Stupid killer addons that just ruin the game

Options

I'm talking about Blight ring instantly resetting his already really powerful charge

Wraith being able to uncloak with 0 sound meaning you have no warning or chance to react to a hit - what is the point in this ? there is 0 counter play which means there is 0 fun in that and i'm constantly seeing players D/C or kill themselves on first hook when they get hit by this.

Huntress instant down - granted they have to hit you but when you're playing solo suvivor with bad players it's an automatic loss

Myers constant tier 3 etc etc

the game is already plagued with D/C and dying on first hook mostly due to your bad matchmaking system causing frustration so why make it worse with abilities that are just plain CHEAP and most of the time don't take any actual skill to use ?

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,414
    Options

Regarding Wraith, there's other tells you can listen out for. His breathing in particular.

• smartemarte
    smartemarte Member Posts: 254
    Options

that's no good if you're on a gen behind a wall or in a room etc, it's an automatic hit unless you have spine tingle, it's nothing but cheap

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,619
    Options

I would agree on those except for Wraith. You can hear him breath and there is also some "whooosh" sound when he uncloaks somewhat near you, so if you hear that but not the Bell you know that he has the Iri Add On and can look out more.

Hard agree on Blight, but BHVR seems to love him so much that he can only get Buffs but no Nerfs. Basically, every Killer Add-On-Nerf is a joke as long as Blight keeps his many broken Add-Ons.

Huntress - I agree that they should have done a different approach to Iri Head than just capping it at 1. The Add-On is equally boring and strong when she just comes close and throws at you in close range, 0 skill needed. I really wish they would have just put a range requirement to the Instadown and dont hard cap it at 1. Would be more interesting and fair.

Myers - you dont see many complaints about it, but this is one of his Add-Ons that needs to go. However, the reason why you dont see complaints is because you dont see many Myers-players and he is fairly weak (which is one of the reasons why he is so rare). They should really give him some love, remove his Add-Ons which are too strong (mainly unlimited Tier 3 and Tombstone Piece) and buff him in other aspects. He is so outdated, when I started playing he was considered an A-Tier Killer, nowadays people rank him as one of the weakest Killers.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

No offense but your post reeks of low MMR/playtime. I however will give you Alch Ring. This thing never should have existed and it's dumbfounding that it still is untouched after 3 years especially when so many weaker addons got nerfed in the meantime.

• imakepeoplehateme
    imakepeoplehateme Member Posts: 125
    Options

Blights ring is not even his strongest addon,and for it to do anything you need to get hit by a rush.I'm not saying its not strong,but C33 takes priority in getting nerfed,its way more opressive.On top of that adrenaline vile kinda gives you a better ring.

Myres perma tier 3 is weak.He gets no pressure,and before he gets tier 3 atleast 3 gens should have popped if not more.At that point insta downing does nothing.Once again there is a stronger addon to complain about,tombstone piece which deserves more attention.

Huntress only has one hatched,you dodge it and she is a 110 no power killer.She also has to reload A LOT which slows her down massively.Its downsides make it a very fair addon.She also can camp about the same with or without it if the player is good.

Regarding wraith... really?You can see the guy running across the map,you can hear his breathing,he makes a sound when he uncloackes so he should never get a grab,and after he gets his little jumpscare he becomes a regular killer with no power.

Your post screams lack of experience.

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 363
    Options

They paid the BP for it, they're of course going to use it. As for Huntress, if you let her get that close to you then pretend its Bubba or Billy because thats what happened. As for Myers, lockers counter his tombstones effect so this becomes a zoning/positioning issue.

I do agree Blights Ring is so oddly powerful and untouched, at least knock it down so you have to recharge 1 token at least.

• smartemarte
    smartemarte Member Posts: 254
    Options

about wraith ...

you can't see him if you're behind a wall, you can't hear anything if he's using the addon and you're on a gen ..... did you even read the post ?

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528
    Options

Survivors being able to instantly delete 25% of a gen and can be done with 4 survivors. Survivors being able to heal in 24 seconds in chase. Survivor addons are just as bad.

• imakepeoplehateme
    imakepeoplehateme Member Posts: 125
    Options

wraith has a REALLY loud breathing sound,its impossible not to hear him,and no addon affects his breathing.His counterplay is pretty simple look for gens with visibility you can see him shimmering ,after that once in chase just get good.He is a regular killer with almost no power to turn the tides.You can abuse every trick in the book to waste as much of his time as possible.

Its kinda like saying legion is overpowered for injuring people easily,thats what his power does he still needs to get the finishing blow with little to no help from his power.Wraith's power is designed to get the first hit easily,the bell only starts tolling once his unlocking is half way done,followed by a movement speed boost,if he uncloaks near you and the bell is what alerts you of his presence you would have gotten hit anyway,