If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Why not lock out certain perks on characters if the majority run them

Options
To clarify I mean say most of your characters have self care and urban evasion now imaging a third of them being unable to use thoese 2 same for killer so we shake up the meta and have new pkaystyles9

Comments

• CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    Options
    I refuse to run SC, SB, or DS because of how many people use them. Once you play the game long enough you start looking and finding other builds that work great for you. I love gen builds or Houdini builds nowadays. Next I want to try breakdown, boil over, and sabo for some fun off the shoulder moments. PS all of Jeff’s perks are amazing if you want to change things up, make a build out of some of his load out. Aftercare is probably my new favorite perk in the whole game, basically empathy, bond, and kindred in terms of knowing where your teammates are and where you need to be in order to be effective all in one. 
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options
    CrtKazz said:
    I refuse to run SC, SB, or DS because of how many people use them. Once you play the game long enough you start looking and finding other builds that work great for you. I love gen builds or Houdini builds nowadays. Next I want to try breakdown, boil over, and sabo for some fun off the shoulder moments. PS all of Jeff’s perks are amazing if you want to change things up, make a build out of some of his load out. Aftercare is probably my new favorite perk in the whole game, basically empathy, bond, and kindred in terms of knowing where your teammates are and where you need to be in order to be effective all in one. 
    Ikr I'm running him to try and help a friend get where did they go lol need to get it to tier 3
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Would be nice. It gets boring otherwise.
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,074
    Options

I don't think that would work. It's unnecessary restriction that many survivors will dislike. In my opinion, buffing weaker perks on both survivors and killers side is the way to go if we want more diversity in builds, which I'd love to see.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited December 2018
    Options

@ad19970 said:
    I don't think that would work. It's unnecessary restriction that many survivors will dislike. In my opinion, buffing weaker perks on both survivors and killers side is the way to go if we want more diversity in builds, which I'd love to see.

Exactly, not only that, but Removing SC actually causes more problems than it solves.
    Survivors become even more dependent on teammates, which further gives the edge to SWF's against solo's.

We don't need more of that.

@CrtKazz

I refuse to run SC, SB, or DS because of how many people use them.

Urban evasion being run so often is kind of an indicator that it should've been part of the base-kit of survivors, similarly to self-care.

Urban is basically the minimum you need to get your stealth-game going.
    Self-care is the basis of not being dependent on your teammates.

The game should've been balanced around those 2 being included in the base kit of survivors. (With a slightly increased "Walking" speed.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838
    Options

Save this idea for an official ranked play.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,074
    Options

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

@ad19970 said:

Exactly, not only that, but Removing SC actually causes more problems than it solves.
    Killers become even more dependent on teammates, which further gives the edge to SWF's against solo's.

Yes exactly. I've even seen the suggestion of having self care be base kit which I personally wouldn't mind, although I think adding Bond to the Base Kit is the far better way to go.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Though it'd make many more Survivors DC, and idk how the hell it would be implemented, i like the idea of a lobby not allowing the same Perk to be equipped more than once, meaning everyone has to have something different.
    It'd create a huge incentive to buff weak-ass Perks too.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited December 2018
    Options

Killers become even more dependent on teammates, which further gives the edge to SWF's against solo's.

Yes exactly. I've even seen the suggestion of having self care be base kit which I personally wouldn't mind, although I think adding Bond to the Base Kit is the far better way to go.

Closing the gap between Solo's and SWF's (: You nail it.

I think we have an easy time agreeing with each other.

Regarding Bond:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USzQikC8juk
    People would love that suggestion

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838
    Options

@Boss said:
    Though it'd make many more Survivors DC, and idk how the hell it would be implemented, i like the idea of a lobby not allowing the same Perk to be equipped more than once, meaning everyone has to have something different.

A self heal base kit idea.
    I'm honestly surprised no one has put your head on a chopping block.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

@ReneAensland said:

@Boss said:

And i'm surprised you're not gonna get banned for saying i should be dead by now.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited December 2018
    Options

It's because it's a great idea.

• redsopine01
    Options
    Ok to explain better I mean per player say you have 6 characters with it the rest of your characters cannot use it on film you take self care of one of the others 
  • redsopine01
    Options
    Also I said certain perks so people can't all run the meta perks selfcare is allowed and so is urban but sb bl iron ds would be lock outs
  • redsopine01
    Options
    Also to what others have said it could buff see since they have to make a choice on role more then picking who looks nice lol
  • Sel
    Sel Member Posts: 92
    Options

Schleep on this.