LooeDbD
LooeDbD Member Posts: 163

do you think the game is Y or X sided 30 votes

Killer Sided
10%
dknbdark_hunter921ettuce 3 votes
Survivor Sided
26%
GibberishF60_31MrPenguinNotAnotherDoctorDhurl421IWasLeft2DieViktor1853LooeDbD 8 votes
Neither, its sided to whoever brings the most strong things into the match
63%
ExerlinHorrorLover74Freddy96Marc_go_soloIvanynakovSmoeHalloulleLeFreezyHugTheHagOrangeBearTyGuyCBT137tuttoinunavoltaBlinckx09SHARKBOSSIrlClownMaincrustydustysock234CorvusCorax86StickySlasher30 19 votes

Comments

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,243
    Options

Yes.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,137
    Options

indeed.

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Killer Sided

considering that dbd generally gets more killer sided as the experience of players gets lower, and that this video imo shows its balanced at the highest of high levels, its killer sided imo. either side totally has the option to bring the strongest, sweatiest, dirtiest things and play in such a way as well

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    edited May 2023
    Options

Nothing of this would fit to my choice to 100%. The game is snowball sided in my opinion.

Factors:

• Map
    • Map RNG
    • Killer (+ addons)
    • Perks
    • Items

What does scale better together, wins.

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 518
    Options

if the survivors have hyperfocus they can make 3 generators in the first 45 seconds of the match

i.e. survivors can finish 60% of their work in the first minute

If the killer is in a shift w chase, with no pallets and no windows, then it will take the killer 30 seconds to knock down the survivor + - 10 seconds to hang on the hook and animation

Thus

survivors can do 60% of their work in 45 seconds, and a killer in good conditions for him can only do 1/12 of his work

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options
    Survivor Sided

Agreed. Just because games don't typically play out this way doesn't mean it can't happen. I think if you went all out best setups for both sides (swf too) survivors win much more often than killer does

• 1ettuce
    Options
    Killer Sided

just curious, what would u say to the video i put above? pretty clearly shows both sides absolutely sweating their balls off with the absolute best resources and resulted in a 60% kill rate

• IWasLeft2Die
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Survivor Sided

I'd say those numbers aren't representative of most killers. Using nurse, blight, and spirit isn't a good representation of the standard experience of killers. The data used is also several years old so I don't find that information to be that helpful . I think the game is survivor sided but not so much so that killers should just give up etc.

• 1ettuce
    Options
    Killer Sided

Well u said the best setups for both sides, for killer that means nurse blight or spirit. Also the data I'm talking about is their own from matches in customs that took place very recently, not the data bhvrs put out there

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options
    Survivor Sided

I'd want to know how this tests out with the 27(ish) other killers. Just because 10% of the killers can be around 60% doesn't mean the other 90% of killers aren't worth considering.

Nurse is busted and no one is arguing against that.

Blight same thing

Spirit is a little more debatable but is more often agreed to be busted as well

• 1ettuce
    Options
    Killer Sided

Oh don't get me wrong I agree I don't think trapper doesn't need to be buffed just bc nurse exists lol, but you could say the same thing about perks for both sides and items yk

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

There may be exceptions on a by loadout basis but generally speaking ye, the game is whoever-sweats-most sided, which mostly depends on the loadout people bring.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options
    Survivor Sided

Lol good. And yeah you are right. I think the fact that SWF exists skews it towards survivors and makes balancing for both sides impossible

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 495
    Options

its SWF sided.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,313
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Survivor Sided

Both sides can bring strong things, but the majority of maps are survivor sided. Also there are killers who don't even have a strong add-on they can bring even if they wanted too or don't synergize as well with meta perks.

So, overall, the game is survivor sided imo. Not every killer player plays Nurse Blight Spirit, but every survivor player has the same power potential, which is very high.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,045
    Options
    Survivor Sided

At low skill-level play, the game is Killer sided. Even F-tier Killers can completley curbstomp new and unskilled Survivor players.

However, when everybody playing actually knows what they are doing, are decently skilled, and aren't just screwing around, the game is very much Survivor-sided.

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426
    Options

It is impossible to say objectively. Are the maps biased in favor of surivors?Definitely yes Are some mechanics like tunnel/camp in favor of the killer? Surely Are there killers that are monstrously OP compared to other obviously weak killers? Definitely yes Are there any perks/addons that used by a SWF are a guarantee of victory?Definitely yes Unfortunately, in the absence of official statistics and a roadmap of the Devs on their intent, on what they want to achieve, on the current state of the game, there is no possible answer In some scenarios one faction is certainly more advantaged than the other but it is a scenario that changes constantly