If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

My research on memes focused on the Dead By Daylight community

Options

Hi everybody!

If you are a regular DBD Reddit user you may have seen earlier this year that I made a Survey Monkey questionnaire about a lot of things in regards to memes on our sub Reddit.

(You can look at it here! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R9YW2C7 I'm not taking answers anymore as I already wrote the research paper! : D )

My research question was focused on how humans form connections with each other through the form of memes as communication, so for example people trading memes as a way of talking to each other and verbalising ideas or gameplay that they were frustrated with.

This was particularly interesting to look at through Dead by Daylight because during the time I wrote this memes were becoming a pressing issue as the community began to grow more and more, and people began to shitpost and drown all the other content with memes (Not to say that still isn't an issue, but it has certainly improved!). On reflection, I was in a way, looking at how people felt when it came to memes on the sub Reddit and how powerfully ideas could be communicated through these memes and whether they were more effective at getting the attention of developers than simple rant posts.

Enjoy! I hope my writing isn't too confusing or boring, and if you have any queries/comments feel free to chat with me!

Comments