matchmaking is unfair, unbalanced and unbelievably bad

before we start, there’s something i would like to make clear of. i’m not the best at the game, nor am i bad would i say… i’m pretty intermediate i would like to think, and so you would think my solo q teammates would be roughly around my level. i don’t think so whatever. i’m not trying to say i’m better than them, however my decisions during these games are far better than what i see in solo q.

how is it when i play survivor, i got the worst teammates on earth who don’t sit on gens, can’t survive for longer than 5 seconds, don’t go for saves, stand and stare at nothing whenever another survivor goes down, whenever they hear so much as a slight change in terror radius they hide… etc etc, and pretty much whatever you can think a botty teammate would do. not only that, the killer i get is clearly always out my mmr, they are soooo much better than me i can admit and so i don’t see why they would be within my mmr.

on the flip side, whenever i play killer, i get the sweatiesr, highest mmr, comp level style players in the world. they do gens within 5 seconds of the game, they can run me a long time, they take me to parts of the map where the gens aren’t and where i shouldn’t chase them, are super smart in chase, etc etc and again anything you would associate with like comp style players. i am not a good killer by any means. my mmr should be low for killer, however it is far far far too high. i’ve raised all these when the player satisfaction survey came out, and i’ve raised it every time satisfaction surveys come out. it isn’t fair.

im not saying i should escape every survivor game, or get a 4k every killer game, but i can never escape as survivor because gens take years to get done… and i can never even get one kill because gens and gates are opened within 2m of the game! i have to battle with my life to even get 1k and even that’s not enough because i get the smartest survivors ever.

matchmaking, specifically the mmr system, still is a bad thing. the devs are aware of it i believe but i don’t know what has been done about it.

Comments

• dollidahlia
    dollidahlia Member Posts: 343

You can’t win every game, that’s what I tell myself. You will get frustrated but the best thing we can do is just tell ourselves that we can’t win all games and that we can try winning the next one.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

This has been obvious for a long time. Often times there is a huge deficit of killer players, so to prevent queue times from being excessively long for survivors, killers will get matched with the next team in line regardless of MMR scores. This is especially true during peaks times when there are way more survivors playing with their friends. Best chance for decent matchmaking is during off-peak times if you’re able to play then

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 415

There's no ideal solution. They've tried multiple different ways of matchmaking, and they way it is right now is the way the community prefers. If they tighten up matchmaking, it leads to longer queue times for everyone.

It also works pretty well more often than not. You're just focusing on when it doesn't.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868

Technically the SBMM is developed very well. Thing was the end result. Especially in higher MMR it turned into:

• Mostly facing same killers (Nurse, Blight,Spirit)
    • Chance of getting matched with very egoistic survivors was damn increased (only go for hatch because of a single misplay)
    • Mostly same scenarios (You queue as survivor to get tunneled and camped out of the game within 3 minutes while you waited 10 in queue)
    • Mostly facing the same peoples
  • shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,512

Somewhere out there a Killer is 4king every game and a Survivor is escaping every match. That's BVHR's balancing methodology, miserable for half the players, easy for the other half.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

It's not that MMR is a bad thing, it's just that MMR literally doesn't work for 99% of times.

The population gap is still huge despite 6.1 dropped, probably it's because SO MUCH has changed in favor of survivors to the point population difference has been pretty much reverted.

• coolgue1
    coolgue1 Member Posts: 99

yes off peek time is light the only way a new player can play or just die every round over and over it not fun when out of 50 games you have 2-5 wins no-one going to continue playing sweat lobbies when the killers tuning are based on the HIGH MMR survivors and the new player suffer with god killers