If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What old things do you wish returned?

Options

Overall I think most changes have helped the game go in a more positive direction but there are some changes that haven't really been that great. What are some old things you would like to have return?

Some examples of this could be (not saying any of these should come back):

Old freddy

Old hatches

Old hillbilly

Huntress's Old iri heads

Hawkins map

Old ruin

Etc

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

I'd love to have Old ruin (either original or the other one) since it's such garbage now.

Hawkins was fun despite being problematic

Old freddy while weak was much more interesting than he is today.

Hillbilly...I tried him last night and the last time I touched him was pre big nerf...what a sad difference for him:/

• bongwater52
    bongwater52 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Options

I would die outta happiness for the old animations like back in the day the characters movement was just nicer and visually alot of the maps have lost there charm like autohaven is so sad compared to the old also old loop walls ifykyk

• bongwater52
    bongwater52 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Options

The game looked so cleaner i feel like they abandoned there roots and have gotten ugly plastic surgery

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 303
    Options

Old Blight

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 586
    Options

Old Pop and pre nerf Wraith.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    edited April 2023
    Options

Most things i'd rather stay buried and forgotten, only things i kinda want back are the first reworked version of Lery and Oni's ptb chase music.

Out of all the things i despise the most and don't ever want to see re-added to the game, these are my top 10.

1. Old Freddy (I feel nothing but scorn and disdain for your existence.)
    2. Old Billy (Genuinely pleased that he was removed.)
    3. Original Hatch Mechanic (Nothing but a time waster when it came to hatch standoffs.)
    4. Hawkins (Worst indoor map.)
    5. Old animations (Looked utterly clunky and bad.)
    6. Old graphics and aesthetics (Hated everything about it, especially the map tints.)
    7. All reworked Killer's original kits or powers
    8. All of the older versions of perks
    9. Original mori function
    10. Moonlight Offerings
    Post edited by Smoe on
  • ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,064
    Options

I'd love to see Old Freddy return, he was (well, still is) my favourite killer by far.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,039
    Options

I wish for the old hatch to return some day, but that will be impossible without heavy nerfs to swf and itself.

I started playing dbd like 3-4 months before hatch was nerfed and loved those few moments where i could pull a 2-3man escape through hatch with randoms.

I have always believed bhvr could have tried several nerfs to the hatch instead of just nuking it in a single patch

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,196
    Options

Old POV chase music for Myers, Doctor, Demo and Oni

Old Huntress' Lullaby

Old Freddy but modernized to fit todays standards

Hawkins

Cut Thru U Single + Edge of Revival combo for the Trickster (it was busted but god was it fun)

• Senaxu
    Senaxu Member Posts: 120
    Options

The old strong Billy

5 Sec DS, however still deactivates at endgame

old spine chill

Strong ruin and pop, killers need some love (saying that as main surv)

old Coldwind Farm and Autohaven maps if they only stay for Halloween each year would be nice.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options

Hawkins

Night time on Coldwind

The mature attitude of other players and the ability to accept a loss without blaming everything except their own performance, and ability to move onto the next game without taking out their frustrations on entirely unrelated players.

• MrMooseyMan
    MrMooseyMan Member Posts: 28
    Options

I totally agree with you on missing some of the older features and maps. I particularly miss the Hawkins map and can imagine how fun it would be to play the dredge on it. As for the Ruin, I think bringing back the old version where it keeps going until found could make the game more challenging and exciting.

On a side note, I do wish they would make some maps darker and scarier to enhance the atmosphere.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

For the second part, that was a thing at one point and just about everyone hated it

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,049
    Options

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Never existed to begin with. Saying anything else is mostly looking back through rose tinted glasses. There always have been whining and complaining about everything from the beginning.

• Cynwale
    Cynwale Member Posts: 205
    Options

Old Hatch, Jigsaw Box Camping Pig.

No basekit Borrowed Time.

Things like that.

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 550
    Options

Hawkins. Hands down

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,009
    edited April 2023
    Options
    1. Old Freddy
    2. Old Billy
    3. Nighttime on coldwind
    4. old ruin (the gen regression one that was good not the skillcheck one)
    5. Old pop
    6. Old self-care (or maybe buff it so at least healing speed reduction doesn't work on it at all, make it the "thing" it does)
    7. Old maps (pre breakable walls, silly mechanic)
    8. Old spine chill + Resilience fast vault build.
  • Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,924
    Options
    • 5s DS stun
    • Legion can see pools of blood in Frenzy again
    • Deathslinger 24m terror radius (but give him a 40m lullaby)
    • Self-Care 32s heal
    • Light Propagation
    • Thicker grass from 4.1.0. PTB
  • bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,079
    Options

Being able to spin on the ground when slugged.

I don't miss how long hatch standoffs were and I hate hook grabs but there was something about hatch grabs that I miss.

I miss old hatch mechanic because it made 3 gens less likely to go on forever. I'd take back old mori for old hatch.

I miss there being less perks in the game. I'd take back old versions of perks if we removed couple years worth of new perks that have come into the game.

