How does my survivor mmr collapses from not playing but killer mmr does not?

So I stopped playing when knight came out.

Recently played again, I used to have both very high survivor and killer mmr.

I stop for 3-4 months, my survivor mmr gets gutted(why??) and I play with beginners and people who have no clue what they are doing again, just because I stopped playing for a few months(thats unheard of in any other game with a mmr system, by NO MEANS should it decay so much)

So I think well survivor solo is hell again even if I grinded it a lot cool, at least I can try out the new killer against newer survivors too right?

Well no, apparently only my survivor mmr changed. I still get death squads when I play killer like I never stopped playing.

Why?? How on earth is it working like seriousely? I can't have fun on EITHER side now? Jesus man, I play for 3 days in 4 months and I just wanna quit again.

Comments

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    xPrinceHarlequinx Member Posts: 180

I feel this. I took 6 months off and haven't seen a change in the survivors I've gotten. The MMR system was a bad idea to begin with but the inability to have it function properly makes it a miserable feature. It also makes you feel like you are being punished for doing well on the killer side, because this game is not balanced around high mmr or swfs. Should you go against a well coordinated team and you aren't playing nurse, spirit, or blight you are just kind of destined to lose because that is the design of the game.

I have been having a lot of luck with dredge though. His map pressure is pretty insane, and his playstyle is actually pretty unique and fun to pull off once you start getting him down.