OLD DBD TO NEW DBD

Options
Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576

Okay, to most of those who are not new players and have played for a while now, like 4 years or so? Would you want the old DBD back or happy to keep the new DBD? Curious on peopls thoughts.

OLD DBD TO NEW DBD 13 votes

Old DBD PLEASE TAKE ME BACK!
15%
Aurellexni6_ 2 votes
NEW, IT IS ALL BALANCED AND OKAY?
76%
DustinGibberishF60_31JawsIsTheNextKillerMapersonMarc_go_soloIWasLeft2DieViktor1853SmoeBrandon48 10 votes
I WANT CHEESE.
7%
AgnyLeo 1 vote

Comments

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

For all the major flaws DBD still has (and it has A LOT), it's a massive improvement in every way from what it used to be years ago.

Going back would be absolutely miserable.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

Back when I started playing we all complained about how Hillbilly needed a nerf! Now look at him.

He's called the Blight now!

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,448
    edited May 2023
    Options

Everything in old dbd is a downgrade to what we have now and going back to it would mean that i'd be facing old Billy again, who is the killer i hate the most next to Blight.

Also not to mention playing against the snoozefest that is old freddy again.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,790
    Options

I feel some people forget just how far from balanced the game was in the past. Mori on second hook, insta-gen Brand New Part, infinites, traps directly under the hook. Today it is way more balanced, or at least as well-balanced as you can expect an asymmetrical game can be.

Although, I do miss the way survivors walked, like they were genuinely cautious and concerned, rather than how they stand now like "Come out me bro!" And crap. The grimmer atmosphere I do miss also.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

It kinda depends on where the breakdown is for "old" vs "newer" dbd starts and stops honestly

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Old DBD while it has a lot of nostalgic value was a terrible unbalanced mess. The absolute only thing I would bring back is Hillbilly before they stealth changed their animations and then two or so updates later reworked them. I do miss how atmospheric old DBD was and the way the fog worked allowed some stealth killers to thrive.

• Brandon48
    Brandon48 Member Posts: 136
    Options

Current DBD no question.

It would be great though to see a realm, like Swamp maps for example, visually nod to the more nostalgic, dark and grungy aesthetic of older dbd.