Hawkins

Night time Coldwind

Old graphics - they felt more gritty. New graphics feel too clean/pretty/generic.

Old Quentin face.

Maps not having breakable walls.

Huntress song not playing on repeat whole match - only hearing the laugh when she hadn't found anyone for a bit.

Killers all having the same original chase music.

The old HUD being across the bottom.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Hawkins for sure, I'd take it even without a rework tbh; I'd just bring back the ST chapter so Demogorgons aren't so rare to see.

Also old Iron Will & old Stridor.

• Cynwale
    Options

I can only agree with that, if Red Ranked people could only encounter Red Ranked people, it would make games more fair for low MMR Killers.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,849
    Options

Seems like some people forget how busted old Iri head was. It can stay gone.

• ProudRinMain
    ProudRinMain Member Posts: 322
    edited April 2023
    Options

Old Spirit.

She was the only killer who made me genuinely excited whenever i went up against her but now? Not so much as it’s very generic and dull and it’s so ridiculous the amount of free information i get from her phasing as a survivor with ease.

i do miss old Spirit dearly…

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,300
    Options

No way. That low bellybutton pov was horrible. With a controller he was impossible to run on console.

Nope nope nope

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,300
    Options
  • SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,292
    Options

* Coldwind

* Billy (Not a player but he was menacing to face)

* Old fog (Current fog is mist) infact, they should call the experts Mist Whisperers.

* Hawkins

* Old rank system (If I wanted sweatfests, I could go get them instead of being given them every game regardless)

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I want all old busted things back.

Give me old OoO, so i can make killer run for infinite at Midwich.

Give me old mori, so i can end survivor after their first hook.

Give me old Dead Hard, so i can greed loops again.

Give me old Nurse, so i can use Starstruck build on her again.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,014
    Options

80 second gens

The game was much more intense and thrilling back then imo

• Cynwale
    Options

The first and third points are refused, the second and last one are accepted.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Nah, you will take all or non. Deal or not, can't wait all day Sir.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    edited April 2023
    Options

Old Hangman's Trick... on top of what everyone else said

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

I want OG Freddy back to some degree because the power was really unique and fitting. The current Freddy doesn't really portray the aesthetic of A Nightmare on Elm Street very well. I say to some degree because OG Freddy did need some buffs and changes in some areas. They should keep the teleporting and dream clock aspect of the current power. Changes from the older power could include making the survivors that are transitioning into the dream state suffer from the incapacitated effect, and make the transition only last 5 seconds, and I'd say he'd be improved from before. He had such a cool tracking power that I miss from back then. Also the animation of those orange souls that appeared around his hands whenever he pulled a survivor into the dream world was amazing. His dream world was an actual hindrance to the survivors too compared to the current Freddy.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,242
    Options

The atmosphere. I remember back to the Scorching Summer BBQ event years ago. A time when the game still felt genuinely balanced (or as well as you could get for a game like this) and people weren't constantly at each other's throats, constantly complaining at every little thing. The game was a lot of fun to play at the time and it was something I didn't mind rushing home from what I was doing to hop on for a bit with friends. Now it feels more like a chore I do to keep up with things

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

Old iron will

old spine chill

old ds

old self care

dh before latest change cuz screw sb

old ruin

old pop

being able to spam m2 with flashlights

pain res not making u scream for two weeks

45s dms

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 572
    Options

The only thing I want back is nighttime for coldwind. That's all that matters to me because it's so bright.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,521
    Options

I miss old Quentin tbh. He actually looked sleep deprived and had more accurate hair (Plus his P3 head had Freddy claw marks)

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Old Hatch

Old Self Care

Old Maps (They just felt more creepier and better)

Old Balanced Landing

Old Ruin

Old PGTW

Old Pain Resonance

Old COB

Old Overcharge (Before latest patch)

Old Dead Hard (Before the latest patch)

Old COH (Before the latest patch)

Old Medkits (They were actually useful and did something)

Old Spine Chill

The old atmosphere in general.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

even though i do not want them back, my survivor matches with my loot build felt like adventures before the hatch rework. (never played in hatch stand-off times, i mean after that)

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,001
    Options

SkyBilly and SkyDemo

Seriously, they didn't give an advantage to the killer they were just plain fun - and most times when you did pull it off the survivors loved it too!

• Cynwale
    Options

Ah yes, leaving the map!

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    Options

They should bring back time-limited cosmetics and remove that restriction. It's stupid and anti-consumer.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,717
    Options

last patch DH: cause even jesus use dead hard.

flashlight spamming: was toxic but very fun.

old freddy: way more true to his movies.

Orginal eruption: before it got buff.

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375
    Options

I like playing sneaky boy, I'm rather new so I never got a chance but the moon thing sounds awesome for me.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

Wow... I... I can't believe we all forgot about old BBQ and wglf bp stacks.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Those were the days. Perks and addons giving extra bp was awesome

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

5 second DS stun. It's pointless to run in it's current state, and tunneling has gotten out of control as a result.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

The ability to leap off of buildings as Demo without hitting an invisible wall.

And old Freddy.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

Flashlights. They keep ruining them since last year for some reason.