We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Exit Gates activation

Options
Boons123
Boons123 Member Posts: 694

Are escape doors really activated because of the generators, or is the entity that activates the doors?

Comments

• Dhurl421
    Dhurl421 Member Posts: 154
    Options

I'd say that the Entity allows the repaired generators to activate the escape doors. It does control the trials after all. So the answer to your question is yes. 😂

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,804
    Options

I'd say both. The Entity has developed these trials and intrinsically linked the gates to the generators. However, in the early tutorial there was a quote in the killer tutorial where the Entity whispers say: "Don't let the light in!", which suggested some urgency. The light does seem to affect the Entity as it's blinded by flashlights (can't see through the eues of the killer).

The stickler comes with the hatch. If one survivor is left and the hatch closes, the gates can be activated without the gens being completed. Yet, the hatch was not Entity-made, but rather created by Vigo as an alternate escape. This seems to bigger up the system, which is why I'm not wholly believing the idea the Entity has complete control.

• chatgiraffe
    chatgiraffe Member Posts: 113
    Options

Seeing as the generators are not even physically connected to anything besides their own attached lights, yet somehow managed to power both exit gates and lightbulbs/signs on certain maps, its safe to assume this is the Entity doing some dream logic stuff.