Next two killers after singularity are licensed

OrangeBear
OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,561

Personally i think with these comments i think Friday the 13th is probably very likely for august with tommy jarvis as a survivor maybe.

I think november what appears to be the most likely is Five Night's at Freddy's killer = Springtrap

No survivor would make sense because there is no official 3d interpretation of a playable human character in fnaf, except gregory but he is a child.

The reason why i think it could be fnaf is because the movie releases october 27th so it would be very relevant and a big promotional opportunity.

Fnaf movie is made by blumhouse and the upcoming dbd movie is also made by blumhouse so there is a pre-existing connection here.

Fnaf is not super iconic i admit but you could say it is iconic to youtube horror or indie gaming horror.

I also think maybe the November killer could be Slender Man, when thinking about killers with no popular survivor connected to them.

I can't really think of anyone else other than Jason who could be considered very iconic for the august chapter.

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

That's very good news.

I am glad they finally understood we are playing this game for the licensed content. At least majority.

Last 2 chapters were big fails and now i am excited for future of DbD.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

Not surprised. Between the previous two disaster killers and incoming lackluster anniversary, they desperately need to attract people.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Alien, Predator, F13 etc etc would all be welcome licenses.

I really hope it's not FNAF for November, maybe Vecna? But I guess that would almost certainly come with Eddie.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

One of the killers will be paragraph but the other one will be in full chapter. So this full chapter will bring licensed survivor as well.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    edited May 2023

I can see it is possible since the lawsuit is over. And Jason was BHVR's dream killer. So i can see this license is finally coming into DbD. Jason is killer, Tommy is survivor.

Actually maybe we can get 2 survivors (1 male & 1 female) with Jason. So this will make possible legendary skins from other movies for both genders.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,099

Lady Dimitrescu for RE chapter 3!!

Only kidding. I'm hoping maybe there will be a "The Evil Within" chapter, but whatever it is I'm looking forward to it. Maybe the individual killer chapter could even be Art the Clown, since there was a very vocal request by his creator to add Art to the roster.

I'd hope an "Alien" chapter is an anniversary special, rather than a chapter inbetween. So long as it's not "Jeepers Creepers", most ideas would be very welcome.

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233
    edited May 2023

based on previous hints, my guess is that next killer is Xenomorph, although I'd guess that their survivor will probably be some random lesser character rather than Ripley.

My TOTALLY random guess for the next killer is... uh... M3GAN. Or maybe the guy from Black Phone. Or some other Blumhouse monster. Note the lack of survivor, so that might suggest it's a killer without a specific hero, which I guess COULD mean FNAF, but probably won't.

EDIT: No, wait! I take that back: next killer will be Xenomorph, and to economize they'll tap Disney for the next TWO killers, and the next one will be Hatbox Ghost to tie-in with the Haunted Mansion movie. That's my dumb prediction. (jk Disney wouldn't have a character from a PG movie hanging people on hooks)

Post edited by luvcraft on
  • dollidahlia
    dollidahlia Member Posts: 343

Just please no resident evil. I have had enough

• Hero_awesome
    Hero_awesome Member Posts: 301

Who cares? They aren't gonna have anti-loop and even if they did they won't have the pressure to keep up with gen's in this current meta.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,561

How'd you come to that conclusion?

And personally just having licensed characters in the game excites me more than what their actual gameplay ends up being.