

Oh good grief the whiny childishness of some of you on here, oh no I'm going to be banned for false reports, what rubbish. The only ones that say that nonsense most of the time and that most of the community deserves to be punished are those that actually have been doing something wrong.

In over 30 years of gaming I've never once been falsely banned ever for the childish rubbish I'm seeing spouted here. The rabble doesn';t determine what's ban worthy either and all the people spituting the nonsense know it.

If anything they're just spouting that nonsense because they've probably done something ban worthy so they can complain they got unfairly banned. If you've done nothing wrong you won't get coal in your email inbox but judging by some of your posts you're getting a very large chunk of coal soon.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

It took about a year to add them to PC. I'm guessing summer but really its just a guess.

Survivors working with killer is the worst grrrrr.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options
    powerbats said:

Oh good grief the whiny childishness of some of you on here, oh no I'm going to be banned for false reports, what rubbish. The only ones that say that nonsense most of the time and that most of the community deserves to be punished are those that actually have been doing something wrong.

In over 30 years of gaming I've never once been falsely banned ever for the childish rubbish I'm seeing spouted here. The rabble doesn';t determine what's ban worthy either and all the people spituting the nonsense know it.

If anything they're just spouting that nonsense because they've probably done something ban worthy so they can complain they got unfairly banned. If you've done nothing wrong you won't get coal in your email inbox but judging by some of your posts you're getting a very large chunk of coal soon.

I'll admit that I've done some things I shouldn't have done when I play DBD and I understand there are consequences for my actions. However, the amount of false reports I get by playing a strong killer is out of control @powerbats. Like we're talking about enough to discourage me to from even touching my killer because my reputation will plummet!
  • ReneAensland
    Options

@powerbats said:

@ReneAensland said:

@powerbats said:

@ReneAensland said:
    No.

lol links please.

So I'll refer to my previous comment.
    Bans will happen, but hourly bans, minute bans....no perma-bans unless you've been caught hacking (not exploiting), maybe we'll get some people in the forums that will be banned for a day, but no long-term bans.

I guarantee it.
    (For PlayStation, I know Microsoft is more ban-friendly)

• powerbats
    Options

@Nickenzie @ReneAensland

Some things perhaps you're both not aware of.

1. False reports won't get you banned and while it sometimes happens it's a problem the larger companies have due to their size. BHVR is a long way off from having 30 million + active users let alone 5 million at once and thus all their reports are manually reviewed.

2. Just because someone says they're going to report you doesn't mean they're actually going to do so, oftentimes they're just blowing off steam or they don't follow through.

3. If someone spams a lot of false reports they're account gets flagged and if it's often enough they end up getting either a warning and or a ban.

4. Hourly and minute bans are a lot harder to do as in the moment it happens but eventually they'll be able to have soft bans happen for that.

5. Forums bans have happened both temporary and permanent bans but any forum bans on Sony or Xbox forums are outside BHVR's control.

6. Ignore the haters that give you a bad rep they're just doing that to appease themselves and it happens in every gaming community. You can also report them for it if they're doing it simply to bm you or just set your profile to private.

7. This is happening it's all down to dotting the T's and crossing the I's right now and it won't finish being set up until after the new year.