We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Are you thinking about quitting Dead By Daylight? Or did you already quit? If so or not so, why?

Options
D34D_B34TB0X
D34D_B34TB0X Member Posts: 355
edited May 2023 in Polls

Feel free to comment your reasonings below.

Whether it's awful changes, awful characters, bugs/hacking, jealousy towards DBD Mobile, the idea of never being able to play as your favorite licensed character (or at least in the way you wish. i.e. Freddy.), toxic behavior, the fact that there's no real change to the game itself in the past 7 years, or just the fact that you just really miss old Dead by Daylight those 7 years, and you're burnt out. Whatever the case may be, feel free to share your thoughts and feelings.

Are you thinking about quitting Dead By Daylight? Or did you already quit? If so or not so, why? 65 votes

I Quit.
15%
Wampiritastargazer9dark_hunter92Roarbear2007saneesMoznarswxsussyCoopyHonchoMrBrightside 10 votes
I'm thinking/planning to quit.
27%
FlopiyutiopMrPenguinGuiltiixni6_StroggzdeifiDudelPumaOrangeBearJylppyCorvusCorax86jayz666[Deleted User]belovedtay101FrogsplosionJustifiedOnespagzSamwill2261hitrquitr599 18 votes
I'm not quitting yet.
10%
dknbNotAnotherDoctorHeadertyantlmumagjiaonuhakradskiBarnesFlamkit_mason 7 votes
I'm not sure.
10%
OnryosTapeRentals[Deleted User]PaiblinIWasLeft2DieAurelle[Deleted User]LooeDbD 7 votes
No, I still want to give it a chance.
16%
oxygenDhurl421EvilSerjeAlphaYandereMarc_123UsernameorsomethingKniceDeathstrokeBrandon48AssortedSortingfleur_ 11 votes
Heck no, DBD is my life.
18%
F60_31JawsIsTheNextKillerMarc_go_soloGannTMViktor1853SmoedgbugGrunbarsolato4IndifferentLandscapereapr_hashtag_9902Justtime 12 votes

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options
    I'm not sure.

Survivor has gotten a bit boring for me

Killer is fun other than against swf teams. Still winable but when it becomes blatantly clear their are using coms it gets frustrating. Even a win doesn't feel enjoyable against these teams for me

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

I spend way too much time with it while I have a backlog of other games to complete. Often I find myself playing DbD at 2 or 3 AM. The game is amazing regardless of its issues and lately I've been enjoying killer side more. I need to stop playing and continue regular exercise and more socializing. Am I burnt out? Far from it: I'm very much addicted to this game and it has to stop!

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329
    Options

the gap between solo q and swf has been widened, which has led to many playing either killer or swf, solo q has been made even worse by bhvr, so I've lost hope for a long time and everything bhvr says is like "we want that reduce the gap between swf and solos" say everything only hypocritically and lie I don't beleave them and bhvr is very slow in almost everything, they don't even know that much about the game and only change a lot with numbers that have nothing to do with reality, bad and unfair matchmaking, where a killer gets 1k+ wins in a row can (Blight), a swf 200+ wins in a row, dbd is the only game I know where something like this is possible, map balance is miserable, hit validation catastrophic

in cs I have the complete opposite, no one is rewarded for their bad net, there is communication if you don't want to talk to others in game chat if you don't feel like it either, you can pin ingame goals 3 options in cs, in dbd after 6 years icons for the solo q hahahaha so please, please... any people who only play ez win streaks because they play with friends don't exist, example a few weeks ago: a full team (same names) as an opponent i solo q, we won ez 9:3 (i'm just near by gold Nova but still silver) why is that? because there is a matchmaking that works and if the team that plays with friends would win more often, it would come up higher in the ranking and play against much better ones, but in dbd it's so great :)))) Sruvivor 1. (500 hrs ) hides a lot is useless and dies in the chase after 10sec (the level of a silver player in cs) and on the other side you have Survivor 2. (5k+ hrs) Looped the killer minutes is always on gens (level global) in dbd both are on the same level and are matched with each other, so why should i waste my time in a game that is so bad and it's being deliberately ignored by the devs? Nah thanks i switch to cs (my old main game before was dbd)

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    I'm not sure.

I'm in between hating the game because the state of solo survivor is absolute dumpster fire, everything is getting nerfed, and no fun is left in the game. But I also enjoy the game just a little and still have a slither of hope that MAYBE there will be something good/interesting/fun coming into the game.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,128
    Options

Game is never fun for me lately. I wish i would just give up this game

• solato4
    solato4 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Heck no, DBD is my life.

I play this game everyday, I'm not tired of it yet. (I've only been playing for a year, so that could be why)

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 386
    Options
    I'm not quitting yet.

