DC=No Hatch

Options
_Demidrol
_Demidrol Member Posts: 33
edited May 2023 in General Discussions

Repeatedly SWF use tactics where one disconnects and the last one escapes into the hatch. Is it fair? I understand if you forcing yourself die on hook, but just disconnecting is not sporting. Therefore, the idea: the hatch does not appear if one of the last two disconnects. What do you think?

Comments

• Senaxu
    Senaxu Member Posts: 166
    Options

The solution would be to simply adjust the DC penalty so that it is no longer worth using this tactic.

If the penalties are increased to 5+ min, a SWF won't do it because it's not worth waiting for that DC player to then re-queue and if they do it anyway, then the next penalty will be increased to 10 minutes, which then raises the question of whether it wouldn't be better to change the game from this point on.

If you really had to serve the penalty time at the queue, even if you turned off / close the game after the last DC, there would be a lot less problems with DC's as well. I would implement that immediately.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited May 2023
    Options

I think DCs in general should score the same as if you got all of the remaining hooks for that particular survivor. It's good that the DCing survivor gets a penalty but the killer doesn't get any real reward for this. I've had survivor downed for the first time DC immediately and the hatch spawns 2 feet away from the remaining survivor who isn't downed and no offering for hatch spawn is given. Super frustrating going from a potential double pip to barely a safety pip. Killers do indirectly get penalized by players DCing with their score/pip getting impacted significantly. Survivors should also get better compensated for a teammate dcing too. It's also frustrating playing survivor and a teammate DCs almost immediately so the game feels pointless

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Just to deincentivize it they could delay the hatch spawning by like 30 seconds

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913
    Options

The latter is a great idea, and I think you should bring it up next time Q&A opens. Of course, you should only have to serve 15 minutes or so at the queue, tops; it's not really fair to people with ######### internet to make them keep DBD open for 72h after a bad day.

I don't know about increasing queue time, but if one member of an SWF disconnects, they should all get the DC penalty. It won't be that big of a deal if one person does it accidentally one time, but if they're making a habit of doing it, they'll feel the effects a lot faster since they won't get four free DCs every day.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913
    Options

DCs should be treated as kills by the game itself.

I think OP is taking about cases where you'll injure one survivor, they'll run you into a far off corner of the map, and then they'll DC, allowing the last survivor to find hatch (bonus points if one of the survivors brought a hatch spawn offering). It doesn't happen all that often, but I've seen it.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Only time I see a survivor DC for another to get hatch is when the killer is slugging them for 4k. They chose eating a penalty and moving on over wasting 4 minutes laying on ground doing nothing, so it's not even about giving teammate hatch but rather they don't want to sit there doing nothing.

Just hook the survivor and use sacrifice animation time to make your way over to a common hatch spawn location - odds are that is where the survivor is heading so you can get them then instead of wasting time with a slug.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,911
    Options

I'm a solo player and I'll do this if it's my last game of the night and the killer has just left me slugged to find the other survivor. It's nothing personal, I'd just like to go to bed.