If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Dying on hook in struggle mode due to a lag spike

Options

Anybody else tired of dying to a random lag spike in struggle mode? Wish there was a new struggle mode like just doing skill checks instead of having to mash my x button and hope a random lag spike doesn't end your game early. I know this can be an issue on ps4 can't speak for pc or x box. Hopefully this problem will be fixed when dedicated servers come out.

Comments

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

PC got it preset on the spacebar, the most treacherous key ever.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 993
    Options

I have never seen a lag spike cause struggle to break. It can go funky, but if you keep pressing X as normal, it works fine. Are you sure that it is not your Internet connection that is the problem? Are you on WiFi? 90% of time when there is a lag issue, it is because the killer, survivor, or both, are using a WiFi connection as opposed to a wired connection. And 9% of the time, the connection for one of the above is being over taxed (i.e. huge downloads or streaming). The remaining 1% is intentional lagg switching by the killer.

• splxc5
    splxc5 Member Posts: 2
    Options

@Kaelum I am on wired connection. I'll admit half of the time that it will happen in a lobby that is in yellow to red ping. Yes. I am one of those crazy survivors that will play in red ping if I get impatient enough. I can see it happening in red but I don't believe it should happen in yellow.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 993
    Options

@splxc5 then it is most likely a connection issue, which BHVR can’t really do anything about at this time. The dedicated servers will eliminate this issue, as long as the issue is not between you and the server. Until then, you might just want to be a little more picky about your lobbies. Personally, I drop if it is 130ms or higher, or bounces above ~150ms. Above that you’ll be experiencing a song from Cher....”If I could turn back time...”