If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Does blight have a a skill floor?

Options
IWasLeft2Die
IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

So I just played a couple games of blight and I only played him one game prior to this. I do play a lot of killer but I managed to get the 4k pretty easily. I felt like I did well for basically never trying him but not well enough to warrant a 4k at 4 gens. Is he easy to pick up ?

Comments

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,049
    edited May 2023
    Options

Well, if you manage to 4k with a M1 killer without any power usage then his "skill floor" is low.

But that's not what individual skill floor for each killer is. Using his dash for more than map traversal is hard earned, from learning turn angles, how to get through tight spaces ..... to what part of each map is buttered. It takes a whole lot of time and nerves to get there.

I never successfully played blight because for me he is the hardest killer to play efficiently with his power.

Edit: Also, oni4life.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

The maps I tried him on were midwich which resulted in a 4k pretty fast and I did use his power a lot getting hits with it.

The other map I played on felt pretty awful. It's the map that I believe released with knight (orange tinge, castle exits, etc) where I'd have so much of the map I couldn't bounce on even with me going headfirst into it as well as some parts I'd be wedged running between two objects. That ap was very frustrating but I did manage to his power a decent bit nonetheless.

• smartemarte
    smartemarte Member Posts: 254
    Options

as soon as you put enough time into blight you will win 99% of your games.

his skill ceiling is way above what a survivor can do so it's just one of those situations of "do i want to dedicate my time to becoming good with blight when the games matchmaking system is awful"

most of the time I play solo survivor and i'm matched with potato's vs try hard tournament blights and it's just a waste of time.

Even vs good SWF teams there are streamers that stay AFK until there is 1 gen left and still get a 4k ..... he's awful to play against

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 303
    Options

99%? Absolutely not. Maybe 70-80% on average if you put a lot of time into learning him

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 303
    Options
  • Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    edited May 2023
    Options

It probably depends on your definition of "skill floor", I probably wouldn't struggle too much getting a 4K without using Blight's power (or Billy's for that matter), but if I try to play him as intended I doubt I'd get any hooks at all. Also how quickly you'll pick up a certain killers also depends on your gaming experience and whatnot; if you have an easy time picking Blight up good for you but I doubt it's a very common experience haha.

• smartemarte
    smartemarte Member Posts: 254
    Options

just look at some of the streamers that play him none stop .... they only lose games when they mess around and don't use perks and that's IF the survivors get lucky.

it's not all skill, again once he hits his skill ceiling its an awful game for survivors.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Yeah borgo was pretty terrible. I was actively trying to bump into so many things and it just wouldn't work:/

• TonyXSplash
    TonyXSplash Member Posts: 72
    Options

No he is not. Blight is the strongest killer and the easiest. Blight is far stronger and way easier than nurse.

Map pressure is a skill you have to learn but Blight get free map pressure by only using double speed add-ons.

Tell me about any other killer that can hook a survivor then immediately check all his generators and go back to the hook all while using 5 rushes. WOW.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    edited May 2023
    Options

currently 70% of his addons are soo powerful that are not even fair if you compare them with other killers + hug tech still exist which unlike some people said "is a bug , is not intended , it makes the killer more powerful when blight doesnt need that to be good"

BUT ....basekit blight takes a decent amount of skill in order to perform good flicks and also knowing the angles to start rushing on some tiles and getting downs with your power instead of playing full m1 or relying on strong addons.

( yeah ..most of his addons are totally broken IMO , and pretty much Nobody uses their low tier addons because WHY would you?)

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,400
    Options

Are you ok? I literally said his skill floor is an m1 killer that moves across the map at atleast double the speed. That's the minimum value you get out of the killer is and super super easy. What made you go off, idk. His skill ceiling is indisputably the highest though.

• imakepeoplehateme
    imakepeoplehateme Member Posts: 125
    Options

Which addons are you even referring to.

If you can't hit your rushes speed or ring won't do anything for you? They both require you to know what you are doing and alc only rewards you for using your power properly (albeit to a questionable degree).

Andren viles sounds broken on paper, and compared to basekit sure its an upgrade but you NEED to know what you are doing. Its not something you just pick up in your first game, new hits become possible while others can no longer be performed.

Iri tag is a well designed addon if not for the fact that the first survivor downed has no warning. Hitting survivors with your last rushes sounds easier than it actually is, for most people i would argue it makes them play worse as they will try to get value from it instead of taking free hits.

C21(or the auro one idk exactly) requires quick decision making and confidence. You need to both keep track of the survivors, think of a sequence of rushes to perform and actually using the information in a matter of like 1 second before you enter fatigue. You also still have to hit your flicks.

C33 is indeed opressive,no one is defending it really, but its his ONLY addon which requires no skill to get meaningful value from. Most of his addons just enhance an already proficient blight player. Getting a down in 10 seconds because you brought a funny right is a ridiculous step up over his basekit but still requires you to land your shots in the first place.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,065
    Options

He is strongest killer in the game so you don't have to be good to 4K with him on pc if you can bit use his power. His mobility alone makes him good killer and you can play him just as normal m1 killer too.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Tell me you haven’t played blight without telling me you haven’t played blight.

• Slurpin
    Slurpin Member Posts: 106
    Options

You don't need to master all his tricks that constitute his high skill ceiling.

If anything, the main reason he's such a consistent S tier killer is because you just need to know how to flick and sometimes hug tech to excel. Of course knowing when to use power, how to use it at loops, etc matters but these are just killer skills you gain by playing the game and playing Blight. You get 5 bumps, which is pretty generous, so you'll be fine.

People that just use his power to catch up and get a hit between loops do fine in many of their games.

So, no his skill floor is pretty low. And his skill ceiling matters little if you want great results. Still good to improve on him of course, but not necessary to be an expert.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Well done! I played only one match with him and I already hate him. Same goes for Oni (just can't turn while he is dashing).

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

Blight's power is absurdly difficult to use for new players. Trying to fish for nerfs by claiming he's some kind of 'pick and play, easy-peasy super killer' is both disingenuous and embarrassing.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

This one.

I rarely play him, but when I do, using his power only to get to places. During chase it's better not using activate power, or you end far away or won't get around tree. I don't know how people use him like the same M1, just with speedboost, he's less controllable than Billy to me. So yeah, definetely some skill-floor exist.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

This is how it goes for 90% of people who try blight. Nobody picks up blight and starts goin crazy with his rushes.

• IWasLeft2Die
    edited May 2023
    Options

Thanks! Oh yeah oni I tried when he released and I didn't do well. I do think I'm much better than I was years ago so I might give him a shot again.

It did make me feel good that one of the survivors didn't believe me it was my 3rd game as blight. That felt reallll nice

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

I'm by no means trying to fish for nerfs or anything like that. I was genuinely curious if it was normal to pick him up and do pretty well in the first few games

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,771
    Options

I feel since his kit is so overloaded, he actually has less skill expression. He gets those same results (4k/3k+hatch) even through a newer player bruteforcing power usage. That leaves you with a scenario where you win by Killer pick alone more often than not. Nothing I did as him was impressive or cool, because it was so easy to do it. I would say his effectiveness ceiling is among the highest, but a Legion managing a 4k against a comp squad would need far more skill to reach those same results.