Is Blight even stronger than Nurse right now? (1000 win in a row vs 400 win in a row)

Options
Piruluk
Piruluk Member Posts: 995

Especially after the Nurse nerf, I barely see her anymore, most of her addons arent that good anymore, and her blink attack is considered special, so no m1 perk works with her, on top of that her chase music is extremely annoying. I would say she is FINE now. Yeah extremely good players can make her work, but still most wont even touch her anymore.

While Blight has a very good base just like Nurse, however his biggest strength that most of his addons broken, and can carry players easily, just like Nurse was carried by perks and addons before her nerf. Another thing why the hell is that Blight has 115% speed? He isnt earning his power, and also has same speed like extremely bad killers (Trapper). I see Blight very often, and almost always destroying the team without any counterplay, once learned the basics, Blight is Overpowered.

Comments

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

Most of nurses power is in base kit. Blight can become 200-300% stronger based on the add-ons. At peak blight can compete with nurse, even though blight takes way more skill to be that good at.

Also blight has counterplay, but 99.9% of survivors don't know enough about him to abuse his intricate collision. Which you could say is too much for dbd players and I would agree but also whatever.

• devotedDBDenjoyer
    devotedDBDenjoyer Member Posts: 269
    Options

I don't think the winstreak should be indicative of which killer is better. However, I do think Nurse's nerf made Blight and Nurse noticeably closer in strength, although I still think base Nurse is better than base Blight. With addons... I don't know. I play neither with addons.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    edited April 2023
    Options

With add-ons I’d say blight but without them nurse beats him out

It’s also map dependent as blight has some pretty bad maps in terms of collision

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,569
    Options

Here's how it is.

Without add-ons, Nurse is stronger.

With add-ons, Blight is stronger.

There's more nuance to it than that, but that's the jist.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

Nurse is overall more powerful because she can break the rules of the trial. An excellent Nurse player is like a homing missile, which requires a lot of skill and even more luck to beat. Blight is powerful, but doesn't break the rules. He relies on speed and confusion, but a cool-headed player has more of a chance against a Blight.

As for the win streak, it is an impressive feat but people shouldn't look at it with the feeling one cracked player represents the majority average players out there. It's simply fallable to consider this representative of the playerbase.

Also, as a side, I'd like to see a streak to not include dc's. If one person throws their toys out the pram early on it cascades. Even as killer I don't consider those matches a win in the true sense; to quote a fun quote from Dr. WHO when the Cybermen asked the Daleks if they were willing to go to war with them, the Dalek replied: "This is not a war. This is pest control".

• Sava18
    Options

TBH the most impressive part of that win streak was his ability to tunnel every game from 5 gens without falter. I have tunneled twice in the last year as a blight main. Once for a really good team while I was tilted from league and once when I saw 4 med-kits with a garden offering. I guess a streamers chat is there to make up for the boredom hard tunneling every game as a good blight would create though. The only interesting part of dbd is chases. The macro can be learned easily and so can most mechanics. Chase is the hardest part of the game and tunneling half nullifies a survivors potential skill in chase.

• Sava18
    Options

Also one last comment. Nurse is way easier for the average player to pick up and due well vs decent teams. Blight takes hours of knowledge to pull off effectively on each loop/map. Nurse is realistically just muscle memory and safe blinking vs all but a few teams in dbd. I guess I get it if you can't nurse down somewhat in a few games but people who have come from other video games will for the most part.

What turns me off dbd killer right now is how survivors either don't know how to play vs blight or try to play vs blight like he is nurse. It honestly puts me off this game how bad the playerbase is on both sides. Yes, I know I am playing one of the few killers that actually has good skill expression and outplay potential, but if they just nerf a few add-ons for blight he is the perfect killer for people who want to express the most skill on both sides. That's not a statement, that's basically a fact.

• StickyB
    StickyB Member Posts: 96
    Options

Momo requires addons and perks, if you look at Knightlight (probs the best killer in dbd), he's on a 200+ streak with Nurse with no addons or perks. Nurse is just fundamentally the strongest killer. If you ask Momo to try and streak without perks or addons, I bet he'd have an extremely hard time getting close to 100 let alone 1000

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995
    Options

But its default thing to assume that every killer bring their best addons and perks.

So Blight need adjustment no matter what

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

That’s where I’m at too, I cannot fathom committing to that play style for THAT long. I would be bored out of my mind. Not to mention… if you can read chat all game during a winstreak, that says enough in itself. 😂

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

Blight has never been close to Nurse's level and still is not. 1k winstreak has always been possible with every killer in the roster, just needs an unhealthy amount of motivation and to be willing to one-trick the same one killer for months.

• BooomTetris
    BooomTetris Member Posts: 57
    Options

I asked Momo few weeks ago what kind of a monster SWF ended his earlier streaks, a team with 12 BNPs? He said he played differently (no tunneling from the beginning). Plus the amount of people who gave up was ridiculous.

I'm a Blight main, I admit some of his add-ons (C33 and Ring) needs nerfs/adjustments, but not because someone won 1000 games in a row (with complete another add-ons)

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,382
    Options

Does anyone really care which killer is better without addons or perks? When is that ever relevant? If people want to play to win, they'll play with addons.

• StickyB
    Options

I agree, he definitely needs adjusting from what he is now. His addons bring him to, as shown, impossible to beat in the right hands.

• StickyB
    Options

It's relevant to have someway of comparing. Knightlight plays to win and is on a huge streak easily.

How do you compare the two killers if not to start with a baseline. Who loses their streak first?

If you're comparing with addons and perks then it's just what knightlight is currently doing but amplified significantly.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

You forgot that the win streak takes place on the U.S East Coast. Can say from personal experience and multiple of my friends that the average skill of survivors on the east coast is that of a toaster. Perhaps if it was EU you would have a point where dbd seems much more competitive there, therefor more extremely coordinated teams.

Also about "earning his power".... does death slinger earn his power? Pinheads box? Hell even killers like Nemesis, Huntress and Demo which just inherently zone by holding M2. So the whole argument of "earning his power" is redundant. Hell blight players usually earn his power more if they actually go and learn all his collisions and doesn't decide to hug tech.