I'm just playing Zelda right now. Whether or not I can go back to dedicating 4,50 hours a month to Survivor and killer at least after this depends on future updates.

• Frogsplosion
    Frogsplosion Member Posts: 266
    edited May 2023
    Options

Killer is absolutely miserable.

Matches are either uninteractive 5 minute genrushes or agonizingly slow 40 minute slugfests of survivors explicitly going out of their way to be toxic jerks.

something like 50% of the maps are so dark they give me eye strain and force me to wear glasses to play on, the rest are so visually noisy or muddy I may as well be legally blind. The few exceptions like eyrie and ormund are so huge and the main building so exploitable being able to see doesn't matter much.

Killers are under appreciated and BHVR refuses to implement basic visual QoL like FOV slider or Gamma slider, maps are so cluttered and full of LoS blockers it makes it a chore to play.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options
    I Quit.

Knight and beyond have been completely useless or broken 3 genners. Especially singularity, completely useless and unfun power with built in mechanics for survivors to remove any semblance of pressure.

• dgbug
    dgbug Member Posts: 152
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Heck no, DBD is my life.

i just like playing killer too much.######### the meta, ######### "winning", i just like stabbing ppl as ghostie boy or playing as cool original characters

i win if i make a cool play, i don't care about meta

i don't see any reason to quit rn lol

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    edited May 2023
    Options

When they say it's "asymmetrical", I hadn't thought to this extent.

Super fun for one side and super frustrating for other. Different builds, different playstyles, so much and everything for killer, and complete frustrations, sweat and pain each match for survivor.

The things that keep me going are achievements/challenges and "Stockholm syndrome".

Killer challenges all done and being done very fust, survivors are tedious, painful and grindy. Everyday when I have to play survivor, I force myself ten times more then going to run on rainy day or do tripple sets in the gym.

As for "syndrome", I just play other games in between rifts and new chapters, they help.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,315
    edited May 2023
    Options

Survivor toxicity has also really grinded me to a point I don't really want to play the game much anymore. I still play it a little bit but I'm also tired of the unhealthy game environment and double standards thrown around on a near constant basis.

Loading into a match, playing for the 12 hooks, but also knowing if I don't kill everyone, which is way more likely since I'm going for 12 hooks, the survivors will just wait at the gate just to be a toxic turd is really off-putting and just kills motivation to load up another match. Not to mention the toxicity throughout the match just for running by a pallet and dropping it acting they just made the play of the century.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    Options
    I Quit.

I quit more than a year ago and just came back last week. Turns out I don’t miss the game or its community and there haven’t been any changes that make me want to keep playing for hours like I used to. I play a game or two then I get tired or bored and I close the game.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 495
    Options

I play less and less. Waiting for d4 to release to have other game to waste time and money on. The feeling of dissatisfaction started rising with mmr implementation, increasing after each major patch.

• reapr_hashtag_9902
    reapr_hashtag_9902 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Heck no, DBD is my life.

Im extremely new but also extremely optimistic

Games not perfect but I would be a pussy if I just quit over a few imbalances

• AlphaYandere
    AlphaYandere Member Posts: 57
    Options

I said so often that i quit but i never do, i love this game to much even when i hate it xD

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

I don't plan when I'm going to give up a game altogether. It happens spontaneously. I usually take a break every few months because a game gets boring the more you play it. But that happens in every game I play. In most cases I try it again after a few months.

All voting options don't really suit me because they all have a negative touch. I would choose something like: I don't plan on giving up the game entirely right now, but I'm definitely going to take breaks.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,461
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Heck no, DBD is my life.

Been here since beta and i plan to see this game through to the end no matter what.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 949
    edited June 2023
    Options

I've stopped playing.

Game has gotten stale. I've also sunk 1000+ hours into PS4 and have no interest in getting a PS5 (matters of principle regarding Sony's isolationism). The sunk cost does sting.

I still like the atmosphere and the concept, and will be keeping tabs on it likely indefinitely.

If there's a core rebalance to Perk accessibility and new player experience (especially controller integration for PC), I'll likely get back into DBD on PC. But at this point in life asking for a 100+ hour commitment to get back to my Perk station like it was on the PS4 isn't worth it. (Not even complaining about re-buying the characters, but the P3 investment for everyone).

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,802
    Options
    Heck no, DBD is my life.

Well, it's not my life, but it's still a very enjoyable game for me. There are some changes happening which are starting to make the game feel a little more one-dimensional (such as gen regression getting nerfed and gen boosting perks coming in makes this game playable in fewer tactical ways), yet BHVR still have a brilliant product overall.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,270
    edited June 2023
    Options

Closest option I guess?

I already take breaks from time to time, but that's not exclusive to DBD - I need to take breaks from games from time to time to avoid burning out. I still come back and have fun, I just can't "main" any game by consistently playing it basically daily for years without eventually ending up taking a burnout-induced break so long that it basically counts as quitting.

