If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Is pointing at a killer toxic?

Options
Poweas
Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I do it all the time and end up getting tunnelled like mad. Is it toxic to point at a killer when they get a mental hitbox hit on me or if I don't want them to chase me or just for memes? I do it all the time for fun and most the time a killer takes it as a joke but sometimes they get so angry. Should I stop or is it just the few who misunderstand me?

Comments

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

When survivors point at me i think it means they want me to look the other way.

perhaps some killers take it as a taunt just like teabagging.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options
    I tunnle they guys who do that because they usaly run bond and as such are screwing over there team
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options
    Poweas said:

I do it all the time and end up getting tunnelled like mad. Is it toxic to point at a killer when they get a mental hitbox hit on me or if I don't want them to chase me or just for memes? I do it all the time for fun and most the time a killer takes it as a joke but sometimes they get so angry. Should I stop or is it just the few who misunderstand me?

It depends on the context clues of the situation. I usually don't see a reason why a survivor would point at me after every pallet stun so I'll take it as an insult while walking up to me and pointing at me is a friendly sign.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited December 2018
    Options

Definitely not, if they are offended by that it's because they are snowflakes.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,211
    Options

Is crouching above the corpse of an enemy toxic?
    I think its more the intend or interpreted intend of an action that matters. Or how we've been condtioned to interpret any action.

Teabagging is considered toxic because the internet has told us its bad behaviour. The same can happen to the pointing action because of the lack of emtoes in this game

• Poweas
    Options

@redsopine01 said:
    I tunnle they guys who do that because they usaly run bond and as such are screwing over there team

Well if you face me, please don't because I never screw over my team and just do it for shits and giggles.

• Poweas
    Options

@Theluckyboi said:

Some killers to that and nod at me lol it's one of the few times solo survivor is fun.

• redsopine01
    Options
    Poweas said:

@Theluckyboi said:

Some killers to that and nod at me lol it's one of the few times solo survivor is fun.

I tried once when I had a triple dc game to farm with the killer they said no
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

I tend to let a lot of survivors live since you can get just over 29k bp with only 2 hooking everyone. I notice people I let live usually point to me before they leave. Take it as a friendly thing. If they want to get tunnelled they can Tbag.

• Poweas
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Poweas said:

It depends on the context clues of the situation. I usually don't see a reason why a survivor would point at me after every pallet stun so I'll take it as an insult while walking up to me and pointing at me is a friendly sign.

I point at them only when I get a massive hitbox hit on me and they can't reach me (ie behind a window) and point at them to say, hey... that wasn't fair or if they keep tunnelling me. Sometimes I do it when I'm on a gen and I want them to go away lol.

• Poweas
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Might_Oakk said:
    I tend to let a lot of survivors live since you can get just over 29k bp with only 2 hooking everyone. I notice people I let live usually point to me before they leave. Take it as a friendly thing. If they want to get tunnelled they can Tbag.

YES YOU ARE MY DREAM KILLER (To face) I NEED TO FACE PEOPLE LIKE YOU LOL. All I get are Wraiths who love to come smack me and then leave me even though they committed to me lol.

• Poweas
    Options

@redsopine01 said:
    Poweas said:

@Theluckyboi said:

I tried once when I had a triple dc game to farm with the killer they said no

Tbh I just let them kill me.

• Poweas
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    Definitely not, if they are offended by that it's because they are snowflakes.

Ty I'll make sure to tell them that when they roast me lol.

• redsopine01
    Options
    @Poweas what do you play on?
  • Poweas
    Options

@redsopine01 said:
    @Poweas what do you play on?

PC currently, but I'm maxed out on xbox.

• redsopine01
    Options
    Damn I was gonna say if on ps4 I'd give you some kyf games with my friends so you can get better
  • Poweas
    Options

@redsopine01 said:
    Damn I was gonna say if on ps4 I'd give you some kyf games with my friends so you can get better

Sorry. On console I'm pretty much the best you can get though, since on controller my 360's are on point and it saves me so much that I have 5 gen long chases into adrenaline. This is different on PC though since 360's are stupidly hard and I gotta rely on luck.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Poweas said:

Yes thats BM if you ask me. (unless you are pointing at me while doing a gen with another sheep or sth like that)

• Master
    Options

@Poweas said:

@redsopine01 said:

Sorry. On console I'm pretty much the best you can get though, since on controller my 360's are on point and it saves me so much that I have 5 gen long chases into adrenaline. This is different on PC though since 360's are stupidly hard and I gotta rely on luck.

The difference is that on PC, killers dont have potato controller aim and dont have to play with ######### fps, so they can deal with 360s better.

• Poweas
    Options

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@redsopine01 said:

The difference is that on PC, killers dont have potato controller aim and dont have to play with ######### fps, so they can deal with 360s better.

I'll try a few controller games on PC and I'll tell you how much spins I get. If I can get more then 5 in those few games (that's 3 btw) then controllers are OP for 360's

• Master
    Options

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@redsopine01 said:

I'll try a few controller games on PC and I'll tell you how much spins I get. If I can get more then 5 in those few games (that's 3 btw) then controllers are OP for 360's

And you can totally do that, as survivor you dont need the aiming precision of mouse

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Excessive pointing usually is an alternative to teabagging.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    Nope. 
    I usually take it a few ways.

1: they're trying to sell out someone. I ignore it.
    2: they want me to move another direction. Unless we're goofing around and farming, I ignore it.
    3: they're wanting me to chase them.

But in the end, I have no clue what they want with the pointing. It's not as clear as tbagging.

• redsopine01
    Options
    I assume if there pointing then there selling out a team mate
  • redsopine01
    Options
    Though if it's a one man load in I might farm so we both pip
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Options
    I take it as a friendly gesture.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

If we are farming, I take is as they want me to down and hook them so their partners can unhook. If I get a good group, they usually rotate through one another.

If there is no farm and the survivor is juking or pallet stuns me ,then points, it's probably meant as a taunt, in which case I tunnel and camp. Post game chat usually validates that response because those are the ones that follow up with racial slurs or commands for me to commit suicide.

• Poweas
    Options

@Attackfrog said:
    If we are farming, I take is as they want me to down and hook them so their partners can unhook. If I get a good group, they usually rotate through one another.

If there is no farm and the survivor is juking or pallet stuns me ,then points, it's probably meant as a taunt, in which case I tunnel and camp. Post game chat usually validates that response because those are the ones that follow up with racial slurs or commands for me to commit suicide.

Some people just do it for shits and giggles though. I'd only tunnel and camp if they teabag excessively.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

No, it's not toxic, some people just get triggered over anything, especially in recent years.

• Poweas
    Options

@Boss said:
    No, it's not toxic, some people just get triggered over anything, especially in recent years.

Ok the majority of responses have said it's not toxic I think so I will keep doing it.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Make sure to do that to a Clown with a mori.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    Options

Make sure to do that to a Clown with a mori.

Just giving him some sneak peaks at his new collectors piece eh?
  • wladimiiir
    wladimiiir Member Posts: 142
    Options
    I see it as an opposite of tbagging. Something like "You...you...I see what you are doing there." I play very fair and friendly killer so that's my explanation :D