Does Boil Over need a rework/nerf?

Options
Slan
Slan Member Posts: 282

Title. After an experience today with a premade that ran no mither, sabo and boil over in Ormond, using the second floor to abuse BO especially, this question came to my mind.

Does Boil Over need a rework/nerf? 44 votes

Yes, rework
36%
F60_31TragicSolitudeMrPenguinNotAnotherDoctorIWasLeft2Diesizzlingmario4BothSidesEnjoyerCodeDB1ettuceAssortedSorting09SHARKBOSSPhewruxPrinceHarlequinxSlaphappyhobbitYoshiRainbowRaconteurminator 16 votes
Yes, nerf
13%
GibberishNos37FridayNightPizzaSlanFrogsplosionfleur_ 6 votes
No need for changes
45%
OnryosTapeRentalsgneheheAetherBytesA_Can_Of_AirRobotfangirl67TatariuHawk81584bm33jessiejanemuertoNathan13M0nkeBreadAurelleHugTheHagGrunbarDavidHypnosBoons123CorvusCorax86[Deleted User]BaDGirl99TTVerggie 20 votes
Idk
4%
Dhurl421AMOGUS 2 votes

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options
    Yes, rework

Yes

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,981
    Options
    No need for changes

Maps need to take it into consideration as Sabotage in this situations can be, and usually is, just as bad if not worse

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Yes, rework

Boil over makes no sense to me, there's no actually interaction on ur end so it's not exactly fun for u, it's not exactly good, and it's just so annoying for the killer.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options
    No need for changes

No, I think it’s fine as is. It definitely doesn’t need a nerf as an experienced killer can easily negate its effects unless they’re surrounded by things to run into. It is supposed to be a perk so survivors need to be able to get some value out of it, and running to an area that will increase that value is good strategy. As a killer if you’re picking up on this then try and chase them to another area (they can’t hang out in one spot the entire match) or divert your attention to another survivor.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    No need for changes

Boil Over is fine.

• M0nkeBread
    M0nkeBread Member Posts: 10
    Options
    No need for changes

Honestly its fine and can be countered. Starstruck is a pretty strong deterrent, and also if multiple survivors are off not doing gens I think you're in an all right position even if they do act annoying.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,136
    Options
    Yes, rework

it needs to go back to 33% from fall for the whole bar or 33% of whats left

• Frogsplosion
    Frogsplosion Member Posts: 266
    Options
    Yes, nerf

just delete it, it's misery incarnate

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 474
    Options
    Idk

I'm actually laughing, 2nd story BO Ormond is easy to counter, just drop the Survivor once you see someone getting close for a sabotage. Or do anything instead of tripling down on the exact same thing and then coming here when it doesn't work.

DBD players proving they have no adaptability, can't adapt to new problems and come here to demand nerfs, as usual.

Then you get no value because the Killer can consistently hook you, and you get no value. That's the entire point of this perk, people don't run BO just to mildly inconvenience the Killer. They run it in a build to secure value. Same for sabotage.

• IWasLeft2Die
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Yes, rework

It's a perk where it's counter play isnt fun for either side. Survivors getting slugged over and over isn't really a win for either side

Post edited by IWasLeft2Die on
  • MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,311
    Options
    Yes, rework

Its just super unhealthily designed.

If its usable its abusable. The counterplay is just to slug endlessly and let them bleedout. It's either miserable for one side, the other, or useless.

It needs a complete redesign imo.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,062
    Options
    Yes, nerf

Can't change my vote to rework, but rework.

Make it an exhaustion perk, and while equipped, wiggling free from the killer's grasp causes exhaustion.

Powerful, but limited.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options
    Yes, rework

It's miserable to play against on console. Boil Over is always active, there's no counter to it except slugging. It's bad perk design and should be completely reworked.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options
    Yes, rework

Yeah its pretty obnoxious on console. I can't believe it's stayed busted on console for so long

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options
    No need for changes

But you just confirmed it was with a combination of other perks. Which proves that for it to work effectively you need a build. Also, let the abuser complete the gen in Ormond (in the main building). Not all is lost when the rest are available.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,614
    Options
    No need for changes

I can see boil over being annoying and abusive with that kind of build by the perk by itself I think is fine.

• fleur_
    fleur_ Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes, nerf

I think if the +30% progress upon the killer dropping from a height was nerfed then it would be fine. Yes, I find it incredibly annoying and infuriating when I can't hook someone because I keep getting pushed into a wall, the perk isn't that bad. I personally just run iron grasp and slug anyone who runs the "can't hook me build" and chases me with a flashlight until I chase them into the top of a multiple story building to get downed there.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,980
    Options
    No need for changes

I think it’s annoying, sure, but Survivors in premades generally have the potential to be annoying in other ways anyway.

I don’t mind it because it hardly bothers me. That’s kind of the perks purpose anyway, and iron grasp/agitation exist to make carrying easier, having a perk for Survivors that makes carrying harder is a good opposite to that I think.