• kradski
    kradski Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm not quitting yet.

Not quitting yet, but honestly without cross-progression (just for unlocked perks), I feel stuck (and capped) on PS5 compared to PC. The regrind wouldn't be fun. Some killers just aren't really that viable on console.

Plus, I can't use keyboard-and-mouse (despite it being supported by the platform), so it legit makes me want to just not play whenever it gets frustrating.

• Paiblin
    Paiblin Member Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm not sure.

I'm deeply unsure. I just got back from a 4-year-ish long break from the game. It wasn't exactly four years long, I did play sometimes, very rarely, for the first year, but not enough to really catch any major changes. Prior to that, I had been playing since release. In a lot of ways, this game means a lot to me. I started playing seven years ago, when I was just about to enter my teens. It was the first game that really, really excited me. I can barely find words to describe the passion I had for it back then. But at some point, it just kept going south for me. First, it was personal reasons, mainly the issue of never being able to get my friends or family to play with me. Then, it was Puppers getting sick. He was my idol. Then, it was the overwhelming toxicity I often received either in-game or in forums (not specifically this one, I'm talking in general.)

At some point, I started disliking the changes made to the game, too. I never liked the UI change, and I still am not over it, years later. Original survivors aren't very interesting to me anymore. I feel like their stories are generally always the same, and their aesthetics rarely interest me. The guy who came with the Onryo actually looks a lot like me irl, face-wise, but he has no interesting cosmetics, so I keep with the good ol' trustworthy Dweet, who has always been by my side.

As for the survivor backstories, I seem to find that, quite often, they generally go with the same theme. "____ ___________ was an extraordinarily gifted child who was x and y , and (insert something, usually a mild-moderate tragedy, to make them slightly more unique). He/she graduated early/with honours, and attended (insert prestigious college.) However, it all went down when (insert tragedy.) Eventually, ______ ______ was unfortunately claimed by the entity."

If not that exact format, you may also find "____ ______ was a black sheep because x y z."

I found that a lot of survivors generally fit somewhere in this format, especially as of the later DLCs. I mean, yes, some of the older survivors did fit in one of those formats to one degree or another, but generally, I felt "the crew" were a lot more diverse and "natural" back in the day. Kate and her passion for singing, Feng and her love for e-sport, Dwight, the underachiever who exceeds expectations, David, the short-tempered but loyal beast, and Jake the wildman. Of course, there are exceptions, but generally speaking, a lot of the new survivors they've released don't feel like real, original people to me anymore. I would list the exceptions, but this comment is already long, lol. However, there are some changes to the game I've enjoyed greatly. For one, the option to visualize the heartbeat in-game has helped me a lot because I was born with poor hearing. I'm definitely much better as survivor now than I was before that change. However, killer is still difficult on the hearing aspect. Secondly, I like that they added bots. Crossplay is a feature I still have mixed feelings about. Nonetheless, I'm completely at a crossroad when it comes to this game. There is little to keep me interested in the long term at the moment, aside from my fond memories of the game, and the hopes of something new to come.

TDLR: I'm at a crossroad because I can't tell if I love the game, or if I love the idea of the game.

• fleur_
    fleur_ Member Posts: 14
    Options

A few months ago I actually said I would quit. I unsubbed from the Reddit and deletes the game ect because it got too boring and it felt kinda repetitive. Like always though, I ended up coming back to it and now I'm addicted again and playing in ridiculous ways with my friends. I think DBD is just one of those games where in order to have the full experience, you "quit" for a good 3-4 months then come back when a new feature/character comes out. Also I wasn't going to come back but I saw there was a double XP event currently and the game is approaching the 7th anniversary, so I kinda felt like I had to.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 807
    Options
    I Quit.

SWFs....

I hate them as both survivor and killer.

I didn't mind facing them as any of my main killers, but when I'm trying to learn a new killer I've never played before, it's kinda soul crushing to face a 40k+ sweat lords lobby. This problem got solved partially by custom lobbies, but I hope bots will get a bigger brain one day.

But they probably hurt me more when playing survivor. In solo Q there's no worse thing than being thrown into 3-man swf. They won't save anyone outside themselves, will leave you to die if they have an opportunity to leave, AND if they're a flashlight bully squad, they're not gonna touch gens at all and will blame you in the end chat that they stupidly died. I legit escape more matches with full solo Q squads than I ever did with swfs.

Situations like those made me frantically check everyone's profiles and dodge lobbies, which led to me spending more time "lobby shopping" than actually playing, so I just quit. I still follow the news and stuff, but for now, I don't see a reason to come back. And even if I did, I won't be able to play killer at all cuz with the matchmaking I won't be able to remind myself how to play.

I truly love dbd, but it's tough...